• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #5- MIXELS A GO-GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BZZZZZ

It's the Golden Rock Wasp Mixel!

TYNTq8c.jpg

DQNRh7P.jpg

9nrMk4N.jpg

Friends and Pieces:
KQuzfO9.jpg

yukonrye

Did they update the LDD with the new ball joints? Is there a way to force upgrade and check or does it do it automatically on loading?
All the new ball joints are in. The part update went out on May 1st. If you check your LDD version you should see something called "Brick Version". The 5/1 patch updated the brick version to 1392. It should update automatically when you launch.

BZZZZZ

It's the Golden Rock Wasp Mixel!
Awesome!

mrkgoo

All the new ball joints are in. The part update went out on May 1st. If you check your LDD version you should see something called "Brick Version". The 5/1 patch updated the brick version to 1392. It should update automatically when you launch.

Awesome!

Ah I haven't opened since may 1st *runs off*

Say "hello" to Seislo my Mixel MIX...

He has lil scissors for fingers. Ready to cut someone that messes with him.

Great entry. Working on some of my own tonight. I made some the other month, but am not wanting to use something old. But not liking my new stuff as much. But I will have something posted soon.

ghostmind

He has lil scissors for fingers. Ready to cut someone that messes with him.

Great entry. Working on some of my own tonight. I made some the other month, but am not wanting to use something old. But not liking my new stuff as much. But I will have something posted soon.

I've decided to rename him to reflect that, as the previous name was just a combination of the two sets that he was made of.

Looking forward to seeing your entry. It's going to be hard to judge this contest after so many great creations here.

Yeah, no building was done tonight. The curse of being engrossed in a good book.

I will be posting something tomorrow though. Hopefully some more people coming in before the deadline.

mrkgoo

I only have the fire mixels, but recently picked up volectro - cool. Might have to get the rest of the electric ones now.

My last second entry. Reusing a build I did last month because I was the most happy with this one. I present: Bob

"'sup?"

Are those really eyes on his cheeks, or fake eyes to fool predators?

Dat ass!

Thank you all for entering. I will probably make a voting thread tomorrow afternoon or Monday afternoon. All the entries were absolutely fantastic. What we lacked in quantity of entries, I think we more than compensated with quality.

yukonrye

^Nice build!

I was looking over the previous contest threads thinking of what set(s) should be nominated for the next contest. I thought maybe you could add a list of sets and let people vote on those along with the Mixel entries.
Before it looks like people would just nominate whatever. Perhaps giving a set list and allowing voters to pick 3 off that list will net a larger entrant pool?

Here are some ideas. Most sets are below $20. Some of the combo ideas could run $30 total.
Creator sets:
31020 Twinblade Adventures
31005 Construction Hauler
31019 Forest Animals
31021 Furry Creatures
31006 Highway Speedster

Creator Combo Option:
Entries can use any 2 of the following
31017 Sunset Speeder
31018 Highway Cruiser
31002 Super Racer
31003 Red Rotors
31004 Fierce Flyer

Creator Voltron Option:
Use the 3 smallest creator sets:
31013 Red Thunder
31014 Power Digger
31015 Emerald Express

Other non-creator ideas:
Use any 2 of the Star Wars Microfighters
Use any 1 SW Microfighter and any 1 $10 Friends set
Use anything you have on a specific theme, Min 200 - Max 400 pieces (Ponn01 mentioned this in the LEGO OT)

Alright, hopefully get a voting thread up in the next day or so. MAJOR computer troubles through Sunday that sapped all of my free time, so hopefully will get a voting thread up in the next day. My apologies for the delay.

mrkgoo

Damn picked up the yellow mixels and were super impressed by them. Well i like them more than I thought I would. But now, the mixels are on clearance at a store here. Feels like I should just buy the 3 rock ones and complete my set.

But if I do that it might be a slippery slope to get ALL from all series....

Damn picked up the yellow mixels and were super impressed by them. Well i like them more than I thought I would. But now, the mixels are on clearance at a store here. Feels like I should just buy the 3 rock ones and complete my set.

But if I do that it might be a slippery slope to get ALL from all series....

Dooo iiiiit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom