• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

SykoTech

Asami better get some sort of depth later on, or I hope she gets kicked off the show. Even Suki had a lot more going for her than just a romance subplot.

Pretty worthless episode outside of the Bolin parts. At least they got it out of the way early on....I hope.

Lmao good episode. That announcer was funny as hell!

"And Bolin loses his noodles! Literally! Which brings me to tonight's sponsors!

"He continues to fight with 1 arm! How long can he hold out!? Apparently not very long!"

Ridli

Best episode? Best episode.

Prolin was great. Top notch pro bending. And complete and total shipping carnage. Good god it was beautiful.

Also, we need a crying Bolin gif. Immediately.

jasonng

You know what? As a whole, I think I liked this episode better than the last one. The flow of the story was just nicer imo.

The romance parts were ok, I certainly don't think they are as bad as some people here seem to. And the pro-bending was fantastic. I guess the love-triangle will take a step back now and it'll be just Masami for a while.

Oh and I SO now what's going to happen next episode.

It's not so much as it's bad but more of us not wanting it at all.

Nert

The romance parts would probably seem less boring to me if Mako was a more interesting character. It might not be fair to cast judgement on him so early into the first season, but he comes across as a Zuko-lite or something when I already find Korra, Bolin, and Tenzin interesting. He's just... serious and brooding, most of the time.

There's also the part where I know almost nothing about Asami and don't currently care about how she feels about all of these shenanigans.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's not so much as it's bad but more of us not wanting it at all.

5bzbK.png

I actually really enjoyed this episode, it was that combination of the fantastic pro-bending scenes and some extra focus on Bolin shenanigans that really made it. I certainly enjoyed it more than Korra going ranbo on groups of training chi-blockers.

Omikaru

The bit where Bolin vomited. Hahah, that was the highlight of the episode for me. But I did lose my shit when he ran off crying too.

And on the shipper thing, the romance itself wasn't terrible, but I don't think many of us in this thread really wanted the romance in the first place. It really was fanservice for the shippers today. Also, it's like they're setting up Asami to be evil, and for Mako to realise the error in his ways and hook up with Korra at the end. Though I really hope it's not that clichéd.

Anyway, enough shipping talk from me. I really, sincerely, honestly hope that that's put it to rest. Since it's an ATLA sequel, it was inevitable (the emotionally unhinged section of the fanbase demanded it), but I'm hoping they just get on with the show now and never speak of this again.

hope this is the last time shipping stuff gets this much attention. wasnt a big fan of the whole love triangle thing at all, but im glad it sorta got resolved by the end of the episode. if these brothers must end up with korra, hope its bolin, though that dude needs to stop being such a crybaby

shipping bullshit aside, episode had some excellent choreography and animation. bolin especially was a boss

weird how korra just bounced back from the last episode. like nothing ever happened to her. i wanna see more airbending goddamnit.

Trey

The bit where Bolin vomited. Hahah, that was the highlight of the episode for me. But I did lose my shit when he ran off crying.

And on the shipper thing, the romance itself wasn't terrible, but I don't think many of us in this thread really wanted the romance in the first place. It really was fanservice for the shippers today.

And it's like they're setting up Asami to be evil, and for Mako to realise the error in his ways and hook up with Korra at the end. Though I really hope it's not that clichéd.

Anyway, enough shipping talk from me. I really, sincerely, honestly hope that that's put it to rest.

It obviously isn't. Oh no, it's barely begun.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
hope this is the last time shipping stuff gets this much attention. wasnt a big fan of the whole love triangle thing at all, but im glad it sorta got resolved by the end of the episode. if these brothers must end up with korra, hope its bolin, though that dude needs to stop being such a crybaby

shipping bullshit aside, episode had some excellent choreography and animation. bolin especially was a boss

Bolin was a god... and now he's not

My inner masochist is pleased. The trolling/shipping from the creators is a fucking goldmine of comedy on the Internet. Bless you, Nick. BLESS YOU!

did they show a preview for the next episode? i only saw something about how its a hit series and fans are talking about it yadda yadda

Measley

Honestly, that was probably my favorite episode so far. I love pro-bending, and Bolin getting his heartbroken was great. Also Korra pouring her heart out to Mako was pretty good too.

I think this episode added a bit more depth to the characters, and I'm really enjoying the entire pro-bending angle from this series. It reminds me of how there's traditional martial arts, and sport martial arts.

As for Mako lacking character, I can sort of agree. Problem is that every woman I know who watches this series thinks he's hot and are in love with him. So its sort of believable that he'd have Asami and Korra all over him.

As for Bolin getting shot down while his better looking and cooler brother gets all the chicks..

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Trey

they have 7 episodes left for this book and 14 coming after. Lets assume they give the 7 to you know who they still have another book so I think it can appear again

You seriously think they're gonna shelve a major theme of three major characters for the rest of the season?

I understand wishing it didn't exist, but come on.

no they didn't.

Just all you have said and a new episode next Saturday.

ah okay. at least its a new episode so thats good

hmmm nick has some korra preview thing that i havent seen yet on their site.
shows amon attacking a probending match and korra being a boss going after him
would be it if next episode is the tournament finals

You seriously think they're gonna shelve a major theme of three major characters for the rest of the season?

huh? what?

I was saying that there is a chance it won't go away like the poster wanted and used those episodes as a "worst case" example

Yea that scene has been going around for a while its looking like that's gonna be the upcoming episode

Is airbending not allowed because it would be OP, or is it not included because its so rare?

i would say the former would play a part but its more likely the latter (Tenzin and his kids are the only air benders and he hates probending)

CoolS

Yes, I bet that is what happens next week judging from the trailers and also
Tahno getting his bending taken away in front of everyone

Also, from the looks of it, after next episode we might have seen almost everything from the trailers. Exciting!

Is airbending not allowed because it would be OP, or is it not included because its so rare?
Probably the latter. I mean there are 4 airbenders, 3 of them are children.

Omikaru

Nah, I know it's not going to go away. I still wish they hadn't gone there so heavily in the first place, and I hope it's laughed at from now on. I really don't want another heavy romance episode like this one though.

I liked how this episode slowed down the pace of the main plot and gave us some character development, but man, it's amazing how little I care about the bullshit romance angle. Granted, it was handled better than it is in most kid shows, but it still sucks. Neither Mako or Asami are interesting characters (hopefully that changes later), and the only redeeming aspect of the whole love triangle was Bolin being hilarious when his heart was broken.

If they have to have this shipping stuff in here, I'd still rather them have a whole episode focusing on it so they can town it down in later episodes. Hopefully that is what happens.

And not to keep nitpicking, but the pro-bending matches are too predictable. I was rolling my eyes at the cliched come from behind victory with Korra knocking everybody out at the last second. There is no way they should have won that match, and it would have made the weight of the romantic stress feel a lot more poignant had they lost the tournament because of it

All that being said this is still an amazing show, and I'm still blown away by how well most things are being handled so far. Just bring back the badassery in the next episode please!

Yes, I bet that is what happens next week judging from the trailers and also
Tahno getting his bending taken away in front of everyone

Also, from the looks of it, after next episode we might have seen almost everything from the trailers. Exciting!.

oh shit, thats confirmed to happen? damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom