• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lebron James Ethers Charles Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Now even with that context imagine Lebron spitting on a kid for the same reasons. People would kill Lebron and try to hang up in the middle of the street.
Nice deflection, no one is claiming otherwise. The point is that lebron dropped a bunch of personal attacks that sound terrible on the surface, but once you learn the whole story it's a bunch of nothing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bu bu but there is a salary cap. It exists, and the Cavs are way over it. Dan Gilbert can't lift it.

The team can only sign minimum contract free agents and make trades. Trades will be tough for them since they have no good pieces they're willing to give up. LeBron led them right into this hole, and somehow expects them to unfuck it.

However, I still think they'll get something since one way or another, LeBron must be pleased.

You say the bolded as if it's a bad thing. Shouldn't all teams want to please their best players?

Nice deflection, no one is claiming otherwise. The point is that lebron dropped a bunch of personal attacks that sound terrible on the surface, but once you learn the whole story it's a bunch of nothing.

Spitting on actual racist is still a bad look. Especially if there's an innocent kid sitting right next to the racist. Chuck was super wrong for that.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kyrie is the reason Cleveland has a championship.

Yep

5I4ZfFt.jpg

Bread

Banned
wtf is the argument here anyways?

The Cavs couldn't have won without Tristan Thompson. They couldn't have won without Richard Jefferson. Who gives a shit

mckmas8808

wtf is the argument here anyways?

The Cavs couldn't have won without Tristan Thompson. They couldn't have won without Richard Jefferson. Who gives a shit

This is what happens when people hate Lebron too much.

mckmas8808

Kyrie had to drop 41 in game 5 just to barely beat the Warriors
Kyrie hit the game winning 3 in game 7

LeBron is obviously huge but you are silly if you don't think Kyrie was apart of the reason. Also Thompson getting all those rebounds

Not one person in this thread has every claimed that Lebron did it himself. Who are you talking to?

Marz

LeBron is obviously huge but you are silly if you don't think Kyrie was apart of the reason. Also Thompson getting all those rebounds

Lebron had 40 in game 5 as well. What you're arguing doesnt even make sense.

Spinluck

No one is taking away from Kyrie, obviously Bron couldn't do it alone or without Kyrie (we saw that the year before last). But anyone who thinks that team gets that far without LeBron just hates him; plain and simple.

What's their record when LeBron sits or wasn't there at all?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No one is taking away from Kyrie, obviously Bron couldn't do it alone or without Kyrie (we saw that the year before last). But anyone who thinks that team gets that far without LeBron just hates him; plain and simple.

What's their record when LeBron sits or wasn't there at all?

LBJ is no Kobe. Let's just agree on that. Chuck was right.

Bu bu but there is a salary cap. It exists, and the Cavs are way over it. Dan Gilbert can't lift it.

The team can only sign minimum contract free agents and make trades. Trades will be tough for them since they have no good pieces they're willing to give up. LeBron led them right into this hole, and somehow expects them to unfuck it.

You are wrong.

The Cavs have a $4.4M trade exception that expires Feb 20, 2018. They also have two more trade exceptions of $4.8M and $2.2M respctively. Both expire Jan 7, 2018.

The only things stopping the Cavs from making moves to fill these gaps is finding a player they want that fits into those slots and Gilbert's willingness to pay once they find players they want to sign.

BadAss2961

You say the bolded as if it's a bad thing. Shouldn't all teams want to please their best players?
Everybody wants things, but LeBron is the only player that typically gets whatever he wants.
You are wrong.

The Cavs have a $4.4M trade exception that expires Feb 20, 2018. They also have two more trade exceptions of $4.8M and $2.2M respctively. Both expire Jan 7, 2018.

The only things stopping the Cavs from making moves to fill these gaps is finding a player they want that fits into those slots and Gilbert's willingness to pay once they find players they want to sign.

That doesn't change my point. They still have to find teams to trade with while having no good pieces they're willing to give up.

Those exceptions aren't shit. With all they're paying already, you think Gilbert is sweating those amounts? And for their trade partner, we're talking small salary dumps between bench players. Pretty much stuff that serves no point except charity to Cleveland in making them a little bit better while making yourself a little bit worse for some loose change.

Yeah every team has money coming out of every orifice these days, so things like trade exceptions and expiring contracts don't have the value they used to. Gilbert's stance seems to be that, because they are so over the cap, signing or trading for some backup player for a few million dollars means that thanks to the luxury penalties, it actually costs him 1.5 or 2x that much, for a player who, let's be honest, will probably be glued to the bench come playoff time. On the one hand I can see why Gilbert would balk, on the other hand Gilbert is a piece of shit so I hope Bron keeps the pressure on him.

gatti-man

LeBron was off base with this. I think his recent frustrations got to him. I never thought he'd stoop so low as to attack Barkley by bringing up personal things. I think LeBron should've clapped back, but he got personal, and that was was a bitch move. He gets points back for being open to talking to Chuck privately over the all-star wknd though.

Barkley gets personal with Lebron. And Barkley can be pretty hypocritical. Chucks response was spot on when he said "some of what lebron says is true but it doesn't invalidate what I said about him". In other words I'm paid to commentate and that's what I'm doing.

Cels

really? i thought lebron's rant was kind of weak.

1. all this stuff lebron talks about, and then he doesn't talk about charles going around the corner to get a blowjob?

2. lebron doesn't address barkley's specific claims about how lebron has everything he needs, his team is the highest paid in the NBA, they are deep into the luxury tax, they are the reigning champions, and he still feels his team is not good enough to compete

I mean, he didn't say anything about Barkley that most of us old timers didn't already know. I knew about the window incident, it happened right here in Cleveland where I live. The spitting on the kid incident was well documented. Anyone who knows anything about Chuck knows he's a huge gambler and has had issues. So...it was personal I guess but it's not like he unearthed some big hush hush secrets. Just a reminder of what kind of guy Barkley has been throughout life.

rambis

Banned
https://youtu.be/_K7Qiqjffj4

Basically sums it up. Barkley cant understand the need to want to get better after a championship because he's never been there. But even then, when the team you faced adds the 2nd-3rd im not sure that even needs to be explained. You have to get better after a championship if you want to repeat. Specially if other teams make huge splashes. Yet CLE has gotten worse. Its hilarious that most of the HoFers with rings are siding with Bron but easy to see why.

I mean, he didn't say anything about Barkley that most of us old timers didn't already know. I knew about the window incident, it happened right here in Cleveland where I live. The spitting on the kid incident was well documented. Anyone who knows anything about Chuck knows he's a huge gambler and has had issues. So...it was personal I guess but it's not like he unearthed some big hush hush secrets. Just a reminder of what kind of guy Barkley has been throughout life.
And people are acting like this is the only thing Barkley has ever said about Lebron. He's been either riding his cock or making sly comments for years about LBJ seemingly hoping to get some sort of acknowledgement.

mckmas8808

Everybody wants things, but LeBron is the only player that typically gets whatever he wants.

And what's wrong with this?

https://youtu.be/_K7Qiqjffj4

Basically sums it up. Barkley cant understand the need to want to get better after a championship because he's never been there. But even then, when the team you faced adds the 2nd-3rd im not sure that even needs to be explained. You have to get better after a championship if you want to repeat. Specially if other teams make huge splashes. Yet CLE has gotten worse. Its hilarious that most of the HoFers with rings are siding with Bron but easy to see why.

And people are acting like this is the only thing Barkley has ever said about Lebron. He's been either riding his cock or making sly comments for years about LBJ seemingly hoping to get some sort of acknowledgement.

Exactly! But Isiah Thomas will get no play nationally for saying this on ESPN.

Small update, it seems like the Cavs are indeed going to trade Shumpert to the Rockets for Patrick Beverly sometime today.

Lebron finally has help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom