• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a ton of 2016 sets today at target. Including some Nexo Knights. No Star Wars though.

Grabbed BvS Batmobile and the Thanos Bigfig set

I'd love to see a more closeup pic of Thanos (if you can manage) at some point, it's kinda hard to tell for me from the box what he actually looks like as far as bigfigs are concerned...

Still disappointed they didn't include the Infinity Gauntlet on his hands (even printed on would have been fine) but i guess that would have been too much detail there...

I'd love to see a more closeup pic of Thanos (if you can manage) at some point, it's kinda hard to tell for me from the box what he actually looks like as far as bigfigs are concerned...

Still disappointed they didn't include the Infinity Gauntlet on his hands (even printed on would have been fine) but i guess that would have been too much detail there...

I just think they'll do an Infinity Gauntlet version later

Looking at the Batman vs Superman sets they have a Lex with hair in the action shot and Lex without hair in the minifig section. Confirmation that Lex's hair is a wig in the movie I guess.

I thought this was Darth Maul at first

JbXWuH1.png

Wanderer5

I want to check out the first order TIE fighter sooner or later, but till then I have these. Was given the micro AT-AT heh, while I thought the shadow troopers was a nice small set.

I love the Shadow Troopers, Shadow Guard through not as much but them lightsaber pikes.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have made a terrible mistake...

I just realized that one of the unopened LEGO boxes I spotted that they were unpacking to stock at target was mixels series 7... but I left the area before they opened that one.

I thought this was Darth Maul at first

JbXWuH1.png

Well one thing is for certain.

It's an excellent base to start from if you want to make (spoilers: Clone Wars tv show)
robo-spider Darth Maul

the nexo knights $10 figure sets are so cool.

I was always interested in most of the Nexo minifigs. The price on those sets kinda put me off a bit. Nothing that a good sale or double VIP points won't fix though.

P.S. We're running out of space! Phonciplebone! Phonciplebone! Phonciplebone!

I was always interested in most of the Nexo minifigs. The price on those sets kinda put me off a bit. Nothing that a good sale or double VIP points won't fix though.

P.S. We're running out of space! Phonciplebone! Phonciplebone! Phonciplebone!

Same, will wait on a sale to pick up some of these. I like them but I don't love them that much to buy them full price.

I expect to see an increase in Doom and Evil Dead MOCs with the Chaos Chariot spheres and the Book of Monsters. Hope they are both printed.

h3D7UGf.jpg

Tomorrow afternoon. Sorry, retail at Christmas is hell. Had to be at work at 5am today so dragging ass.

Tomorrow. I promise.

No worries, if things are a bit rough take it easy It's not the end of the world if can't post for a few days. Maybe that time off will cure me of my addiction to high quality moulded ABS plastic.

No worries, if things are a bit rough take it easy It's not the end of the world if can't post for a few days. Maybe that time off will cure me of my addiction to high quality moulded ABS plastic.

Nah. I am off tomorrow, so plan on finishing it in the morning.

Or right now. My wife is wanting to watch the finale to Haven, so I am not in front of the TV right now. But I am a bit brain dead and having a beer. Just wondering how I managed to get the single busiest day of the year off at work. Just dumb luck.

On a side note, I didn't confirm it, but it seems we may get Nexo Knights in, which means discount!

I wouldn't wish working retail during the holidays on my worst enemy, let alone a fellow AFOL. Keep sane out there!

Honestly, the early mornings have been keeping me sane. Several hours to get stuff done without interruption? SCORE! And not having to stay late to clean up the mess? Double score!

But I do love interacting with most people at this time and being evil and tempting them to buy stuff.

Oh, the sheer volume of R2-D2 measuring cups and lightsaber popsicle molds I have sold through sheer enthusiasm.

And of course talking people into buying the Sphero BB8s just so it isn't in the store at the end of my shift, so I can't spend money to buy it for myself.

ghostmind

Honestly, the early mornings have been keeping me sane. Several hours to get stuff done without interruption? SCORE! And not having to stay late to clean up the mess? Double score!

But I do love interacting with most people at this time and being evil and tempting them to buy stuff.

Oh, the sheer volume of R2-D2 measuring cups and lightsaber popsicle molds I have sold through sheer enthusiasm.

And of course talking people into buying the Sphero BB8s just so it isn't in the store at the end of my shift, so I can't spend money to buy it for myself.

I've had Sphero BB8 since force Friday in September, and frankly I would have been better putting the money towards another expensive LEGO set. It's really cool for a bit, but it gets boring soon enough.

I've had Sphero BB8 since force Friday in September, and frankly I would have been better putting the money towards another expensive LEGO set. It's really cool for a bit, but it gets boring soon enough.

That is what has been holding me back. I know I would play with it for a few hours, torture the cats, and then never touch it again.

The discount at work is great, and was even better last week when we got the first batch in since the initial September launch. I could have gotten it for about $95 with tax the other week. This week is $111 or so.

But, I successfully did not give into the Dark Side today. Well, maybe I did by convincing a coworker to buy it instead.

And I know the money I would put towards BB8 would be better suited to Ghostbusters and Brick Bank in a couple of weeks.

Anion

I have a pretty big Lego collection, with space shuttles (actually that's the mega block one), submarines, aircraft carriers, and a whole lot of other sets. But here is my Star Wars Legos. Yes, I am getting a curio/case thing eventually. I figured someone here might enjoy it too lol. Most people who come over to my place joke about my affinity for legos.
And yeah, thats a destroyer behind the 3 Star Wars ships, if you were wondering.

Someone needs to make a program with pictures all of the modulars ever produced and the user can check what they own and arrange them in different ways.

Yes, I am moving and trying out new modular street layouts. How did you guess?!?

ghostmind

Wait, so the Snowspeeder will be UCS or not what with that non 10xxx number?

10xxx numbering for UCS ended when the Sandcrawler came out. Except for Creator Expert, the sets retain their series' numbering.

And yes, all signs point to UCS Snowspeeder, to go along with Assault on Hoth, and the new UCS Death Star for 2016.

ghostmind

So the final armored Batman from 76044 Clash of Heroes is a much darker color than the earlier image (which must have been a prelim):

tRDC8Fj.jpg

For $14.99, I think this set is a must-get.

6ucgJxj.jpg

Two more 1H sets that we previously did not have images for:

mdVdVm8.jpg

3HT7CT8.jpg

Who keeps buying all those spider droids? It seems to me that there's one in every season of SW stuff, and I can't remember ever seeing them in any media? For that matter, who keeps buying all those crappy little unpainted battle droids?

That Ninjago ship though, holy smoke! It's as if Metalbeard transformed into a jet. So many cool unexpected parts like the rifles used as hinges. I thought shoving a bar into a Technic pin was an illegal technique though (sides of the front).

ghostmind

Hopefully this Spider Droid can reliably stand up on its own without modification, unlike the 2013 version. The switch to the black Technic pins makes it likely.

10xxx numbering for UCS ended when the Sandcrawler came out. Except for Creator Expert, the sets retain their series' numbering.

And yes, all signs point to UCS Snowspeeder, to go along with Assault on Hoth, and the new UCS Death Star for 2016.

Death Star is 2016? Phew. Was thinking it would be brutal to get three UCS sets in one single year.

And now just need to do the recommended sets part of the new OT. Using the best of lists and whatnot that people posted to get ideas for it. Should have things ready for when this thread gets locked down.

EDIT: And we are now on the final page. Now I feel the need to rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom