• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Dimensions |OT| Not Lost Dimensions

Ponn

Banned
So i somehow managed to lose my batman minifigure (still have the base). What's the best way to replace it?

I have like 10 extra batman figs. If you buy DC Lego sets you get one free in every box!

I played the Ninjago hub world last night. It was ok, the first hub world that didn't have anything surprising or fun for me to find unless i'm missing something. I need to get a chima fig to unlock that world and I think I will have them all then. Was looking at Eris but I think I may go for cragger because i'm running into some water races and could use the skimmer. I think I have to pick up Legolas for the pole ability unfortunately.

I'm imagining the possibility with the the new expanded Disney and Lego figs that maybe they could do something with Dimensions and by extension maybe even involve Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts in Dimensions..emmmmmm

JoeM86

The latest patch seems to have killed the TARDIS in Scooby Doo land. Whenever I enter it, I end up floating and die continually

Fredescu

Are you meant to be able to swap freely between vehicle upgrade levels? It seems if I upgrade a vehicle and hold circle, I can swap to the previous level, but then I can't go back up again. If I hold circle again, it shows a lock icon over the picture of the upgraded form. The upgrade window shows that I have the upgrade, but writing to the toy tag against doesn't fix it, nor does restarting the game.

Snagged the Starter Pack for $55 a couple days ago thanks to the 35%-off Target Cartwheel thing, plus an additional 10% off coupon. TRU still has the BOGO 40% off sale going, gonna grab something there (not sure what) and then finish it off by using my $40 in VIP points at the Lego Store to grab a level pack.

NOT BAD NOT BAD

JonnyKong

Damn it, there was a Lego Dimensions lightening deal on Amazon earlier for all four level packs. I don't know how much for though, I was too late.

Craft

Damn it, there was a Lego Dimensions lightening deal on Amazon earlier for all four level packs. I don't know how much for though, I was too late.

It was £90 and it sold out pretty quickly.
Still about the same price to just buy them all off of Amazon France....

Is there any major differences between versions?

Debating Wii U or X1 version

The Wii U/PS3/360 versions have fewer enemies and NPCs on-screen at once and some side-quests are stripped down a little bit (ie: on xbone/ps4 there is a quest to rescue 9 cats, on wii u/ps3/360 it is to rescue 5). But other than that they're identical.

Fredescu

Are you meant to be able to swap freely between vehicle upgrade levels? It seems if I upgrade a vehicle and hold circle, I can swap to the previous level, but then I can't go back up again. If I hold circle again, it shows a lock icon over the picture of the upgraded form. The upgrade window shows that I have the upgrade, but writing to the toy tag against doesn't fix it, nor does restarting the game.

I think I fixed my problem. I selected the middle upgrade level and chose triangle rather than square, which I think is create toy tag rather than save upgrades to toy tag. I can't switch between all the versions directly, but I can go 1-2-3-1 by using circle button.

The reason for needing this is, with the Portal turret for example, the second level can destroy gold but not silver, while the third level can destroy silver but not gold, and can also fly. So to fly around the Lego Movie map and destroy the gold statues, I fly with 3, switch to 1, then switch to 2, destroy the statue, then switch to 3 to fly to the next one. It's a little tedious but at least it works.

Fredescu

That ^ seems completely mind boggling to read, but I'm sure will make sense when I eventually come to play the game.

To clarify, each vehicle has three different forms which you spend studs and gold bricks to upgrade to. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Lego games generally, but there are always things that require a particular characters ability to unlock. Vehicles have these abilities too, but sometimes in upgrading to the third form, you lose an ability you had in the second form. There is a hotkey that seems to allow you to switch between these forms, but it is... inconsistent.

Nitemare1

So I'm playing on PS4 and my game is constantly freezing.
I cant get past the second stage of the first level.
dark forest in oz right after the first save block.
is there a known issue with freezing or anything.
im probably going to try starting from the beginning since im not that far in.

fhqwhgads

Finally took the plunge and got to getting the game. Decided to get all of the level pack stuff and the Scooby team pack so I should be fine for unlocking a bunch of stuff for now, considering it seems like the vehicles have some of the abilities that I don't have characters for yet.

Wii U version was my choice and it's obviously the inferior version though. Graphically it can look pretty choppy from time to time but it's not terrible by any means. Framerate has notable dips especially during some of the cutscenes, but it hasn't been a demerit to the gameplay so far so it's not that bad really.

My poor wallet though, took a real beating.

Craft

How long does it normally take for something to get over here in the UK when ordered from Amazon Fr?

All of my Lego dimensions sets were received the next day as they were dispatched from a UK warehouse. Some games and other bits took about 3-4 working days when they were delivered from France.

The Entire set of Lego dimensions is going to be a lightening deal at 6:30pm currently listed at £446.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0187LZ6PW/

Nitemare1

So I'm playing on PS4 and my game is constantly freezing.
I cant get past the second stage of the first level.
dark forest in oz right after the first save block.
is there a known issue with freezing or anything.
im probably going to try starting from the beginning since im not that far in.

So if anyone else sees the issue. It seems to have stopped.
The only thing I can tell I did differently after two nights of lock ups is that the nights it was locking up I was chatting in a party with friends while trying to play.
No party last night and everything ran fine. Played for a couple of hours without issue.
So just a heads up for anyone who sees something similar.

JonnyKong

There's some lightning deals coming up on the fun packs on Amazon UK in about 20 minutes for anyone interested.

I might try get a Simpsons one so I can access the Simpsons hub world. (I think there's a Simpsons hub world?)

Edit: Simpsons isn't part of the deal, ignore me!

Picked up this up with best buy and GCU. After playing with the lady for an hour, I couldn't help but grab the Simpsons and jurassic world packs. This game is awesome.

I actually really liked the Simpsons level. Loved the episode we got to play. The lady did too. It was so fun to get to have two vehicles and just fuck shit up. Laughed a bunch of times.

Definitely happy with the purchase and can't wait to get more time with it.

fhqwhgads

Managed to get the current level packs done. The BTTF one was the only one I didn't feel satisfied with, but at the least the Delorean was fun to build and looks like it'll be useful once upgraded.

In order I'd say it's Doctor Who >>> Portal > Simpsons > Back to the Future in terms of level pack quality. The Doctor Who content is just leaps and bounds better than the others, plus K-9 and the TARDIS are extremely useful.

DagsJT

Just ordered the base pack from Amazon.fr and expected to get here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I don't get a lot of gaming time and I'm really playing Fallout 4 with games like Tomb Raider on the back burner for now. But getting LD for around £57 delivered seemed like it was worth picking up now in case the price increases to UK level pricing.

Also it means I can ask for level packs etc for Christmas off family as gifts :)

Oh man what a haul, and for what a price!!

Starter Kit for PS4 - $59 (Target)
Scooby-Doo Team Pack - $17 (TRU)
Doctor Who, Portal 2, Back to the Future Level Packs plus Wicked Witch Fun Pack - $37 (Lego Store)

So I got the Starter Pack, three Level Packs, a Team Pack and a Fun Pack for about $120. Coupons and Lego VIP points plus holiday deals made this a steal. Huahahahaha!

Now I just have to wait for my PS4 and I can finally start playing, heh.

fhqwhgads

Not sure what I can do but on the Wii U version the game is constantly crashing on the Ghostbusters level. It's seemingly random, there's no specific area but just at a random point in the level it just crashes, even when I try to complete the level as fast as possible the game crashes at the boss fight. If I can't find a fix for it I think I'll just find a single copy of the game for the PS4 on eBay since I'm getting the console soon, so I can still play the game without needing to get a whole new pad and characters.

Fredescu

On PS4 is took me four attempts to get to the first checkpoint of the DC Comics story level without crashing. It's been pretty stable after that though.

fhqwhgads

On PS4 is took me four attempts to get to the first checkpoint of the DC Comics story level without crashing. It's been pretty stable after that though.
Jeez, it's a PS4 problem too? I thought it would be more a last gen issue and the Wii U port was already looking rushed so I was hoping it would be better on current gen versions, but that is very worrying to hear. I mean it's great the game has decided to start working again but still bad to hear that crashing seems to be a universal issue for all versions almost.

Fredescu

How many patches have there been on the Wii U version? PS4 has had three, and I *think* the stability has improved with the latest one but I'm not 100% sure.

Skele7on

Banned
Is this worth getting? If so what additional packs are a yay/nay

Thanks for the advise looking to gift this at christmas.

I haven't played my copy yet but the general consensus seems to be that if you like Lego games, it's definitely worth getting. It's been getting price drops left and right for the holidays so you probably shouldn't have to pay full price for it if you buy sometime before the end of the year.

As for the expansion packs, it seems that BTTF is fun but way too short, Simpsons is a let down, Portal is great and Doctor Who is amazing.

Stanng243

I enjoyed it. According to Cheap ass gamer, the core game is on sale at best buy next week. Walmart has sales on some of the level and team packs this week. Target has a cartwheel coupon for the Lego dimensions packs this week. They price matched walmart, and then added the redcard so i got doctor who for 20.22 after tax.

Anyone looking for packs should wait until Sunday. Weekly ad at Target shows that all level, team, fun packs will be 25% off. Additional 25% off with cartwheel. They come out to $15, $12.50, and $7.50 before tax.

bumpkin

Anyone looking for packs should wait until Sunday. Weekly ad at Target shows that all level, team, fun packs will be 25% off. Additional 25% off with cartwheel. They come out to $15, $12.50, and $7.50 before tax.
Sweet baby Jesus! I guess I know where I'm going on Sunday morning.

Is there an offer or something in Cartwheel that I have to add to my barcode?

Sweet baby Jesus! I guess I know where I'm going on Sunday morning.

Is there an offer or something in Cartwheel that I have to add to my barcode?

Yup, the 25% off should already be on cartwheel. Works until 12/15. You have three days starting on Sunday to make your purchase.

YMMV, but if you have a 20% off coupon from Black Friday it might stack and make it 70% off.

Oh shit oh shit, thank you for this info. Gonna pick up the rest of the Wave 1 & 2 stuff I want on Sunday! Yessssss.

Great deal just not sure which packs to get..I am going to get the Simpsons level one cause that looks cool but what else, I bought the LEGO DIMENSIONS on Black Friday but havent tried it out yet

Great deal just not sure which packs to get..I am going to get the Simpsons level one cause that looks cool but what else, I bought the LEGO DIMENSIONS on Black Friday but havent tried it out yet

Doctor Who and Portal are must-haves. At that price the BttF set is probably worth it too, if for no other reason than to have a Micro Build of the DeLorean and a special Hoverboard piece. Then the Wicked Witch so you can unlock the Wizard of Oz world. I'd say the Scooby-Doo team pack is a good buy, and apparently right now the raptor from the Jurassic World team pack is the only thing that can break through steel to get special bricks.

Doctor Who and Portal are must-haves. At that price the BttF set is probably worth it too, if for no other reason than to have a Micro Build of the DeLorean and a special Hoverboard piece. Then the Wicked Witch so you can unlock the Wizard of Oz world. I'd say the Scooby-Doo team pack is a good buy, and apparently right now the raptor from the Jurassic World team pack is the only thing that can break through steel to get special bricks.

Doesn't the Wicked Witch break through steel / silver bricks as well?

Top Bottom