• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Announced [PC/PS4/XB1/NS, Nov17, new MP, open world, more]

I love these games, they're a lot of fun to play with my son. But I've found now I just wait for like 4 months and the games end up at like 20 bones. Think I'll be doing that for this one.

Yup. I was pumped for Lego Avengers and it was fucking awful compared to the first Marvel game.

I'm about half way through the first marvel one. We haven't started Lego Avengers. Why was it awful compared to the first game?

Looks like the FOX characters are sitting this one out which is a bummer but a competitive mode sounds super interesting. Hopefully they pull a "Force Unleashed II" and make a Smash Bros. clone that plays with the unique features of each character instead of doing something lazy like races or "who can collect the most studs."

Plus, Switch version. A Switch version is always a winner.

I love these games, they're a lot of fun to play with my son. But I've found now I just wait for like 4 months and the games end up at like 20 bones. Think I'll be doing that for this one.

I'm about half way through the first marvel one. We haven't started Lego Avengers. Why was it awful compared to the first game?
the game as hole was less creative & fun since they had to follow the MCU movie plots.

Edit: But if you & your son just like exploring the open world you should be fine. There are random crimes that happen every once in a while that you can stop, and it's a bit more fun to explore the city.

Actually wondering why WB didn't have a presentation around E3 this year. Think they teased maybe doing one late last year. Mordor, LEGO, Injustice DLC, smaller games and maybe a MK anniversary port would make for a cool presentation.
WB is a powerhouse publisher with a big E3 presence, they're eventually going to have some kind of presentation like all the other companies.

BTHR Zero X

People where upset because it followed the MCU, and there wasn't much freedom with the characters and side missions.

I myself loved it, sure its not as good as the first since the first was original story and had more variation is terms of characters but getting to relive the movies with Lego and getting the play it out myself was awesome for me.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes was a solid 9/10 for me while Avengers was a 7/8 out of 10

opricnik

Banned
Maybe they are pushing Kang so far so he will be in MCU this way? like there maybe contract related thing if some character stays says 10 to 5 year in that comics(in Avengers) it becomes MCU property or something. in this example maybe pushing Kang as avengers villain gives them

Kinsei

Banned
I really like the description of the story. I'm totally down for traveling through history and destroying stuff with Carnage (The best Spidey villain).

Weird that Spider-Man 2099 is front and center on the box art; I assume he has a major role in the story given the time travel premise, but he's not exactly what I'd consider a huge draw for the masses.

Kids will just see Spider-Man no matter what the costume looks like.

How could they not include the X-Men in a Cross-Time Caper? Cable? Bishop? The Days of Future Past? Age of Apocalypse? The All-New X-Men?

Neoxon

How could they not include the X-Men in a Cross-Time Caper? Cable? Bishop? The Days of Future Past? Age of Apocalypse? The All-New X-Men?
How could they not have X-Men in a Marvel vs. Capcom game (at least on Day 1)? I've made peace with the latter since all signs point to Fox DLC for MvCI in 2018, but no Fox characters here would suck given that it's Lego Marvel 2, not Lego Avengers 2.

Drayco21

Miguel front and center sold me immediately. The first one was my favorite Lego game, and I haven't really played one since, so I shouldn't be too burned out for another one of these.

But holy shit, Miguel O'Hara let's fuckin go.

fernoca

Seems no X-Men (at least not even a tease from the PR), but the cover showing Miguel and Gwen gives bonus points. XD

Rolodzeo

I love LEGO games but I really think they should give their superhero titles a rest. I mean, how about a Back to the Future game? Ghostbusters?

oti

Banned
I love LEGO games but I really think they should give their superhero titles a rest. I mean, how about a Back to the Future game? Ghostbusters?

Aren't they also selling the cut scenes of those games as movies? Superheroes being the hottest thing right now it makes sense to make more superhero stuff.

radcliff

Wonder why the switch version delayed.

I wonder if 11/17 is Super Mario Odyssey's release date and WB doesn't want this released on the same day. Its obviously not a timed exclusive for Switch, so it can't come out before that date, so it would have to be sometime after.

Just_one

Wishlist :

- X-men , F4 and the rest of the marvel characters present in Marvel Super Heroes

- No bullshit HUBS like Batman 3

- One (maybe 2?) big open worlds (not new york please)

- Bring back the "crafting" system that appeared on Lego Hobbit(which despise not having the 3rd movie is to me the best LEGO game ever made) , really LOVED looking for stuff so that i could build a new item.

- More diverse powers in characters , in Marvel Super Heroes you almost could play the entire game with iron man as he had almost all powers the others had (minus the invisibility and cosmic powers if i recall correctly) make the player get to know other characters besides the most known ones.

- Make some kind of new collectible (besides Minikits , Red Bricks and Gold Bricks)

that is all ... for now...

LoSnupo

Need this game in 2018.
I buy only one Lego game in a year and i've got Lego City Undercover (Switch) in 2017.

Neoxon

I wonder if 11/17 is Super Mario Odyssey's release date and WB doesn't want this released on the same day. Its obviously not a timed exclusive for Switch, so it can't come out before that date, so it would have to be sometime after.
Perhaps that's the reason, more so if the rumored Pokémon game drops on the same day.

Top Bottom