• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked email reveals Texas Gov. Greg Abbot fears his state will go blue in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Houston is not so wack that you would have more than one congressional district on your ballot. You only have one representative in the House. Not sure which particular district you live in, but if you're in one of the two you listed in your photo, you'll have either 2 or 3 candidates to choose from for US Representative:

US Representative, District 7:
James Cargas - D
John Culberson (i) -R

US Representative, District 10:
Tawana W Cadien - D
Bill Kelsey - L
Michael T McCaul (i) - R

The lack of a US Senate race for you this year is a function of 6 year Senate terms and only two Senate seats to be decided over the course of three election cycles.

Hmm. Always thought they were 4 years.

Hikami

Guess I'll go vote for once. Been living in Houston most of my life, would be nice to see the state go blue.

ZOONAMI

Guess I'll go vote for once. Been living in Houston most of my life, would be nice to see the state go blue.

Vote in every election. Even your local elections are important and have a dramatic impact on your community. Research your local candidates and vote for who you like.

We live in a place that lets you vote and people don't give a fuck. It's baffling.

aeolist

Banned
Vote in every election. Even your local elections are important and have a dramatic impact on your community. Research your local candidates and vote for who you like.

We live in a place that lets you vote and people don't give a fuck. It's baffling.
any number of politicians have done very well for themselves by convincing people that government is broken and ineffectual to the point where there is considerable apathy in the population, not to mention all the myriad methods of voter suppression

besada

Banned
It pisses me off that others actually don't vote. THe mayoral election in San Antonio had less than 200k people vote, which is piss poor. Sure, it's partially because of the structure, but come on.

Part of the problem is young people in Texas are so convinced their voices won't be heard over the blaring red of the state that they skip voting. It's hard to blame them, since they're largely right for everything except very local races.

But yeah, it sometimes leads to depressing results that could have been avoided if people would just go vote.

Rayis

I would LOVE for this to happen because it'd be a death blow to Republicans at the national level, but I don't think it'd happen, it is Texas after all, from my experience even the minorities here are pretty conservative.

Texas really should be more purple than it actually is though.

If, and this is a big IF, Texas were to flip back to blue due to demographic changes, could a republican ever win the White House again?

watershed

Banned
I wish it would and the recent string of paper endorsements and republican endorsements might help Hillary. But it's odd that some people think Texas is going to go blue in the same election that other people are worrying that Hillary can't turn out Hispanic voters in the numbers she needs to. But that argument always felt like over-worrying anyways.

Riddler

You do know that a lot of Republicans here don't like Trump, right?

I remember seeing a lot of signs for Romney in 2012 on front yards.

Trump? Like two houses that I've seen this year.

Saw a guy have a Trump Flag earlier in the year and after the GOP convention that flag disappeared and haven't seen it since.

If it goes blue it's going to be joint effort here in Texas.

It also has a lot of Hispanics who still think he's the lesser evil :

Not enough to matter.

I'm voting D in Dallas. To bad our shirty senators Corny and Cruz aren't up for reelection. Those shitheads could potentially be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom