• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain America: Civil War sets:

JllPEMH.jpg
New Quinjet AND brick built Giant Man?!?!

Set of the year potential right there!

A second look at that new Quinjet shows that it's not a button on top. It looks more like a crank. There are no turbofans visible to turn, so I assume it simply raises and lowers the rope?

wetwired

A second look at that new Quinjet shows that it's not a button on top. It looks more like a crank. There are no turbofans visible to turn, so I assume it simply raises and lowers the rope?

I wonder if it's another Bessa design, dude must be getting sick of making the same thing over and over

A thief stole 2 packages from my porch today. Our family Christmas cards and my shop at home order with darkseid invasion. Our neighbor's kids saw it.

Called shop at home and they're rushing a replacement.

Amazing customer service.

Ryuuroden

A thief stole 2 packages from my porch today. Our family Christmas cards and my shop at home order with darkseid invasion. Our neighbor's kids saw it.

Called shop at home and they're rushing a replacement.

Amazing customer service.

I never get anything delivered to my home anymore because of this bullshit. people suck, glad Lego doesn't :)

Oh man! Brick built Giant Man is awesome!

Isn't giant Ant-Man a bit of a spoiler? Don't answer if it's part of Ant-Man movie. I still have to watch it.

A giant brick built Galactus and chrome Silver Surfer now please!

Isn't giant Ant-Man a bit of a spoiler? Don't answer if it's part of Ant-Man movie. I still have to watch it.
I haven't seen Ant-Man yet either and don't read the comics, but I knew he could do that. Considering how limited my Marvel knowledge is, it's probably pretty common knowledge.

Are we gonna get a new thread for XMas? We've all been good and bought lots of LEGO this year!

Or will the new thread start with the new year? :)

iosefe

that reminds me

today i spearheaded a $1300 ish sale at our store

10 Mystery Machines, 5 mystery Mansions, 4 Pirate Chess Sets, 4 Crafting Boxes, and 2 Architecutre Studios

Sadly, i couldn't convince them to also get a Temple of Airjutsu

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Shoot, if I had just waited a little longer I could have saved $25 or so on these Scooby sets.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Collection-5004810

Oh wow! That's actually a pretty great deal... After being super excited for the Scooby sets before they were released and planning on buying all of them, I - for some unknown reason - felt totally lukewarm about them after they were released and didn't end up buying any of them.
I'm pretty tempted to grab this.

Hopefully Phon is almost done with the topic since there's less than 200 posts left to go.
I am not. Need to update the MOC stuff and recommended sets. Much of the OT will be recycled like the headers. Just been a busy ass week at work, but will have time tomorrow afternoon to finish it.

And I was busy with Star Wars tonight.

ghostmind

I am not. Need to update the MOC stuff and recommended sets. Much of the OT will be recycled like the headers. Just been a busy ass week at work, but will have time tomorrow afternoon to finish it.

And I was busy with Star Wars tonight.

I'll try to be gentle with this thread until then.

OHOi6oU.gif

Mystery Machine is so worth the buy. Have heard good things about the Mansion which I need to build.
I'm in the middle of the Mansion and am enjoying it, so much so that I'm tempted to grab that 3 pack even though I have all those sets already. The mansion has a lot of windows, which i will need for my MOC in progress.

The only reason I'm still in the middle of building the Mansion is because Poe's X-Wing arrived via warehouse in a previously open box so I have to build it now to make sure everything is there.

Is this Scooby deal just for today?

teeny

Watched Star Wars VII.

Want all of the Lego.

(NO SPOILERS)

Man, it's nice to like Star Wars again. I've always been kind of down on the prequel era Lego sets because I have never liked those films. I hope we get a tweaked version of Kylo Ren's command shuttle to make it more movie accurate in the future. I also hope we get some more "out there" ship designs in the next few films and in the spin offs, too.

teeny

Seriously. All of the sets I said "meh" to before, now I'm like "oh man, I really want that one..."

Exactly. I thought that this might be the case after seeing the film.

I'm looking forward to reinventions of certain sets from the Anthology films, too. A new Death Star to coincide with Rogue One would be very welcome.

Maengun1

Seriously. All of the sets I said "meh" to before, now I'm like "oh man, I really want that one..."

Yep, actually seeing the movie made much of the tie-in stuff appeal to me. I sort of want the Kylo Ren ship now, nooooo.

I'm always bewildered by all the merchandising explosions before movies like this come out. Seeing everyone buying the action figures and everything like 4 months ago because so-and-so of the new characters was their favorite. I was like "how do you know which of the new characters is your favorite already?? What if you watch the movie and hate them?"

Fowler

I arranged a trip to the local LEGO mall with my friend the day after we saw Force Awakens; knew it was dangerous, but he wanted the Falcon and I figured the sooner we went the better. The place was full of people buying Force Awakens sets, it was hilarious.

Incidentally, I saw the Angry Birds minifigs for sale already! Didn't see the set anywhere, just individual minifigs. It was weird, they didn't look like knockoffs and were sold in stores that I'd only seen selling genuine figs, so I assume they're real...

Experien

Saw the Wars and already picked up the Transport with double VIP and VIP points...I'd like the tie but realistically I think I am set. Maybe the popsicle speeder...

Osahi

Just back from Star Wars (went in tokyo, where i am on a business trip. Made the experience even more awesome!

Some observations about the ships featured in the film:

doesn't seem like we will get other ships soon, except maybe a blue x wing, redesigned to fit the bulkier nose. Had expected to see iterations of the y-wing and walkers and such, but no such luck. I wonde what sets we will get in the future. I really hope they do a brick built version of the four legged creature that rey meets right after meeting bb-8..

Experien

Just back from Star Wars (went in tokyo, where i am on a business trip. Made the experience even more awesome!

Some observations about the ships featured in the film:

doesn't seem like we will get other ships soon, except maybe a blue x wing, redesigned to fit the bulkier nose. Had expected to see iterations of the y-wing and walkers and such, but no such luck. I wonde what sets we will get in the future. I really hope they do a brick built version of the four legged creature that rey meets right after meeting bb-8..

You liked that metal head 4 legger? I thought it was poorly made and moved really bad.

Enough spoilers! Is the next wave of Star Wars sets coming January 1 or later?

Osahi

You liked that metal head 4 legger? I thought it was poorly made and moved really bad.

Enough spoilers! Is the next wave of Star Wars sets coming January 1 or later?

I loved the look, yeah.
although his movements were too much 'two guys in a horsesuit"

ghostmind

LEGO employees receive an extra salary this month to celebrate the company's success over the past 10 years: http://cphpost.dk/news/business/lego-employees-xmas-gift-is-a-months-salary.html

All employees of the LEGO Group, LEGO Foundation and Kirkbi will in January receive an extra month’s salary along with their regular paycheck, reports BT.

According to Roar Rude Trangbæk, the press officer at LEGO Group, the money should not be viewed as a bonus but as a special payment for the great results the LEGO concern has achieved over the past 10 years.

The company’s regular bonuses will be paid out as usual in March.

More than 17,000 employees worldwide will receive the extraordinary present.

Made a little speedboat MOC that I'm pretty pleased with. The X-Men vs the Sentinel set is full of some really nice MOCing pieces. The MOC I posted yesterday along with this one are pretty much made solely from pieces taken from that set.

That's pretty cool, i dig the angles, though i'd like it even better if you'd put something in the middle/front part there hmm might make it look even more dynamic... I could tell right away even yesterday that those were parts from the Blackbird lol (even though i still need to build that set) Makes me feel like making my next MOC project a ship as well :)

Kipp

UCS Slave I on Amazon Warehouse for $163
Edit: Aaand it's gone

Nice MOCs!

Keep posting your creations - its going to be interesting to watch your evolution as a MOC builder.

Thanks!
And will do! At the moment, MOCs are just something I do while I'm waiting to get more sets to build, but when I have enough space to organize my pieces a bit and have them in a more accessible area (they currently live in the attic), I plan to get into MOCing quite a bit more and build slightly more extravagant MOCs.

That's pretty cool, i dig the angles, though i'd like it even better if you'd put something in the middle/front part there hmm might make it look even more dynamic... I could tell right away even yesterday that those were parts from the Blackbird lol (even though i still need to build that set) Makes me feel like making my next MOC project a ship as well :)

Thanks! And yeah, the front is definitely a bit bland. I'll see what I can do about making it a bit more interesting.

An unrelated point about taking pictures of MOCs: It's always super annoying, because no matter what angles or lighting I use for the photos, the photos never really capture the look of my MOCs quite right. The boat especially looks much nicer to me in real life than it does in the photo. It's a bit frustrating.

Kipp

If I ever end up living near a LEGO store, I'd absolutely love to work there as a side gig.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found a ton of 2016 sets today at target. Including some Nexo Knights. No Star Wars though.

Grabbed BvS Batmobile and the Thanos Bigfig set

So if I was going to splurge, do I get the GB fire house or 2 Modulars (or something else entirely)?

If you don't have a lot of big sets I'd say get two modulars. They will likely be very different builds and make terrific display pieces.

Assuming the GB set is solid, you really can't go wrong with either option. I'm not reading a thing about it so it'll be new to me when I build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom