• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

WillyFive

More faster arcade like action gameplay, in the first one people complained they were too slow here they look beast and fast and unstoppable

You mean the opposite. The biggest complaint about the first one was it's arcady nature compared to the original games; this game is trying to fix that.

I am probably biased because I am a huge Star Wars fanboy and I played the shit out of Battlefront 1, but I can't understand how people can say this is boring. The guy that's showing off the gameplay is downright terrible and I am still giddy about it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

iFirez

Really excited to see more of this, the voice acting sounded a big step up from the first game which really took me out of it. I'm hopeful we'll get a glimpse at one of the other Star Wars games tonight too... hopeful but not very.

Skyzard

Banned
Hero footage isn't interesting, you're an unstoppable killing machine.

Environment looks interesting at least. Gameplay not so much tbh, hope e3 footage is better.

DrBo42

Looks just as vapid as the first based on that gameplay. Reading "awesome lightsaber combat" posts have me wondering what video people were watching.

I am probably biased because I am a huge Star Wars fanboy and I played the shit out of Battlefront 1, but I can't understand how people can say this is boring. The guy that's showing off the gameplay is downright terrible and I am still giddy about it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Perhaps I should have phrased it differently, but from my perspective I find it difficult to not be excited about it. Although I prefaced that by stating that I am probably biased as fuck.

Nice try though.

The person playing is AWFUL so people should wait a few more hours for more gameplay to surface before condemning it (although i expect heros to be janky still)

Excited to see some gameplay from a droid perspective

Darth Maul and Duel of Fates?

Perhaps I should have phrased it differently, but from my perspective I find it difficult to not be excited about it. Although I prefaced that by stating that I am probably biased as fuck.

Nice try though.

I guess I didn't already make it blatantly obvious enough.

I was showing you that you answered your own question. Don't know what the nice try is about, relax.

Roufianos

Glad to see the hero gameplay looks much more polished. Looking forward to seeing gameplay from an infantry perspective.

Apeboy

Still the janky, sped up heros from last game. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Art and sound were awesome in the first one only to be let down by rudimentary gameplay.

Looking really good. Looks like they got Lightsabers right, with 1 hit kills (as they should be) instead of hacking away at people, looking stupid while they take 4-5 hits to go down. Also loving Darth Maul's Force choke / throw. :)

Gamezone

Gold Member
Don't watch this, guys. Terrible resolution, boring map, and the dude playing is terrible. Just wait a few hours.

Nabbis

If it wasn't for the new characters I would never have guessed that this is Battlefront 2.

I personally don't see much point in improving the graphics... At least that's not even on the radar when i look for a sequel of a two year old game. Best case scenario for me would be the dev time being spent on new systems.

Crimbo

Come on guy, please stop jumping, or at least hit the window you are trying for.
Footage on vidme was blurry for me but I could still tell this is going to be a looker.

If it wasn't for the new characters I would never have guessed that this is Battlefront 2.

Don't watch this, guys. Terrible resolution, boring map, and the dude playing is terrible. Just wait a few hours.

This is starting to look something like an agenda lol

The resolution is more than good enough to watch, and when I watch gameplay videos I don't care if the player is good or not. I honestly don't even pay attention because I'm checking out the game, not how good the person playing is. I'm looking at it and taking in all the visual information to try and get a better feel of how the game is.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
4 hours and 13 minutes until the live stream begins.

Regginator

Do we have news about the game modes and if there's going to be a full fleshed story?

By the way, the camera sensitivity almost made me sick. It's waaaaay too damn high.

Dysun

Would have liked to see normal soldier gameplay in the video and what kind of customization is available

Hero gameplay looks improved but unremarkable

WillyFive

Do we have news about the game modes and if there's going to be a full fleshed story?

By the way, the camera sensitivity almost made me sick. It's waaaaay too damn high.

The camera sensitivity is because it's being played with a mouse and keyboard. On console everything is going to move a lot slower. As for the story, yes the single player will be fully fleshed out.

Top Bottom