• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeny

Got another Hoth rebel trooper in one of my calendars today :D

xs4I7q7.png

the Battle of Hoth is one of my favourite Star Wars things and I love all these figs. Can't wait for Hoth Attack, might have to get two, and the rumoured Echo Base
please be true

Ponn

Banned
And here we go. The characters look better than before, and there's just SO many new parts.

I'm expecting a lot of crow to be served with this theme.

Im not too proud admit that im eating some crow the last couple days watching reviews. Ive really warmed up to Nexo Knights and surprisingly that BvsS Batmobile set as well.

TheFuzz

Im not too proud admit that im eating some crow the last couple days watching reviews. Ive really warmed up to Nexo Knights and surprisingly that BvsS Batmobile set as well.

Yeah, the Nexos don't look as bad as once thought. And I'm glad to see reviews supporting my thoughts on the BvS set. Considering the source material, Lego did a phenomenal job with it.

Black Panther head looks interesting. Is that like a low profile hair piece with ears instead of a helmet?

Also, no Iron Man in the Civil War sets seems weird.

ruxtpin

Banned
Seriously. End of each year I think, "Lego was awesome this year and I don't see how they can top it, not much I'll have to get next year except the UCS stuff." And then they go and do stuff like this... Fine Lego, here's my money. Again.

ghostmind

I like how they snuck in a Suicide Squad set, under the regular Batman subtheme, without having to use the name "Suicide Squad".

And the Mighty Micros have won me over.

TheFuzz

Civil War sets... GIANT MAN?! Lol, these sets are superb. After buying the Avengers Quinjet I was concerned the next one would be similar: nope, different enough. That big CW set may topple Arkham and Jokerland as my favorite Superhero set. Love it.

Oh, and SS Harley. Awesome!

Edit: I just noticed micro-Ant Man too. Wow. This looks awesome.

Couple thoughts:

- That giant Ant Man set has potential: big Ant Man himself looks great but to me, the bigger news here is Quinjet 3.0 hmmm i may skip 2.0 and get this one instead but it looks EVEN smaller now doesn't it?

- The Micros look disappointing to me especially compared to some of the stellar early SW Microfighters which really nailed the Chibi look, but then i guess these do have less pieces so that kinda explains it... the figs will be nice at least.

I was just thinking how the brick textured 1x2 bricks are never used with the single line side on the display side, and was going to try to find a place in my MOC for that. Looks like LEGO did it in that tower next to macro Ant Man.

My further impressions of examining the new quinjet is that's not a button on top, but a gear you twist. There are no visible turbofans to rotate, so maybe it simply winds/unwinds the rope Captain America is on?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Added a bit more to my spaceship MOC I posted yesterday and I'm much, much happier with it now. It was definitely missing something before, but now I'm quite pleased with it.

Obviously not the most brilliant MOC ever created, but it was a lot of fun to make. And for being the first MOC I've made in nearly a year (and not much MOC experience before that either), I'm pleased with how I did.

TheFuzz

Something weird at my Walmart by my work...

They put out a Jabbas Sail Barge for $45, three Lord Business Evil Lairs, a Dol Gudur Battle and other random stuff on clearance.
There's also a clone turbo tank (?) for $35.

Well that's a bummer , missed out on 10 Lego sets for $3 each at a thrift store

Reseller bought them, oh well

Lego Star Wars X avengers X batman X Harry Potter

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Something weird at my Walmart by my work...

They put out a Jabbas Sail Barge for $45, three Lord Business Evil Lairs, a Dol Gudur Battle and other random stuff on clearance.
There's also a clone turbo tank (?) for $35.

Oh wow. You've got me wanting to stop by my Walmart and see if I can find anything good now.

Fowler

That Giant Man is awesome! (And haha, that kinda ruined a big surprise for the movie!)

Also good to see a Cap fig with hair coming in a set that doesn't cost $350...

I'm kinda pissed that Giant Man got spoiled but at the same time I feel like that was something they would have used as a money shot moment in a trailer so I guess it's not too bad.

And honestly, we all knew it was gonna happen. I was shocked it didn't happen during the finale of Ant-Man myself, or in a post-credits scene.

Still, looks awesome as hell. Can't wait to see how people adapt the construction to make other MacroFigures.

I like the Batmobile design quite a bit (still prefer the Tumbler, though), but this Batwing design is just atrocious.

I agree on both counts. However, with just a bit of tweeking I think both of these batman vehicles will look pretty awesome. I'll be getting them both for that reason.

I've never really been happy with any of the other bat vehicles released so far, so I'll use these as a strong base and work some of the designs I like from the other sets into these.

Definitely getting the Audi.

Does anybody here have the big red Ferrari truck from the current Speed Champions wave? It's always struck me as a very nice looking set.

Those Elves sets look pretty sweet. My daughter is getting an Elves set from my in-laws for Christmas, and I bought her a few on sale at the Lego Store recently as well. Hoping she takes a liking to them.

Does anybody here have the big red Ferrari truck from the current Speed Champions wave? It's always struck me as a very nice looking set.

I bought it a month ago, but then I bought a bunch of other sets (a boatload from that 15% off Target deal), and it's still unopened so now I feel like I should probably return it. I'm thinking I'll stick with the street car Speed Champions sets, since they go with the modulars, and pass on the racing ones.

Does this German catalogue confirm a January release of Nexo Knights? I'm a bit worried since there's a promo in our calendar for a Nexo thing in March, I hope the line itself doesn't release then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom