• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

You accidentally put "The Last Airbender" in your OT thread title, Wiseblade.

This OT is now ruined forever.

I panicked! I was planning on throwing the thread up on Monday if the Facebook page reached 100k, and was still working on it when things happened. I was just C+P stuff from my draft and forgot to check what the final title was. ¬.¬

Although if a mod would be kind enough to change it for me, It would be greatly appreciated.

Seda

You accidentally put "The Last Airbender" in your OT thread title, Wiseblade.

This OT is now ruined forever.

I thought it was going to be titled The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra in the states? Or did they realize that "The Last Airbender" doesn't really apply anymore and remove that supertitle?

WillyFive

I thought it was going to be titled The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra in the states? Or did they realize that "The Last Airbender" doesn't really apply anymore and remove that supertitle?

It was, but then somebody realized that was stupid, so they just made it "Legend of Korra" with no preceding title.

apana

Thread needs to be retitled Avatar: Legend of Korra. Screw whatever the actual show name is, this is the real name. We must take a stand!

Hieberrr

I just saw the first episode. I thought it was pretty good, but nothing to get super hyped over (so far). There were so pretty enjoyable parts, but I think it's just being used to the time period that the show takes place in. I loved the early time period that the first series had, so yeah... this might take a while. I'm sure I'll love it in no time. That and I also need to rewatch this in HD, LOL.

how strong is Korra?

Not her bending but human strength, the hug at the end picked up all 3 kids and the father off the ground... she better learn metal bending soon to get out of cuffs
KuGsj.gif

It is also implied to be spirituality.

Right, but two Firebenders can't give birth to a Water Bender, which is why the nations worked.
You probably have to be spiritual to be able to use the powers you're given, but it's certainly not random.
What your parents are decides what you are.

Forkball

Right, but two Firebenders can't give birth to a Water Bender, which is why the nations worked.
You probably have to be spiritual to be able to use the powers you're given, but it's certainly not random.
What your parents are decides what you are.

If Aang and Katara had a child, how was their child an airbender?

RIDDLE ME THAT

Wiseblade

actually it is genetics. the spiritual side of it is the understanding of the origins, sky bison, the moon spirit, dragons and badger moles. Basically being at one with nature.

I'm pretty sure the producers used the believer Katara vs the skeptical Sokka as examples of how spirituality influences bending ability in a panel once.

2th

Banned
I'm pretty sure the Producers the believer Katara vs the skeptical Sokka as examples of how spirituality influences bending ability.

Spirituality was shown to influence strength of bending for the most part not just the ability to bend (the fire lord and azula were the two aberrations as their bending was fueled by rage and lust for power). Sokka was not a born a bender and even if he believed in stuff he could never become a bender.

Arment

The Force has a spiritual side but it's also genetic. Some people can never be force sensitive and those who are can strengthen their ties to the force with spirituality/emotion. Now that I think about it bending kind of has a lot in common with The Force. Analogies aside...

I think it's definitely possible that bending is both genetic and spiritual. Some have raw talent, like Korra. I imagine her strength as a bender will multiply when she learns to connect spiritually with her bending. Some people theorized in the other OT that maybe she won't be able to access the full Avatar form until she masters her spiritual side. My only problem with that if Aang was able to use that ability in moments of importance then why wouldn't Korra? Aang didn't seem all that spiritual to me, but it's been a while since I've watched Avatar.

Wiseblade

The Force has a spiritual side but it's also genetic. Some people can never be force sensitive and those who are can strengthen their ties to the force with spirituality/emotion. Now that I think about it bending kind of has a lot in common with The Force. Analogies aside...

I think it's definitely possible that bending is both genetic and spiritual. Some have raw talent, like Korra. I imagine her strength as a bender will multiply when she learns to connect spiritually with her bending. Some people theorized in the other OT that maybe she won't be able to access the full Avatar form until she masters her spiritual side. My only problem with that if Aang was able to use that ability in moments of importance then why wouldn't Korra? Aang didn't seem all that spiritual to me, but it's been a while since I've watched Avatar.

Aang was pretty consistently portrayed as being spiritual, or at least not having any trouble in that area. he was shown meditating on multiple occasions and was quick to grasp any spiritual shenanigans going on around him.

shira

The Force has a spiritual side but it's also genetic. Some people can never be force sensitive and those who are can strengthen their ties to the force with spirituality/emotion. Now that I think about it bending kind of has a lot in common with The Force.
Please leave Star Wars Prequels out of this force does not equal bending on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom