• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

North American version of the Captain America - Civil War sets:

3nQnqBM.jpg

I've heard that there will be a 4th set in the summer wave.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just a heads up, both Tower Bridge and Sydney Opera House are on Amazon Warehouse right now for significantly below MSRP!
I don't have any interest in either of them, but I'm still slightly tempted to grab them. Haha

I'm trying to organize my minifigs. Good lord. I have way more than I ever thought I did.

It's a rather time consuming and difficult task. It's going to take a very long time to get these in order.

My end goal is to organize my super hero/villain teams, batman/iron man suits, and get working on some scenes for my display cabinets.

Gonna be hard to top a brick built Giant Man.

Brick built Galactus!

Mr. Freeze from the Classic TV Batcave - cannot wait to see the rest of them!

68BOxi3.jpg

Sweet! I will protest if they don't have Batgirl and Catwoman!
I hope we get the bubble head piece like they use with Sally from SpongeBob. NVM, he had something that looked more like a space helmet.

I'm trying to organize my minifigs. Good lord. I have way more than I ever thought I did.

It's a rather time consuming and difficult task. It's going to take a very long time to get these in order.

My end goal is to organize my super hero/villain teams, batman/iron man suits, and get working on some scenes for my display cabinets.

Good luck. If you have OCD, it's even worse. My OCD was overwhelmed by the sheer number of minifigs I have plus my laziness. OCD + laziness makes for an eternal internal conflict.

Ponn

Banned
Mr. Freeze from the Classic TV Batcave - cannot wait to see the rest of them!

68BOxi3.jpg

Holy Bushy Brows Batman! This set is going to be everything I hope it is, I just know it.

I'm popping some pills and turning in early. Been working on my Winter Village scene all day trying to get my lights working and rebuilding the Santa Sleigh and reindeers. I think i'm happy with it but i'm paying for all the work I put in it. My nephews should be coming over tomorrow to look at it and I got some goodie bags with Lego stuff in it to send them home with for Christmas. I will take pics tomorrow for the new thread to start it off right.

Ponn

Banned
Groove Bricks is reporting its NOT a Death Star, but a UCS Starkiller Base.

Ahem, well, that puts fence sitting on the current Death Star back on. Maybe, I think its still a pass for me. I can't see spending $400 on something i'm not very fond of.

TheFuzz

I'd be surprised if Starkiller WASNT a playset-style set.... But with Brick Bank, Batcave, and other sets only my radar, it's not even tempting for me. I'm lucky, id rather have $400 worth of other Star Wars sets before it, but it may just be me.

ghostmind

Groove Bricks is reporting its NOT a Death Star, but a UCS Starkiller Base.

They are saying it is a "slim chance" that Starkiller Base and the listed UCS Death Star could be one in the same.

For now, I'm sticking with 75159 being a Death Star, but we'll see...

Toxi

Banned
Hopefully this Spider Droid can reliably stand up on its own without modification, unlike the 2013 version. The switch to the black Technic pins makes it likely.
Jang modded the 2013 version with black pins and it stood up fine.
Who keeps buying all those spider droids? It seems to me that there's one in every season of SW stuff, and I can't remember ever seeing them in any media? For that matter, who keeps buying all those crappy little unpainted battle droids?
I guess the kids really like them because they're relatively cheap and giant spider robots always are fun.

Maengun1

I still haven't seen a single 2016 set I'm interested in yet.......which is fine because I'm 3 modulars behind, still need the Ferris Wheel, Wall-E, and have developed a delayed interest in some of the Force Awakens stuff.

Still......holding out hope for a bigass Simpsons 2016 set announcement. I'm pretty sure if they were gonna follow the same timeline as the past 2 years it would have been announced already :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I was able to find a good deal on the 2014 Star Wars Advent Calendar. Caught up on the month for the 2015 calendar.

I've complained about the minifigs in this years set, but I do have to say, in comparison to last year, the vehicles have been much better this year.

ghostmind

So I was able to find a good deal on the 2014 Star Wars Advent Calendar. Caught up on the month for the 2015 calendar.

I've complained about the minifigs in this years set, but I do have to say, in comparison to last year, the vehicles have been much better this year.

I am really impressed by the improvement in this year's calendar, and I'm thinking that it may be my favorite so far. That it's all OT content doesn't hurt.

And I'm wondering if next year's calendar will be all TFA-related.

Alrighty, OT 5 is all set to go. Even if I only did tweaks to this one, that was still several hours worth of work just to update sets and links in it. Phew.

Let's burn this mutha down!

And if we don't have this thread killed before I go to work, I will have OT5 posted when I get home from work at about 5pm EST.

Still sticking with DARKNESS! NO MONEY! unless something strikes me. I know some think the LEGO Movie stuff is played out, but since I am recycling all the headers from OT4 it will still work.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am really impressed by the improvement in this year's calendar, and I'm thinking that it may be my favorite so far. That it's all OT content doesn't hurt.

And I'm wondering if next year's calendar will be all TFA-related.

I still think the Minifigs are lacking this year, though it might just be because you really can't top Santa Vader and the Christmas Tree R2-D2.

As for next year, If we get a Christmas Kylo Ren...

Still sticking with DARKNESS! NO MONEY! unless something strikes me. I know some think the LEGO Movie stuff is played out, but since I am recycling all the headers from OT4 it will still work.

|OT5| Mix The Bags

So after seeing Star Wars I kinda want a lego set from the movie. Looking at the Rey's Speeder cause its pretty cheap, looks cool, and I like the character or is there any other sets that would be a better value in the 20-30 dollar range.

Markus

I was at my local Canadian Tire (Halifax) earlier tonight and they had ALL their LEGO on clearance for 30% off. Mostly City, some Super Heroes and a few Star Wars (but they had Rey's Speeder).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm holding off on TFA sets. After seeing the film, I think I can guess what a few might be next year. Particularly some (hopefully) small sets.

Fowler

So after seeing Star Wars I kinda want a lego set from the movie. Looking at the Rey's Speeder cause its pretty cheap, looks cool, and I like the character or is there any other sets that would be a better value in the 20-30 dollar range.

Just built this. Nice little set, and it comes with one of the film's leads (and she has a cool unique head wrapping thing in this set).

Rootbeer

Banned

Only The Force Awakens? Here is a list with prices and pics:

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-The-Force-Awakens

There are not a lot of bargain sets in this subtheme right now. You'll have to pay well over $40 to get the sets with some of the more desirable minifigures.

Rey's Speeder was a great value, fun little build as well. The other TFA sets didn't hook me but we'll see if that holds up when I watch the movie tomorrow!

Or rather today I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom