• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked : PS Plus free PS4 games for March 2017

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Meh for me as I already have Tearway and don't really play MP stuff anymore, but solid month overall.

Hell, super moot month for me anyway as no way I'd touch a PS+ game with Horizon, Zelda, Mass Effect and all the DLC (FFXV, Dark Souls 3, Gravity Rush 2, Walking Dead S3 E3 etc.). :D

Kashiwaba

Another month, another disappointment, I think it's clear we can't expect great AAA titles on PS+ anymore.

It was stupid since the start to offer AAA games. Sony did it during last gen to justify plus subscription, since all what it do is stop some people from buying those games since they expect them to be free later or make the people who bought those games salty since now this game is free.

Redlogic

Tearaway is a fantastic game, my fiance would be up early playing it before I even woke up. I haven't been able to find another game that grabbed her like TA did. Never heard of Disc Jam, but I'm game to find out about it!

Disc Jam has a GREAT future if its free on PS+!

The game is really fun, and its no Rocket League, but a healthy community will help morale and probably help develop the game's content even more. Super happy to hear that

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The Disc Jam beta is a ton of fun.

That being said it's polish is nowhere near Rocket League. It is seriously lacking in that department and I hope they work on it over time.

Tearaway is great.

Haven't tried the Disc Jam beta. How is it?

Very, very fun. Awesome back and forth, as its basically like a table tennis game.

The biggest downside is definitely the presentation/polish, as it comes off as an early PS3 game. It is nowhere near as slick or sexy as it should be, and I personally dislike the characters as they aren't stylized enough. I feel the game would do great if it even went for a more Nintendo like look.

Edit: Actually, it seems the beta build is outdated-- the trailer for DIscJam seems to have some things not in the beta version

You basically slide, deflect, lob, and time returns to get fast speeds, curve balls, etc.

Ive audibly laughed a LOT playing this.

In doubles you can pass to your teammates too. It's really fun to have a back and forth where you're making split second saves and fumbles, etc.

The game has characters who have different speeds and slides, etc. so Im curious about the balance come release and post-content support, but you can also equip a kind of super move that is activated when you are positioned right.

I like it a lot, and I think it has a ton of room to grow. Hopefully its success on PS+ leads to a big user base, and the team of 2 devs (I think) to expand

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, wait up people! People comparing Disc Jam with Rocket League? You better not been lying to me peole. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Compare it to Rocket League's first release, not Rocket League of today. There's no way Disc Jam, that is just releasing, can compare with Rocket League of today. It needs time to grow first.

Wasn't a huge fan of Tearaway. Its ok enough for what it is, and beautiful looking. But the mechanics / gameplay itself felt pretty lacking

Getting that Media Molecule goodness two months straight!

At least we getting retail games, so people shouldn't complain that much now.

Also, Disc Jam looks like a lot of fun.

hydruxo

Disc Jam is cool but I don't think it'll catch on like Rocket League did. There's just not enough depth there. Should be fun to play with friends for a few weeks though.

Compare it to Rocket League's first release, not Rocket League of today. There's no way Disc Jam, that is just releasing, can compare with Rocket League of today. It needs time to grow first.

SARPBC didn't take off for a number of reasons, but I think the PS4 is in a much better position for games like Rocket League and Disc Jam to grow. It will definitely do better than SARPBC if its on PS+, and considering the PS4 user base and the state of games today (indie games simply didn't get the attention they do today and there are tons of Youtubers to create hype)... the game will do well.

Not Rocket League well, but well enough.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
SARPBC didn't take off for a number of reasons, but I think the PS4 is in a much better position for games like Rocket League and Disc Jam to grow. It will definitely do better than SARPBC if its on PS+, and considering the PS4 user base and the state of games today (indie games simply didn't get the attention they do today and there are tons of Youtubers to create hype)... the game will do well.

Not Rocket League well, but well enough.

Sorry, I worded my post wrong. I didn't mean SARPBC even though that can technically be called Rocket League's first release. I meant compare Disc Jam to Rocket League 1.0, the game everyone got without the current modes and DLC it has now. Comparing it to the juggernaut of a game Rocket League is right now would not be a wise call when judging if someone should download/purchase it or not.

Tearaway is a great title for PS Plus. Always looked kind of interesting, but I was never sure if the gameplay is for me, so I never got around to play it. Now I can :)

Top Bottom