• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

SykoTech

(Minor Spoilers)

"I am the AVATAR! You have to DEAL WITH IT!" Also, earth and firebending at such a young age?

Korra already better than Aang confirmed.

And....what a tease.

Whatever happened to Zuko's mom? Lolololol.

That was incredible. I am completely serious when I say that episode one of Korra is just as good as the absolute best episodes the original series offered. The music is inspired. The art and animation is beautiful. The humor and charm is back in full force. The world feels alive and engaging, particularly because of how they handled all of the references. And all of the new characters are wonderful!

Korra herself seems way more badass than Aang was, and some of the bending stuff she does in the first episode is just brutally awesome

I am in utter disbelief at how good that pilot was. TLoK already has a ton of potential to be way better than the original.

(Minor Spoilers)

"I am the AVATAR! You have to DEAL WITH IT!" Also, earth and firebending at such a young age?

Korra already better than Aang confirmed.

And....what a tease.

Whatever happened to Zuko's mom? Lolololol.

She also grew up in a world that wasn't torn by war and didn't have to hide who she was, so she was likely encouraged by her parents to learn the basics. And yes, in terms of power, she far surpasses Aang.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well shit. Hopefully the facebook page will get to 100,000 likes soon. But if episode 2 isn't released until April 21, then I'll just have to wait for the 14th to watch episode 1. :/ I hate waiting 2+ week in between episodes.

Jackson50

This is reminiscent of Book Three when all of the episodes leaked or aired early in Canada. I couldn't wait then, and I can't wait now!

Feep

Banned
I give someone permission to, I don't know, send me a PM for some reason.

Any reason, really. You can just say hi!

Or something.

Arment

I give someone permission to, I don't know, send me a PM for some reason.

Any reason, really. You can just say hi!

Or something.

It's on post #51

How can so many people miss the countless posts directing people to post #51

smh lol

She also grew up in a world that wasn't torn by war and didn't have to hide who she was, so she was likely encouraged by her parents to learn the basics. And yes, in terms of power, she far surpasses Aang.

What if she's strong enough to completely master the Avatar State :O

shira

That was incredible. I am completely serious when I say that episode one of Korra is just as good as the absolute best episodes the original series offered. The music is inspired. The art and animation is beautiful. The humor and charm is back in full force. The world feels alive and engaging, particularly because of how they handled all of the references. And all of the new characters are wonderful!

Korra herself seems way more badass than Aang was, and some of the bending stuff she does in the first episode is just brutally awesome

I am in utter disbelief at how good that pilot was. TLoK already has a ton of potential to be way better than the original.
Huh? It's just her talking to grown-ups.

The whole cache was being a kid and how fun stuff was in the original, superb group dynamics, a good villain.
Season 2 dialogue and Season 3 animation quality are going to be pretty tough to beat.

The anti-group x really doesn't work well in cartoons unless they really script it well.

Arment

I'm pretty sure it isn't Aang, sine that airbender seems to have a beard.

It follows the pattern. It wouldn't make sense to just insert a random airbender there.

All we've seen is statue Aang, which appears to be him at around 18~. It's possible he grew a beard later in life.

2th

Banned
I'm pretty sure it isn't Aang, since that airbender seems to have a beard.

good catch and i just checked that out myself. Im still saying that is Aang, just older than the statue version. I mean it would not make any sense for that opening for it NOT to be Aang. I mean the only other possibility is that it is a young Tenzin.

CoolS

It follows the pattern. It wouldn't make sense to just insert a random airbender there.

All we've seen is statue Aang, which appears to be him at around 18~. It's possible he grew a beard later in life.

I suppose your right, it just looked really strange to me, can't imagine our Aang with a beard.

Achtius

I suppose your right, it just looked really strange to me, can't imagine our Aang with a beard.

i still can't imagine
aang had babies with katara
. :O

Isn't he some monk or something?
I guess they have to re-popoulate the air nomads some how

apana

It was good, but so much happened so quickly. I only watched it once, was kind of afraid Nickelodeon would catch me lol. Though I'm not sure how they could complain if they are the ones who let their password leak.

CoolS

Isn't he some monk or something?
I guess they have to re-popoulate the air nomads some how

That's something I never understood anyway. Aang was born as an air nomad but he has no parents sine he lived with the monks. Or were only some air nomads monks?

2th

Banned
That's something I never understood anyway. Aang was born as an air nomad but he has no parents sine he lived with the monks. Or were only some air nomads monks?

The Western Air Temple was supposedly populated by female air nomad monks. SO yes Aaang did have parents. we just never saw anything.

Arment

Aang's parents were air benders and they gave him to the temple. We don't know anything else besides that.

Arment

vmLoW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom