• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
So what are the guesses on the Dinosaur figs for the Jurassic World sets? Re-use the Dino figs from the Dino sets? New molds? Brick built, yea I know not a chance on that one.

I'm assuming the new supes and Wonder Woman figs are going to be New 52 updates. I'm not against another Flash fig but I hope its slightly different. Oh man I hope that is Supergirl in that, shame no parademons. Invisible Jet is just freaking hilarious, could you imagine a UCS Invisible Jet - MIX THE BAGS!

John Rhys-Davies?

He's got Gimli from LotR, and Gloin (if you allow the Hobbit Gloin minifig to represent the Gloin in Fellowship).

They never made a minfig of his Indiana Jones character, afaik.

Thank you, that's him. I thought he had made an Indiana Jones appearance for some reason.

On a totally unrelated note, the Gorilla Legends Beast is awesome. Everybody needs to get this thing for $10.

AX9L0Yn.jpg

So what are the guesses on the Dinosaur figs for the Jurassic World sets? Re-use the Dino figs from the Dino sets? New molds? Brick built, yea I know not a chance on that one.

I'm assuming the new supes and Wonder Woman figs are going to be New 52 updates. I'm not against another Flash fig but I hope its slightly different. Oh man I hope that is Supergirl in that, shame no parademons. Invisible Jet is just freaking hilarious, could you imagine a UCS Invisible Jet - MIX THE BAGS!

If they still have the moulds from the 2012 Dino wave, they have no reason to make new ones. The T-Rex is just incredible and I'm sure the Triceratops is no different.

For the sets I imagine they'll do a Rex, raptors, they'll probably have to make a new head piece for the Ultra Dino, can't imagine they'd skip that one, and then I hope they remake the Trike and Pteranodon. Since there's an aquatic part of the park now it'd be nice to see a water Dino. But that's getting to 5-6 big dinosaur figures so who knows. But I'd count on a T-Rex, raptors, and the demonosaurwhatever.

wetwired

I keep meaning to do an ikea frame for the justice league, I'm glad I waited as the ranks keep on filling up. What I might do is just do a frame as filled as possible (18 minifigs) and then just fill it up with DC heroes until I can fill it completely with JL characters

Ponn

Banned
If they still have the moulds from the 2012 Dino wave, they have no reason to make new ones. The T-Rex is just incredible and I'm sure the Triceratops is no different.

For the sets I imagine they'll do a Rex, raptors, they'll probably have to make a new head piece for the Ultra Dino, can't imagine they'd skip that one, and then I hope they remake the Trike and Pteranodon. Since there's an aquatic part of the park now it'd be nice to see a water Dino. But that's getting to 5-6 big dinosaur figures so who knows. But I'd count on a T-Rex, raptors, and the demonosaurwhatever.

Oh whoa I didn't know about the aquatic part in JW. I was a big fan of Dinosaurs as a kid reading everything I could and when JP came out it was huge. I was also a big fan of marine life especially sharks so of course i'm fascinated by creatures like Megalodon. That would be so huge for me if they included something like that in the movie and in turn Lego made a set with that.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Actually, the honor for most minifig representations goes to Warwick Davis:

- Filius Flitwick (Harry Potter)
- Griphook the Goblin (Harry Potter)
- Wald (Star Wars)
- Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars)

I wouldn't necessarily count Griphook here. The only named Griphook minifig was included in a set based off the first movie (4714 - Gringotts Bank). In that movie, Griphook was played by Verne Troyer.

Even so, three minifigs ain't so bad. He's right up there with:

Alfred Molina
  • Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2)
  • Satipo (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
  • Sheik Amar (Prince of Persia)
Now if you want someone with four minifigs, you need to go with:

Clancy Brown
  • Lex Luthor (DC Super Heroes)
  • Dogpound (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • Savage Opress (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
  • Mr. Krabs (Spongebob Squarepants)

Edit: Bah! Late on Molina. But I did have the character names.

ghostmind

I don't think that Clancy Brown counts for Lex, as 6862 is not a S:TAS set.

Interesting point on Griphook though - I never knew that Troyer played that role (in one movie at least).

We may still be waiting on an actor with 4 minifigs to their name.

Whimsical Phil

I don't think that Clancy Brown counts for Lex, as 6862 is not a S:TAS set.

Interesting point on Griphook though - I never knew that Troyer played that role (in one movie at least).

We may still be waiting on an actor with 4 minifigs to their name.

Ah, but this Lex Luthor minifig--

4bsxapb.jpg

--is based on Lex's appearance in the LEGO Batman 2 videogame. Where he was voiced by Clancy Brown!

ghostmind

Ah, but this Lex Luthor minifig--

4bsxapb.jpg

--is based on Lex's appearance in the LEGO Batman 2 videogame. Where he was voiced by Clancy Brown!

Nicely done - we have our winner.

With the amount of licensed themes, plus licensed characters being in Ideas sets, I wonder how long it will be until someone hits number 5...

wetwired

I wouldn't count any that are voice only to be honest, doesn't really count unless it's a lego representation of a person's likeness to me.

Whimsical Phil

Ok what on earth is going on with the seemingly random to my brain inclusion of three black 2x2 blocks

In LEGO Batman 2, the gun that the Lex minifig comes with shoots a beam that dismantles black bricks. Lex teams up with Joker to take out the guy they know who has an entire arsenal comprised of black bricks (Batman apparently hadn't moved into using very dark grays at that point).

So the 2x2s are there to put together and blast apart.

CTjgEX9.png

76026 - Gorilla Grodd is a bigfig, Wonder Woman is included with her invisible jet, as are Batman and the Flash.
76027 - Black Manta set has two subs (a Batsub, and a larger one for Black Manta), Batman, Robin and Aquaman.
76028 - Darkseid is a bigfig. Also comes with Superman.
76029 - The Braniac set has the Javelin, Superman (or perhaps Supergirl), Hawkman, Cyborg, Braniac.

(credit to Hulk_Smash on Eurobricks)

I see you added this. Finally! LEGO is starting to deliver on the DC Super Hero front. I'm gonna have to cut back on Star Wars stuff (thank goodness they've released most of the OT stuff I cared about so I'm almost done). Super Hero theme is my top priority.

Question is if Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Superman have new prints. I super hope it's Supergirl and not Superman.

I'm super excited about the new DC minifigs. Hawkman!

Speaking of super heroes, what about super heroines? These are awesome customs. Well, closeup not so great as it's a paint job, but they look amazing from a distance. I'd go broke if LEGO sold super hero mini-dolls and super hero minifigs as CMFs.

The LEGO Super Friends Project Completed by JustJon, on Flickr

Closeups
https://www.flickr.com/photos/justjon/sets/72157645066854357/

wetwired

I see you added this. Finally! LEGO is starting to deliver on the DC Super Hero front. I'm gonna have to cut back on Star Wars stuff (thank goodness they've released most of the OT stuff I cared about so I'm almost done). Super Hero theme is my top priority.

Question is if Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Superman have new prints. I super hope it's Supergirl and not Superman.

I reckon wonder woman will be the variant from the Batman 3 video game with silver instead of gold, kind of lazy though to be honest but I'll probably have to get it anyway. Wouldn't be that fussed with an aquaman variant, it'd have to be pretty different to warrant a purchase from me. I'd have to get 2 supergirls though, one for me and one for my daughter who currently makes her own out of superman pieces and friends hair

I'd like to think that they won't do repeats and that second Superman IS Supergirl. But then I remembered that there will apparently be THREE Batman sets. I try to convince myself that since he has a new sculpt that's the excuse, gotta get those costume variants plus he's goddamn Batman. Gonna be white Space Batman and a normal Batman and then I assume the one in the Black Manta set will be a scuba Batman. But I don't see a reason to do multiple Superman figs. *fingers crossed*

Maybe he is constructing a lead wall so Superman cannot see him with x ray vision?

It was part of the plot of lego batman 2.

In LEGO Batman 2, the gun that the Lex minifig comes with shoots a beam that dismantles black bricks. Lex teams up with Joker to take out the guy they know who has an entire arsenal comprised of black bricks (Batman apparently hadn't moved into using very dark grays at that point).

So the 2x2s are there to put together and blast apart.

Aaaaaaaahhhh I seeeee. Thank you.

Batman will also come in that Movie set.

I'm talking purely DC Heroes sets.

They're gonna be two completely different versions of Batman anyway. DC Heroes will have the new cowl based on the upcoming Batman VS Superman movie, so I don't really count the Lego Movie sets with Lego Movie Batman in them towards his over-all abundance in the DC Heroes theme.

nPntzyR.png
Everything is Batman!
nPntzyR.png

Haha...
---
Everything is Batman
Everything is Bat's when you're part of a team
Everything is Batman when we're in a DC theme

Everything is better with Bats and X together
Side by side, Batman and any minifig is the model forever
It's the same, Bats and X, X and Bats, it's always working in set sales

Everything is Batman

(Wooo)
3, 2, 1. Bats

Have you heard the news, everyone's talking
Life is good 'cause everything's Batman
Lost my job, it's a new Batman minifig
More Batman all over like leaves on a sprig

jpatez34

Neo Member
Haha...
---
Everything is Batman

Everything is better with Bats and X together
Side by side, Batman and any minifig is the model forever
It's the same, Bats and X, X and Bats, it's always working in set sales

Everything is Batman

(Wooo)
3, 2, 1. Bats

Have you heard the news, everyone's talking
Life is good 'cause everything's Batman
Lost my job, it's a new Batman minifig
More Batman all over like leaves on a sprig

Brilliant!

Somehow, "$30 later" is a recurring theme on Bricklink. "I only need these few things for this... oh, he has a couple of those? Wait, I could use that for this... then I could also use these... I wonder if he has any chrome gold stuff..."

Does Walmart have the new mixels? I can't find them on the site and when I called them up some lady with a heavy Hispanic accent didn't know what I was saying and transferred me to the car department.

Rootbeer

Banned
Does Walmart have the new mixels? I can't find them on the site and when I called them up some lady with a heavy Hispanic accent didn't know what I was saying and transferred me to the car department.

Welcome to the world of retail!

Oh, and they have been found at TRU and Target... Walmart is very possible?

Somehow, "$30 later" is a recurring theme on Bricklink. "I only need these few things for this... oh, he has a couple of those? Wait, I could use that for this... then I could also use these... I wonder if he has any chrome gold stuff..."

It only makes sense to buy as much as possible (only if prices are good) from a single seller to save money on shipping. :)

Oh man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who succumbs to this!

wetwired

haha I always go to the chrome colours too :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Unrelated to the latest, but how was the Opera House received? I don't see nearly as much talk on it as I did Tower Bridge and Best Star.

Also, finally finished the new Technical Crane. Took me a while due to dog and family stuff. Build was awesome, finished product is awesome, but I wish it were controlled via remote and not switches and HoG steering.

I think we all know the sting of a sudden Bricklink order going from just a few parts to a few hundred but it makes perfect sense and is nothing to be alarmed about.

I recall the first 3 months out of my dark ages I spent £900 on Bricklink alone..... The only reason I know that figure is from my wife asking me if I knew the total cost (after she had already added it up of course).

*goes over to have a look at my wanted list*

jpatez34

Neo Member
Unrelated to the latest, but how was the Opera House received? I don't see nearly as much talk on it as I did Tower Bridge and Best Star.

Also, finally finished the new Technical Crane. Took me a while due to dog and family stuff. Build was awesome, finished product is awesome, but I wish it were controlled via remote and not switches and HoG steering.

I own the Sydney Opera House and I love it! It's not as grand as Tower Bridge but it make for an excellent display piece.

Top Bottom