• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 4 Screenshots

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looks bad to me. How is this more impressive than the bullshots they put out of BF3? If you're going to put out bullshots, at least pick better bullshots.

It's alright... but when I saw these screens the first thing I thought wasn't, "DAYUM!" it was, "well, uh... guess PS360 is to blame for this".

Not sure what people are expecting really. Do you want 10 guns at once? This is what diminishing returns are about. BF3 already looked great on PC.

yeah, and this looked great 2 years ago. i mean when the first shots come out and people are like "looks real" and "i believe it" and not "no way that's real" and "incredible!" that says something.

It's a cross-gen game, don't know why people are so disappointed. And it looks a lot better than the console versions. I think enthusiast PC gamers will have to wait a little bit longer to be "wowed" by graphics. But for me as a gamer who plays mainly on consoles it looks great.

Reiko

Banned
Hardware specs.

I'll gladly eat my crow if I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Depending on what effects are being pulled off it's possible to target 1080p/60fps looking at these screens.

What we don't see in these screens are the weather effects.

sp3000

Not sure what people are expecting really. Do you want 10 guns at once? This is what diminishing returns are about. BF3 already looked great on PC.

This is a really ridiculous argument. KZSF and Crysis 3 looked vastly better. The asset quality itself was much better than anything else.

This looks absolutely no different from BF3. The gun texture somehow looks even worse than the one in BF3.

FaultLineEp1-1080p-07.jpg

I_D

Not happening.

720p60 is the best you can hope for.

That's is a bit harsh.

People are complaining that this looks hardly any better than BF3, and the PS4 could do BF3 at 1080p60fps no problem (my 560ti can, anyway, and I assume the PS4's card is better than mine).

I think these screens look quite a bit better than BF3, but I see no reason why the PS4 couldn't run this just fine.

Satchel

Banned
Am I the only that expected it to look better?

That's barely above 3 imo. But 3 was gorgeous on PC. I expected a more noticeable bump given next Gen consoles aren't pulling on the leash.

It's alright... but when I saw these screens the first thing I thought wasn't, "DAYUM!" it was, "well, uh... guess PS360 is to blame for this".

I don't see why people are blaming the PS3/360 for the visuals. Watch_Dogs looks fantastic and it's a cross-gen title.

First 2 a little uncanny valleyish, but last one is really impressive.

This is more in line with what I expect next gen to look like. Pretty impressive. This is clearly the next gen version.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Am I the only that expected it to look better?

That's barely above 3 imo. But 3 was gorgeous on PC. I expected a more noticeable bump given next Gen consoles aren't pulling on the leash.

This is almost assuredly still coming to current gen.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Those people are the trophy whores. They really exist, I've seem 'em runnin around here on gaf from time to time.

I don't see why people are blaming the PS3/360 for the visuals. Watch_Dogs looks fantastic and it's a cross-gen title.

I agree with (or respect where you're coming from) like 99.9% of your posts usually... but this time... eh, I think maybe WD is a poor game to use as comparison.

Alienous

This is a really ridiculous argument. KZSF and Crysis 3 looked vastly better. The asset quality itself was much better than anything else.

This looks absolutely no different from BF3.

Yeah, no.

This image alone outclasses anything Battlefield 3 had. Look at the soldier on the right, the textures on the gloves. This is a level of detail unparalleled if achievable.

I have no idea how KZ:SF or Crysis 3 could look 'vastly better' than this to anyone.

Cidd

I want to see it in motion before jumping to conclusions, These games tend to impress in the physics department which I'm most looking forward to.

jett

D-Member

Well... Watch Dogs is being developed for next-gen consoles. Work on PS360 hasn't started yet, and when it does it will be offloaded to another team.

JordanN

Banned
Was expecting vastly improved character models and environments you always get with a big increase in power.

BF3 is good but it's no Elemental.

gPNCYUK.jpg

Ushae

Banned
These screens look phenomenal, who are these people still hating on it? Some people just cannot be pleased no matter what's being given to them I suppose.

This is like Killzone 2 all over again. As soon as the trailer hits, everyone will be shitting themselves.

I'll be the cynical guy being frowny at another protracted marketing campaign before they finally get to the details I give a shit about. And then we'll discover all the bullshit they're not telling us about after the game's released.

That's is a bit harsh.

People are complaining that this looks hardly any better than BF3, and the PS4 could do BF3 at 1080p60fps no problem (my 560ti can, anyway, and I assume the PS4's card is better than mine).

I think these screens look quite a bit better than BF3, but I see no reason why the PS4 couldn't run this just fine.

I personally think this looks alot better then BF3 personally. And we're not even seing the good stuff. (Weather, enhanced destruction/etc). GAF is just being GAF at the moment. Just wait till the trailer hits and everyone will eat crow.

What make you think so? If a standalone 7850 can run BF3 with 4xMSAA at 1080p/35-40fps I'm pretty sure that next gen consoles will manage 60 fps just fine with FXAA/No AA.

This isn't BF3, and i sure as hell hope its not using FXAA on the next gen versions.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think it looks better, but I'm comparing those shots with my experience on the 360. Maybe that isn't much of an improvement over what the PC version came out to look like, but it looks better to me.

What's up with those side/diagonal sights on the side of the rifle in the third picture? Do people in the armed forces actually do that IRL?

RoKKeR

This looks absolutely no different from BF3. The gun texture somehow looks even worse than the one in BF3.

FaultLineEp1-1080p-07.jpg
I get that you don't like Battlefield, but KZ:SF and Crysis 3 are "vastly better? Come on now.

Jharp

Welp, it looks a whole fucking lot like Battlefield 3. Shame that they're doing this so soon after BF3, when this year would be PERFECT for a Bad Company 3. Fucking hell, EA.

Top Bottom