• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 4 Screenshots

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Welp, it looks a whole fucking lot like Battlefield 3. Shame that they're doing this so soon after BF3, when this year would be PERFECT for a Bad Company 3. Fucking hell, EA.

Tell me about it. Maybe it's just me being a console pleb trash eater, but I enjoyed BC2 far more than BF3 on the Xbox.

Boss Man

Looks the part, early next-gen title.

I expected/was hoping for it to look better than Killzone to produce some competition. Looks about the same so far as I can tell.

edit: Actually, parts of it look decidedly not as good. I want this shit to eventually get blown out of the water next-gen. It looks good but not super impressed. Save us Capcom.

sp3000

I get that you don't like Battlefield, but KZ:SF and Crysis 3 are "vastly better? Come on now.

Where did you get the idea I don't like Battlefield?

I have 300 something hours in BF3 on PC. That doesn't stop me from judging these screenshots objectively. It simply looks no different from BF3.

Reiko

Banned
Looks the part, early next-gen title.

I expected/was hoping for it to look better than Killzone to produce some competition. Looks about the same so far as I can tell.

When you don't show weather effects, improved destruction, and actual video... It's easy for BF4 to look the same as BF3.

Ghazi

A) I'm sure it looks way better in motion.

B) It's rumored to run at 1080p with 60 FPS, that itself is a technical marvel with those graphics.

C) look at the scale of the 3rd pic, I'm sure there's somewhere even more massive

D) This is most likely SP, imo the MP maps of BF3 looked really nice and better than a lot of the campaign.

(I also believe that 64 player MP was in the rumor, so also take that into account)

Arnie

Those saying 'expected it to look as good as KZ:SF', you do realise that this is a level of visual fidelity that allows for 64 players, destruction, and a whole array of vehicles including the very real possibility of submarines? And it will run at 60fps on next-gen systems.

I looks phenomenal for what it is, that it looks so similar to BF3 (which also, and still does look phenomenal) is throwing us off a bit, I think.

RoKKeR

Where did you get the idea I don't like Battlefield?

I have 300 something hours in BF3 on PC. That doesn't stop me from judging these screenshots objectively. It simply looks no different from BF3.
Perhaps I should have said "look at things with a critical eye" as opposed to dislike Battlefield.

Nonetheless, it doesn't change the fact that judging BF4's visuals based on these 3 screens and calling C3/KZSF "vastly better" is a lesson on hyperbole.

Boss Man

A) I'm sure it looks way better in motion.

B) It's rumored to run at 1080p with 60 FPS, that itself is a technical marvel with those graphics.

C) look at the scale of the 3rd pic, I'm sure there's somewhere even more massive

D) This is most likely SP, imo the MP maps of BF3 looked really nice and better than a lot of the campaign.

(I also believe that 64 player MP was in the rumor, so also take that into account)
60 FPS launch title with 64 player MP would make this easier to accept I suppose.

construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

If the game is running with this image quality and is 1080p/60fps I'm sure it'll look great, amazing even, just have to wait for the trailer to hit now. This is a launch window game for next-gen right?

GodofWine

I'm at the point of diminished returns when it comes to screen shots, I have no interest in FPSs until MP game play is in late beta.

They screwed up the fun factor so much moving from bc2 to bf3 that I am now a skeptic. I really just want a squad system that works for up to 8 people to talk while playing and the server list custom game crap...must be improved

Spongebob

Banned
A 7850 can already run BF3 at high settings with 4xMSAA at 40fps. The PS4's GPU is slightly stronger than a 7850 and is in a closed box so I can't see any reason why the PS4 version of BF4 won't run at 1080/60fps with decent AA.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sure it will look better in motion - but pretty meh.

the last screen, gameplay with the birds, looks incredible if that scale is representative of real gameplay.

also, 60 fps will go a long ways - assuming rumors are true
EDIT: wow, i just repeated whats been said. over and over again. sorry

Foffy

Banned

I have no idea what your intent is with this image. I'm sure that ArmA III will outclass Battlefield 4 as a military shooter without even trying, and its mod community will polish and expand on the game..

Did you post that because it looks more captivating aesthetically?

Vasili2K38

In PS4 and Durango: Battlefield 3 PC ultra settings visuals, 1080p/60fps and 64 players, better destruction (really better destruction -_-) = DIRECTLY IN MY VEINS.

Portugeezer

A 7850 can already run BF3 at high settings with 4xMSAA at 40fps. The PS4's GPU is slightly stronger than a 7850 and is in a closed box so I can't see any reason why the BF4 PS4 won't run at 1080/60fps with decent AA.

Maybe the reason could be that BF4 looks a lot better (hard to tell from these screens). I thought the 60fps rumour got debunked? So it could go either way.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sure it will look better in motion - but pretty meh.

the last screen, gameplay with the birds, looks incredible if that scale is representative of real gameplay.

also, 60 fps will go a long ways - assuming rumors are true
EDIT: wow, i just repeated whats been said. over and over again. sorry

It's called "Construction 1P", so I assume it's out of the campaign.

Hmm, to be honest I found the BF3 screenshots to be more impressive, especially the one of the tank operator. I'll wait until the game is officially reveal before making anymore judgment.

sp3000

Same situation as this;

No it isn't. Not even remotely the same. Crysis 1 was a PC exclusive. Crysis 2 was scaled down from that to fit on consoles made in 2005.

BF4 is being made for 2013 consoles, while BF3 was made for 2005 consoles.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No it isn't. Not even remotely the same. Crysis 1 was a PC exclusive. Crysis 2 was scaled down from that to fit on consoles made in 2005.

BF4 is definitely still coming to 2005 consoles.

AngryBird

Banned
The second screen looks fantastic, but these are clearly bullshots or even artwork.

+

Just a thought... (don't flame)...

PC as far as I know hasn't dramatically jumped in performance since bf3 was released, so why would the devs make a game look 1000x better than bf3 considering the average specs of pc gamers rigs haven't changed that much if at all (majority?) People still struggle running bf3. I can't imagine a visually superior bf4 would do. The market is pretty low for that.

You guys are expecting too much. It's not going to happen. Bf4 will look only slightly better + some more effects/bloom/lensflare here n there. It hasn't even been two years.

Boss Man

This one. Yes this is the one that got me excited.
64 player online. 8 players control two factions of soldiers, 56 players control battle sea-gulls to distract enemy movements and turn the tides of war.

Am I the only person sick of "modern" shooters? When are we going to get a true future warfare game.
I just want some more shooters that aren't ADS. I like them alright, but FPS games like Halo are a lot more exciting in multiplayer and leave more room for skill and competition.

Kyoufu

BF4 is also on PS360 too, no?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
this almost looks like a real photo at first glance. No crazy effects, hyper detail, or color grading.

Check those jaggy shadows off to the right man! REAL LIFE AIN'T GOT NO JAGGY SHADOWS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yes, but how is that comparable to what happened with Crysis 1 to Crysis 2?

You can't really design a game around 2013 hardware if it's still working on 2005 hardware.

I mean even the shot that's impressing people is completely empty.

I just feel like a lot of the first BF3 shots looked on par or better. This looks like the same game.

Im sure it will look great in motion.. I just was hoping for something that looked new.

Top Bottom