• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

Looks amazing graphically, that's the least of my concerns though

I just skipped around but why the fuck is Rey a hero in the prequel era

keraj37

Uhmmm, it is very hard to judge the visuals quality from 720p + massive yt compression, but even with that I can easily see it looks more less same as prequel.

So I don't understand this fascination in first posts. Didn't you play prequel (on PC preferably)?

Sounds and looks same to me.

And this footage shows MP, and I am not gonna buy it again like Battlefront 1 if there is not going to be any serious single player content. Not any more DICE.

Sulik2

Graphics looks great, the problem is it looks like it still plays like Battlefront and I hated that game. Hopefully the campaign at least has a good story so I have a reason to rent it to see how good it looks.

LordKasual

Banned
I miss the old Jedi Knight days of lightsabers leaving melt trails on walls/floors and actually dismembering victims

edit: Oh they actually do when you swing them.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Heroes aren't locked to the map you are on. You can play as anyone anywhere. It was like that in the first one too

Yeah but in the previous game there was only the OT era, and the classic Battlefronts they were tied to the Era of the map. Now Heroes from any era can join the battle.

Newlove

Uhmmm, it is very hard to judge the visuals quality from 720p + massive yt compression, but even with that I can easily see it looks more less same as prequel.

So I don't understand this fascination in first posts. Didn't you play prequel (on PC preferably)?

And this footage shows MP, and I am not gonna buy it again like Battlefront 1 if there is not going to be any serious single player content. Not any more DICE.

Did you not see that all they've talked about is single player so far? And how multiplayer is going to have more content this time. There is a campaign where you play an imperial officer.

Yeah but in the previous game there was only the OT era, and the classic Battlefronts they were tied to the Era of the map. Now Heroes from any era can join the battle.

There were the rogue one heroes they added, I don't think they were locked to the scarif maps from what I remember

Well it looks like Battlefront, I got bored of the first game real quick, This looks more of the same. Might get it if it's got a VR component.

I can do without the heroes, I enjoy playing Battlefront as one of the grunts against the other minions. But it's a core chunk of the game for people, so I can understand the appeal.

It looks good, I have hopes for the single player. I'm hoping they can pull a Titanfall 2 and just blow us away with the singleplayer that was sorely lacking in the first game.

Also speederbikes... I need all the speederbikes.

I'm going to spend far too much time playing this.

Glad to hear they got Witwer to voice Maul, he did an excellent job in TCW and Rebels. I loved how Rey's theme plays when she enters the fray too.

Ephemeris

loaded it up on my desktop and started watching. Grabbed my phone to share via mobile as well.. and it says the link has been taken down. rofl

DB9u8icUwAYq0UL.jpg:large

Boem

Maybe this is a dumb thing to complain about, but the previous Battlefront wasn't a prequel to this game. A prequel is something that's made after an earlier work while chronologically taking place before that work. The previous Battlefront was made before Battlefront II. So Battlefront II is a sequel to Battlefront, and Battlefront is the precursor of Battlefront II, not a prequel. In the same way that Return of the Jedi isn't a prequel to Force Awakens, but Revenge of the Sith is a prequel to New Hope.

Also every time they talked about this game before this leak (and the previous trailers), it was all mostly about the extensive single player story mode. So it'll have one this time.

As pretty and realistic the graphis look, the gameplay just looks clumsy.
The heroes look like a buch of idiots running around waggling a lightsaber, the jumps look stupid, and the running animations are just ridiculous.

WillyFive

That YouTuber will never be invited to anything by EA ever again.

The addition of smoke makes the graphics look a lot better. The new squad system looks great, and seems like a great improvement over even Battlefield's own system.

BigEmil

That YouTuber will never be invited to anything by EA ever again.

The addition of smoke makes the graphics look a lot better. The new squad system looks great, and seems like a great improvement over even Battlefield's own system.
More faster arcade like action gameplay, in the first one people complained they were too slow here they look beast and fast and unstoppable

Top Bottom