• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
oIjBa.png

The Skinny​
Republic City is everything that Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko fought for when they ended the Hundred Year War. With balance restored to the four nations, benders and non-benders can live together in peace, in this thriving metropolitan area. But even the steampunk paradise of Republic City has its problems, as the next Avatar discovers. When Avatar Korra arrives in Republic City to master her airbending, she comes face to face with criminal bending gangs as well as members of a vocal anti-bending revolution. Before long, Korra's Avatar skills are put to the test when she encounters a group of Chi-blockers led by the charismatic and mysterious Amon, who threatens the city and all the benders in it. Despite the immense danger, Korra vows to fight the growing anti-bending revolution. But will she be able to stop Amon before he rises to power and makes his vision of a bending-free world a reality?

• Created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko
  • Premieres Saturday, April 14, at 11:00 AM (ET/PT)
  • Book One: Air will consist of 12 episodes
  • Book Two will consist of 14 episodes

The Krew​

AGqZH.png

Tuck

Watching now.

Already in love.

Spoiler:
Holy shit at the Zuko's mom tease. =D Ice cold.

Hate that I gotta run out now but I'm loading the vids so I can watch them later.

Hope someone has the foresight to rip the files and save them for when Nickelodeon catches on.

Somebody broke into the NickPress site and released it.

Hardly breaking in.
They basically put up a sign that said "FREE AVATAR EPISODES! GET THEM HOT!"

So yeah, that episode was excellent.
All the nods to the original series were just subtle enough.

CoolS

I really liked that episode, yet somehow I felt something was a bit off in the second part, yet I can't really lay my finger on it. So great to be back in this universe though.

Oh and that tease was really, really bad ^^

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Worst |OT| OP of all time.

Now, specifically because of this thread, I'm gonna avoid whatever "The Legend of Korra" is, even if whatever it is would be right up my alleyway.

apana

Worst |OT| OP of all time.

Now, specifically because of this thread, I'm gonna avoid whatever "The Legend of Korra" is, even if whatever it is would be right up my alleyway.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Please watch show.

Tuck

Haha. Its SO GOOD.

Lynn is such a bitch! "Cut the garbage Tenzin!"

Its also very different. Its so much more... advanced... I was worried about it, but it works.

I get teary eyed every time they show a shot of Aang.

Oh hey its Steven Blum.

Music is godly.

I want more.

survivor

Banned
Hardly breaking in.
They basically put up a sign that said "FREE AVATAR EPISODES! GET THEM HOT!"

So yeah, that episode was excellent.
All the nods to the original series were just subtle enough.

I honestly couldn't believe it. You would think they will be more secure.

apana

I'm not going to ask for a link but I would not complain if someone sent me one.

Are the mods watching?

Snaku

Banned
poor wiseblade :( especially since the OP sucks (so far).

He was sleeping on the job, much how I was when Book 3 came out. I worked on the OP for that for a week. Can't be helped that Nick leaked the first ep this early, and I'll be damned if we were gonna discuss it in some random Korra news thread.

Tuck

How long did it take? Will probably watch it soon so I can keep up with this series.

61 episodes at 22 minutes each.

Don't watch Korra till you have seen the original, I think. there are a lot of nods to the original series in the first episode. I really appreciated those references. The original series was very dear to me.

Don't watch Korra till you have seen the original, I think. there are a lot of nods to the original series in the first episode. I really appreciated those references. The original series was very dear to me.

Agreed.
There's a lot you might miss or not get if you don't watch the first series...
At least three times....

The premiere is next month?! I was prepared to wait until autumn!

Well, now my impatience kicks in....

It's just so exciting that the world of Avatar is back. The original series was a complete joy to watch.

Moaradin

So it's roughly 24 hours of awesome.

Thanks. Will definitely watch them all very soon before starting this. I'm not sure why I never watched it. Seems right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom