• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra Book 2 HYPE Thread (Book 1 & 2 Spoilers inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that OG cast poster is awesome. zuko looking like such a boss, damn. katara looks awful though and i still hate aangs stupid beard.

ugh looks like pro bending is back. garbage shit. new spirit looking things look pretty wicked though. zero hype for me so far but ill watch regardless.

love that art.

Sokka went from looking the lamest to looking pretty cool

zuko's haircut is hideous

they're channeling too much Dimartino into aang's design with that ugly ass chin strap beard

katara looks lame as always

toph looks like toph, meh.

Hope Konietzko or Dossantos puts both those posters up on their blogs.

Wiseblade

*stumbles into thread with eyes closed*

I plan to go into Book 2 as fresh as reasonably possible, but it'd feel wrong if I didn't post here a little.

Book 2: Spirits, eh? Everybody guess it already, but it's a direction I'm excited to see the show go in. The spirit world was largely untouched in TLA, so there's definitely a lot of potential there.

Even though Book 2 is only two episodes longer, I hope there's a lot more time spent on developing characters. It would be a huge detriment to the series for Bryke to rely on the microscopic development the Bending Bros. got in Book 1 and not go any further. I also really hope that Asami remains as a core member of the cast. She's too good to put on a bus.

*stumbles out of thread with eyes closed*

Jarmel

Banned
Holy Shit OOOOOOOMMMMMGG
1342223276859.jpg

Screw the new gang. God Damn at the old one.

Need a wallpaper version of that ASAP.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea so looking at the designs again and more closely. Mako's definitely the worst as I'm not sure what it's supposed to be other than a skirt, not to mention the waistline goes way too high making it look like something a grandpa would wear, while the rest have this early Industrial design going on. Tenzin however is pretty bad as it's like a never ending cloakfest. Man must use his airbending to cool off.

Epcott

Wow... Katara is looking hot in that pic.

If Korra is going to the spirit world, maybe she'll meet up with them and have lunch on Appa's back.

kunonabi

I like that old cast pic even though Katara is looking a bit chubby especially the face. Might just be quality of the pic.

Satch

Banned
why? i know its not about them but they could be in the white lotus just or just be shown in the show, here and there like katara.

i want to get to know the new Team Avatar, out from under the shadow of the old Team Avatar. i guess i just want them to forge their own fresh path in this new setting.

i never cared enough about the first Team Avatar to ever want them to show up in LoK though tbh

Ithil

Bolin will settle down with Asami and shit will be chill. But before that he will step out of his brother's shadow and make his own mark.

"Pair the spares", goody, just to make the romance angle of Korra even more clichéd. It's the area dragging down the rest of the show.

Uchip

Banned
Oh great, more fan service. My least favorite part of Korra was how much it relished in bringing back stuff from A:TLA.

Now we are going to see them again?

heh
we have people complaining that it wasnt enough like TLA
and then people that complain that it stuck too close to it

im going to give them props for attempting to be fresh

Ithil

I just hope that if Mako MUST be Korra's love interest, they can introduce some personality traits beyond "love interest" and "firebender" (which is not really a personality trait)

It's exactly the same problem that Smallville faced, where the writers were completely obsessed with a love interest that was entirely uninteresting, despite having a more entertaining and likeable alternative right there in the series already. Instead they treat the more interesting/entertaining alternative like a joke and shove the dull love interest down your throat, which damages the show as a whole.

Now it's not as bad as that; Mako is not as prominent or show devouring as that, but it's the same kind of situation. I'm tired of these characters made to be love interests and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom