• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Grimrock - April 11th PC release [Mac/iOS later]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

4 people team only?

Wow.

They nailed the graphics and atmosphere. I just hope the game is HARD, LONG and has OBSCURE PUZZLES all around!

It's been in development in some form for around 10 years, you can dig up posts about it dating back to 2001 on Dungeon Master forums. With that much time to draft dungeon designs and craft puzzles, I'm expecting something extremely awesome.

kmob

Neo Member
Pre-ordered.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Not only a great looking throwback to the "good old days" but also the devs seem like good guys. I'm glad to be able to support them. :)

Minsc

Gold Member
It's going for the same high fantasy aesthetics of those classic dungeon crawlers, except with infinite more graphical detail. I love it.

Legend_of_Grimrock_11_Stein.jpg

Legend_of_Grimrock_18_Tor.jpg

More detail indeed. Lighting engine is supposed to be very nice too :)

Looks awesome, definitely going to pre-order, this genre has been too scarce on PC for my liking.

nickcv

i'd love to preorder it, but i don't think i'll have much time to play it right now...

do you guys think you'll still get both the standalone and steam code if you buy from the website after the game is launched?

DiscoJer

Given that this is about static pictures I don't think it's TOO unreasonable. But it's more or less moot if it has the capability to import pictures of your choice (or if they added more since the picture I saw), which I'm actually kind of expecting already is there or will end up one of the first things patched in.

But one guy basically did all the artwork for the game, as near as I can tell. He probably didn't have time to go overboard drawing new portraits that might not even be used.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to have a lot of portraits (or just more than 4 for each race, which it looks like there are in the trailer), I just think people need to rein in expectations a bit as to the scale of the game...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is there a chance to see this game on vita in the future? I don't want to play with class of heroes, unchained blade and other jap things, i want a western first person dungeon crawler!

They will look into other platform once they're done with the launch. The Vita hasn't been mentioned, though. I think they would consider iOS, Android and Mac before anything else.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I already gave in and bought the game. Can't wait for it to release!

Is there a chance to see this game on vita in the future? I don't want to play with class of heroes, unchained blade and other jap things, i want a western first person dungeon crawler!

Port begging is bad, junior. Avoid posting like this.

d1rtn4p

Pre-ordered, cannot wait. Brings back fond memories of playing Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 on my PC back in the late 80s. I can remember one specific part in EOB2 where i was fighting a ton of skeleton lords; had to keep locking myself in a room, resting, unlocking the door, attack them, close door, repeat until finished :)

Kylarean

Preordered. I've been watching this game for a while and have been reminiscing about playing similar games when I was younger.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Autoquote only to be clear, i have not used the term "jap" with offensive intent, i didn't even know that it's offensive.
About the port begging, i'm guilty i can't deny :(

Aeana

Not on this forum though.

There's no ban on using the word "Jap" here, but it would be silly if there were because it's stupid to ban words entirely just because they can be used derisively. The only thing that matters is the intent behind the word. We cannot say for sure whether he meant it to be racist or just an abbreviation.

Autoquote only to be clear, i have not used the term "jap" with offensive intent, i didn't even know that it's offensive.

I'm not going to ban you for this, but now that people have pointed it out to you please don't do it again. (And definitely don't post beginning for non-existent hypothetical ports to a platform you prefer, because that too is bannable.)

DagsJT

Just pre-ordered from them directly. Makes sense as I still get a Steam key and they'll receive more of my money.

Looking forward to playing it now, despite not having heard of it until a week ago.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not going to ban you for this, but now that people have pointed it out to you please don't do it again. (And definitely don't post beginning for non-existent hypothetical ports to a platform you prefer, because that too is bannable.)

Sorry, no abbreviations and no begging, understood.

DagsJT

Amazing developer support. This kind of thing really shows up the "bigger" developers, the ones who don't listen to customers at all.

FGMPR

Banned
Amazing developer support. This kind of thing really shows up the "bigger" developers, the ones who don't listen to customers at all.

I find it even more so in the case of Bioware, who apparently couldn't include PC gamepad controls out of time constraints when a team of 4 people could manage to do this in no time.

Zarovitch

Pre-order done and i'll give one to a friend.

Can't wait to see character generator and skill for race and profession.
I'll feel like a kid with this game.

I love these guys so much, hope they make bank on this project.

In this presentation idiom, will pay real money for modern remakes of Might & Magic I & II, Space Hulk, Sentinel Worlds.

I love these guys so much, hope they make bank on this project.

In this presentation idiom, will pay real money for modern remakes of Might & Magic I & II, Space Hulk, Sentinel Worlds.

NO!

NO remakes. Make NEW games, spiritual successors. Remakes cost as much as new game in the series (franchise rights). If you have money to buy rights and make a remake you have money to make a new entry in the franchise (even if it runs on some old engine).

Tokubetsu

I'm still torn between buying from GOG or directly from the developer.

I'm going direct from developer. It's funny, I was kinda eh mainly because this FPS dungeon crawl aren't really my bag, but the whole create your party at the start sold me. I miss that.

Torraz

The developer option is the same DRM free version as gog.com, right? (with a bonus steam key for convenience?).

Pre-ordering as soon as I make up my mind with regards to gog or the devs.

Herp. Above post answers my question.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm gonna get it from gog to support them and the devs, I have no need for a Steam copy, there's no benefit to me in having two versions of the same game, especially if it's all counted as one licence in two different ways rather than two actual copies, one of which you can gift (yes, yes, DRM free means you could do that anyway, and keep your Steam copy only, but that'd be like pirating all the same even if you never used the DRM free copy yourself, imo, as they don't state gifting as the intention).

Leonsito

Looks amazing, Lands of Lore is one of my favorite games ever so I have to pre-order this one.

The options are GOG, Steam, and directly from the devs ?

Sentenza

Looks amazing, Lands of Lore is one of my favorite games ever so I have to pre-order this one.

The options are GOG, Steam, and directly from the devs ?
The last two actually overlap.
If you buy directly from the devs, they give you both a DRM free download and a Steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom