• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

TheMan

This footage is a bummer, because it really doesn't show any of the promised improvements. It looks way too much like the last one right now. I hope the EA press event actually make this game look better. Otherwise I can probably cross it off my list.

I won't say I'm crossing it off my list just yet, but I agree that this looks like more of the same. Not really excited yet.

Yeah, I was wondering this myself. Usually I'm really good at identifying voices, but I kept going back and forth on it.
After a few minutes of listening, I'm gonna go with it not being Ridley. I do hope they'll get her to do it before release, especially seeing as a LEGO game managed to get everyone, including Ford, to do voice over.

So each time you die you earn points, presumably based on your performance, which can be used to unlock hero characters for a game.

That's... not a bad compromise actually. More skilled players will get to play as heroes more often, but ultimately anyone can grind their way through to their faves with enough matches.

Also yeah, the player(s) in the video evidently isn't too skilled or familiar with the mechanics. They tried to using Rey's insight skill (basically a reusable version of the scanner from the first game) as though it were Luke's force push, or any other more offensive power.

Edit: Also I'm happy Sam Witwer's still getting work.

kAmui-

Dat lighting doe! Holy crap that looks good even on a compressed video like this. Can't wait to see what the single player looks like.

Nabbis

So far so good. Im going to wait for the other specifics and see if it's a little more complex than the first one.

After a few minutes of listening, I'm gonna go with it not being Ridley. I do hope they'll get her to do it before release, especially seeing as a LEGO game managed to get everyone, including Ford, to do voice over.
Don't the Lego games use the movies voices? I remember the voices being horrendously low quality.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong. I could have sworn I remembered the voices being total shit? Like recordings level of shit.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Personally, I think I'm leaning it being her. If it's not, the fact we're even having this conversations proves they got a damn fine impressionist.

Looks like Battlefront 1.5 amirite

jk it looks really nice, visually looks a lot better and I like the system changes I'm seeing

MrDaravon

VERY much like that it looks like you earn points in-game for performance/actions that you cash in to call in support, play as a hero etc. Absolutely fantastic change from the original. Looks like it's the same as original (you know what I mean :p) Battlefront in that you also still earn points for healing allies and support actions, not just straight kills which is good for folks who aren't the best to give them a chance to still call in cool stuff or play as a hero sometimes. I still play a lot of Battlefront and the hero token system is dumb as shit.

It's also hard to tell because the guy playing isn't great but I also like that heroes aren't super OP, which would probably also be in line with the apparent change to being able to cash in points for a hero; if there can only be two (or however) many heroes up at a time they need to be able to have them cycled in and out fairly regularly.

Tentatively really liking what I'm seeing here.

Don't the Lego games use the movies voices? I remember the voices being horrendously low quality.
They did but they also got them to record additional dialogue. The sort of stuff you'd hear during levels like "I have to put x over there" and also side missions with content not from the films.
Personally, I think I'm leaning it being her. If it's not, the fact we're even having this conversations proves they got a damn fine impressionist.
I think it's the hours of having to listen to Jyn from the first Battlefront that makes me think it's an impression, hahaha.

This looks awesome, I don't get why people think it looks too similar to the first one. I have played a good 150 hours of the first one and I found for the most part the gameplay was great, so outside of a some obvious changes like the way vehicles and pickups work, I would expect the gameplay to stay largely similar to the first. The biggest issue for me was content and map variety, which this seems set to deliver in spades.

This footage really reminds me of playing the original battlefront 2 back in the day. I skipped out on the last one for being so barebones, but I am definitely going to be here on day one this time.

Brofield

I really hope this turns out better than EA's first foray with Battlefront.

Keeping my optimism in check, but even as pretty as this looks I'll be waiting for the reviews if not a price drop

They did but they also got them to record additional dialogue. The sort of stuff you'd hear during levels like "I have to put x over there" and also side missions with content not from the films.

I think it's the hours of having to listen to Jyn from the first Battlefront that makes me think it's an impression, hahaha.
Ah that explains it. It'd be a shame if they didn't do that for the Battlefront games. Especially when everything else is extremely authentic and realistic.

Ovek

7Member7
Good lord that looked painfully boring. Still can't believe developers haven't got past the whole run forward and swing your lightsaber for force characters in games.

Rarius

The first game's VO was super inconsistent, some characters sounded perfect, others sounded like I was doing their voices

nowarning

Good lord that looked painfully boring. Still can't believe developers haven't got past the whole run forward and swing your lightsaber for force characters in games.

Yeah I wasn't keen on that in the first one and it looks like it's gonna be pretty similar from that video. JK2 lightsaber combat plz

The cost of characters and vehicles in this match.

Resource system prices = Vulture droid - 500, Troop transport - 1000, AAT - 2000, B2 SBD - 2000, Boba Fett - 5000, Dart Maul - 5000.

Republic resources - N-1 starfighter - 500, V-wing - 750, AT-RT - 1000, Jumptrooper - 2000, Rey and Han Solo - 5000.

Gameplay doesn't look that great, but looks like the guy playing has no idea on what to do.

Gonna look amazing on Scorpio 😍
I don't know if this was already in BF1 but i love these little details.

2017-06-1015_14_58-ficpqvh.png

Reminds me of Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy.

Working-Linux-Port-of-Star-Wars-Jedi-Knight-II-Jedi-Outcast-Is-Out-Download-and-Play-2.jpg
I thought the same but the opposite, in jedi academy just by touching the wall it would scorch it up, in this video the lightsaber goes through the wall many times but only leaves a marking when he swings from an attack.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The cost of characters and vehicles in this match.

Resource system prices = Vulture droid - 500, Troop transport - 1000, AAT - 2000, B2 SBD - 2000, Boba Fett - 5000, Dart Maul - 5000.

Republic resources - N-1 starfighter - 500, V-wing - 750, AT-RT - 1000, Jumptrooper - 2000, Rey and Han Solo - 5000.

Wait, the AT-RT is 1000 but the AAT is 2000?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So did they get rid of vehicle pick ups? Instead now you buy a vehicle with the points you earn and spawn with that vehicle instead?

I kinda like it

AT-RT is only a small scout walker, AAT is a tank

Yeah i know, but still some of the costs are a little weird, the CIS seems to have more heavy options than the republic.

J_Viper

The graphics are expectedly gorgeous, but the hero gameplay looks just as jank as it did previously. That's disappointing.

Top Bottom