• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
just finished part 1... oh my dear god.
pl33D.gif

i have a feeling i will be using this way too much with this series. So good so far. Now on to part 2!

2th

Banned
my god republic city looks so damn good. i cannot wait to see this shit in HD. it will look so amazing.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Really?
The oriental stylings are moving.
And the jazz interpretations just fit so well with the setting.

Really surprised at the new direction, but it feels fresh and I gotta say I love it. 40's steam punk is going to really, really be a great setting they can do so much with.

Speaking of,
those police are absolutely BALLER!!! Not to mention, right off the bat we're poking fun at Zuko's mother non-reveal. It's really great stuff.

It just sucks how I WANT IT ALL RIGHT NOW

Tuck

my god republic city looks so damn good. i cannot wait to see this shit in HD. it will look so amazing.

I was worried. I was so worried about this, but the new setting - more specifically, the 70-year gap, with so many changes in the world - fits so well. I was afraid the bending would be out of place in such a new world, but the combination works.

celebi23

So, I found the direct link to the video files. If you're using some type of video downloading software, you'll probably need the username & password though. Quote to see the links

shira

Really?
The oriental stylings are moving.
And the jazz interpretations just fit so well with the setting.
With the original series you had individual themes for each character that matched very well - maybe these ones grow on you after a couple of episodes.

I heard they had to compose and learn the instruments/music for the original series so perhaps it was a little fresher the first time around.

I am in love again. Korra seems to be a great character.
Overall the animation and detail in both clothing and environments is so much higher, it's lovely. Good to see that the series, while having a much more realistic tone isn't without quirky characters and isn't afraid to still use deformed faces and figures for comic effect.

Is anyone else a bit surprised at Korras Rag? Didn't think she would be equipped with ballistics too.

I also like the idea of a political faction rallying against benders. It's something that wasn't really central to the last series, but since the world evolved and technology allows for a democratization of power, it really seems logical to include this angle as the main antagonistic sides of the conflict.

Also the Zukos Mom Tease was brutal. Absolutely brutal. I'm still smiling.

DominoKid

cool stuff

loved the first series even though i never actually watched it in order from start to finish.
so this should be interesting.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

the little call backs to the first series, the music, the humor and style and more importantly the action and animation. jesus christ

avatar is fucking back. i had a chill down my spine the entire episode

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Downloaded the leak but I'm not sure if I'll watch it, video quality is too low for me to ruin the experience after waiting all this time. A friend is coming over today and I'll let her decide, lol.

korra is great, tenzin and his kids are awesome too

- zuko's mom tease was brutal. those bastards! lol
- loved seeing katara there. it must be lonely for her as the rest of the gaang are dead now
- so that means her other 2 kids became waterbenders? i hope we see them
- sweet statue of toph outside the police building
- korra is such a badass when she took on those triad guys, haha

PK Gaming

The first episode was really good... honestly what did you guys expect >_>
Korra is a pretty good character, I was afraid she'd be an arrogant shit-head, but she really needs some good partners like Aang had; thats where the original show truly shined.

My only fear is that they'll stay in the city for the majority of the series, I love adventures and Avatar was pretty damn good at conveying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom