• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

LEGO Ideas possible next review results

http://brickset.com/article/12131

LEGO has a stated goal of giving us the results of the previous review around the time that the next one starts. So hopefully we will soon hear the results of the January-May review which includes:

LEGO Bird Project
Modular Apple Store
BTTF - Jules Verne Train
Doctor Who
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who and Companions

Doctor Who better make it!!! Doctor Who is now a very well known international IP.
Bird project would be nice, but nothing amazing. Can't see any of the others getting made.

Ryuuroden

booo, at all of you who have no interest in Doctor Who. You must never have seen any of it ever to be that way >.<

Bird Project would be nice as a technique teaching set really.

Also side-note, 2 of my bricklink orders i placed on Friday evening have already arrived. Time to make some massive progress on Orthanc during the Emmy's tonight.

LEGO Ideas possible next review results

http://brickset.com/article/12131

Doctor Who better make it!!! Doctor Who is now a very well known international IP.
Bird project would be nice, but nothing amazing. Can't see any of the others getting made.

Next group for review has great ideas, but are more unlikely to be made.

Assault on Wayne Manor
Invisible Hand
X-Men: X-Mansion
LEGO Lightsabers: Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker
UCS All Terrain Armoured Transport
WALL•E
Ghostbusters HQ​

WALL•E is the only one that has a chance IMO. Aside from WALL•E and Lightsabers, the other ones have no chance due to size.

booo, at all of you who have no interest in Doctor Who. You must never have seen any of it ever to be that way >.<

Bird Project would be nice as a technique teaching set really.

Also side-note, 2 of my bricklink orders i placed on Friday evening have already arrived. Time to make some massive progress on Orthanc during the Emmy's tonight.

This is one good reason to watch it now. ;)

Jenna Coleman

jennalouisecoleman3.jpg

wetwired

Assault on Wayne Manor
Invisible Hand
WALL•E
Ghostbusters HQ​

WALL•E is the only one that has a chance IMO. Aside from WALL•E and Lightsabers, the other ones have no chance due to size.

My bet is on walle, I'd love the ghost busters hq but I fear its way too big. I remember somewhere they recommend keeping the price bracket under $100

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Finished The Tumbler.

It's a handsome kit when finished and full of great details. I enjoyed the build - as with any vehicle though it can be repetitive when you're doing left and right details.

And I will say... overall I think the 7784 UCS Batmobile makes for a better build, model and visual statement given it's a 'classic' Batman car, and has better features. I've got the pair, and side by side you can see the difference in LEGO eras, but the working engines, wheels, and the steering/Batmask element are just more playable.

I've got a second load of pieces from a 7784 and will try building the Tumbler alternative from the instructions tomorrow (http://lego.brickinstructions.com/07000/7784/113.jpg) There will be no real comparison, but it might make for fun side-by-side pics!

And I realise I now have at least seven LEGO Batmobiles. Might end up being *that* guy and line them all up for some photos.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Doctor Who has a good chance, from what I've heard. I understand that BBC Worldwide staff were very keen to help this along, as with the Character Options licence expiring a fast-tracked LEGO Ideas/Cuusoo set was the only way to get a LEGO Doctor Who out there quickly. That's if LEGO wants it at all - that could be the real stumbling block given how many licensed properties keep getting upvoted.

And I reckon Wall-E has a shot on the next round, yes - the creator of it works at Pixar after all, and LEGO already has a Disney relationship. It's too much good PR in the whole thing.

ghostmind

Assault on Wayne Manor
Invisible Hand
WALL•E
Ghostbusters HQ​

UCS AT-AT or bust!

Well not exactly bust - LEGO Lightsabers would be sweet too, but as much as it is a one-in-a-million chance, I would LOVE to see cavegod's awesome AT-AT get the nod.

Ryuuroden

weeeee, basically going through the entire buttresses build and removing all black that's hidden and replacing it with white bricks and stained white bricks from my childhood. I am recouping a ton of black to use now :D ......and I am laughing my ass off at the Emmy's.

Also fuck yeah, Sherlock won!~ Best Miniseries

EDIT 2: FUCK YEAS, MARTIN FREEMAN WON FOR SHERLOCK TOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT 3: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Benedict Cumberbatch WON, MOOOOO SHERLOCK

Wow I can't believe there are so many doctor who meh'ers in here. I would love, love, love a doctor who set but I'm not a massive fan of the projects that have been voted to 10,000. Hopefully if it becomes reality they are just used as a very loose template. Also I think Wall E would be so cute and I actually think it's got a pretty good chance.

wetwired

Wow I can't believe there are so many doctor who meh'ers in here. I would love, love, love a doctor who set but I'm not a massive fan of the projects that have been voted to 10,000. Hopefully if it becomes reality they are just used as a very loose template. Also I think Wall E would be so cute and I actually think it's got a pretty good chance.

That's the downside of licensed sets, if you have no interest or attachment to the IP then there's no chance of a sale.

Ryuuroden

Grrrrrrr, I won't be able to work on Orthanc tonight and I want to work on it so bad. I have a lot of work I can do on it now that my orders have arrived and so many ideas. I have already recovered a bunch of black from 3 of the walls. Should get even more back from the other 4, plus I am going to replace the inside lower walls that are behind the butttresses with some of the 30 6x1x5 black panels that arrived. I can face them hollow side out and stagger stack at least two panels high and recover a lot of black bricks that I can use in areas where I can't get away with panels. That will basically be everywhere above the dungeon level. I got each of the panels for around 25 cents each which is cheaper than ordering five 1x6 bricks.

Rootbeer

Banned

Assault on Wayne Manor
Invisible Hand
WALL&#8226;E
Ghostbusters HQ​

WALL&#8226;E is the only one that has a chance IMO. Aside from WALL&#8226;E and Lightsabers, the other ones have no chance due to size.

LEGO should simply not accept Ideas as big as the Wayne Manor or X-Mansion if there is no chance they would make it. It's not fair that these mega builds that a lot of fans would LOVE to have are competing against these smaller $20-50 sets that LEGO knows can make a lot more cash and be easier to produce.

Wayne Manor would be neat but I want that damn X-Mansion!

wetwired

LEGO should simply not accept Ideas as big as the Wayne Manor or X-Mansion if there is no chance they would make it. It's not fair that these mega builds that a lot of fans would LOVE to have are competing against these smaller $20-50 sets that LEGO knows can make a lot more cash and be easier to produce.

I'd have to agree with that, it also leads to ultimate disappointment when they don't pass review.

I get the feeling after the Delorean LEGO is making more of an effort to stick closer to the original designs too

Finished The Tumbler.

It's a handsome kit when finished and full of great details. I enjoyed the build - as with any vehicle though it can be repetitive when you're doing left and right details.

And I will say... overall I think the 7784 UCS Batmobile makes for a better build, model and visual statement given it's a 'classic' Batman car, and has better features. I've got the pair, and side by side you can see the difference in LEGO eras, but the working engines, wheels, and the steering/Batmask element are just more playable.

I've got a second load of pieces from a 7784 and will try building the Tumbler alternative from the instructions tomorrow (http://lego.brickinstructions.com/07000/7784/113.jpg) There will be no real comparison, but it might make for fun side-by-side pics!

And I realise I now have at least seven LEGO Batmobiles. Might end up being *that* guy and line them all up for some photos.

I, for one, would love to see pics of all your Batmobiles lined up. That would make for a great pic.

I've never seen that alternative Tumbler build before with the 7784 set. It's so odd looking and those front wheels are quite lacking.

Rootbeer

Banned
Target had the new LEGO Dark Side book on shelves today, and at 20% off. Nice deal, but Amazon is cheaper and shipping soon... So I'll wait it out.

I'd have to agree with that, it also leads to ultimate disappointment when they don't pass review.

I get the feeling after the Delorean LEGO is making more of an effort to stick closer to the original designs too

Agree 100% on why they don't give better guidelines on size or dismiss large projects right away.
There has to be a reason. Market research? Perhaps waiting for a huge exception to downscale the model? Who knows, but it is strange if price is a factor that no guidelines are in place for those that wish to submit ideas.

Zulithe, forget mansion, Danger Room!

When is the release date for Series 12 of CMFs?

Usually they are on 4 month release cycles if there are 3 series in a year so that would mean Sept? Also, I noticed after the initial demand for Simpsons CMFs the LEGO store has no issue keeping them in stock now and the after-market prices aren't too high. I'm hoping to see some good clearances on them to pick up more; otherwise, I have plenty. $4 a pop is too much to get lots of multiples.

s12.jpg

EDIT: On side note, Mixels have been on 3 month release cycle. I hope they continue with Mixels, but reduce it to 6 month or yearly cycle as interest wanes in them.

I want that video gamer minifig what set is that?

Ponn

Banned

I'm starting to hate this as an excuse (from them, not you). As fast as these sets sell out and the already limited quantity production run I feel they could sell a single run of a $200 Wayne Manor or X-mansion no problem. Add in some much needed expanded figs that they feel may not sell other sets and BAM done and done.

Zerojul

I'm starting to hate this as an excuse (from them, not you). As fast as these sets sell out and the already limited quantity production run I feel they could sell a single run of a $200 Wayne Manor or X-mansion no problem. Add in some much needed expanded figs that they feel may not sell other sets and BAM done and done.
100% agreed.

Went to LEGO store on lunch break. I walk in and they are just pulling series 3 Mixels out of the back to stock. The manager jokingly asked if I could smell that they were there.

So yay! Series 3 Mixels get!

OK, so here we go again:

exosuit_mtron01.jpg

exosuit_mtron02.jpg

exosuit_mtron03.jpg

A few more changes on this one, including a rack to connect the good old M-Tron magnet boxes. I had a new solution to the arm problem on this one. The only thing missing is a better front insignia (the first one I got was all chewed up) and new black robot arms so the Blacktron suit can get those back.

It struck me when I had all the pieces in a tray: M-Tron has an awesome colour scheme. The neon green really catches the light in a cool way. Blacktron II also has it, but the black and white of that is a little boring. Of course, Ice Planet also has the almost glowing neon orange... I'd like to see an Exo Suit with that look, but I'm not doing it myself.

OK, so here we go again:

exosuit_mtron01.jpg

exosuit_mtron02.jpg

exosuit_mtron03.jpg

A few more changes on this one, including a rack to connect the good old M-Tron magnet boxes. I had a new solution to the arm problem on this one. The only thing missing is a better front insignia (the first one I got was all chewed up) and new black robot arms so the Blacktron suit can get those back.

It struck me when I had all the pieces in a tray: M-Tron has an awesome colour scheme. The neon green really catches the light in a cool way. Blacktron II also has it, but the black and white of that is a little boring. Of course, Ice Planet also has the almost glowing neon orange... I'd like to see an Exo Suit with that look, but I'm not doing it myself.
Ice cream fingers!

Love it. And yes, M Tron had a fantastic color scheme.

The Megatron one looks really good and I must agree it had a great color scheme. It's amazing how much they hit it out of the park with the color scheme of those old space themes.

does anyone have a large or decent resolution image of the Wolfpack logo/emblem?

I'm starting to design some shirts of redone logos in the style I use (check em here http://wolfofvictoria.spreadshirt.com/ )

I want to do it similar to how I did this Gedo High School emblem from Rival Schools / Project Justice:

I'm basically designing stuff that I would want to wear myself.

LEGO Pirates 2015
Shipwreck Defense
Soldiers' Outpost
Treasure Island
Soldiers' Fort
The Brick Bounty

Looks like the Soldiers vs Pirates stuff is coming back, which has me stoked to be honest.

Top Bottom