• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Brigade's 1932 inscription under the bell begs to differ though?

I don't own DO yet but if that puts in in that era as WELL then there may be a time period to these things after all? I am not sure where i heard the 30s thing but this does seem plausible hmm...

20th century is between January 1, 1901 – December 31, 2000.
As for the computer being inside, it's simply an anachronism or possibly the events the set takes place is late 20th century while the building was constructed early 20th century. The former is more likely IMO as the flash for the camera indicates a much earlier date.

Or maybe there isn't a fixed storyline to everything. The modulars are there to make up a city. What you do with it is up to you. Mine has Indiana Jones and a Frozen premiere and Luke Skywalker and Smaug in it.

If you want to make a period display and only have accurate 30's era figures in it and no modern stuff whatsoever, well, cool for you. But that's too OCD for me.

20th century is between January 1, 1901 – December 31, 2000.
As for the computer being inside, it's simply an anachronism or possibly the events the set takes place is late 20th century while the building was constructed early 20th century. The former is more likely IMO as the flash for the camera indicates a much earlier date.

Right... it COULD all take place later, true... They do actually have some other clues to guess the time period such as the Palace Cinema limousine.. anyone's guess what era that could be from? Hmmm i am also now unsure whether revolving doors (GE) were already invented in the 30s?

Right... it COULD all take place later, true... They do actually have some other clues to guess the time period such as the Palace Cinema limousine.. anyone's guess what era that could be from? Hmmm i am also now unsure whether revolving doors (GE) were already invented in the 30s?

Revolving doors are a pre-20th century invention

Some nice Scooby MOCs. Can't wait to see more Scooby Doo MOCs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/72036844@N04/

19705677633_78f131bc23_b.jpg

20041758180_83561b24ff_b.jpg

Oooh...nice...

Jedi Archives by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Nice modernized look. Seems a little busy, but I like it.

Nova Team by Rob D, on Flickr

For next years Bionicle villains, I really hope they do a less generic theme. One thing I liked about the villains in the original bionicle is that they were alien and unidentifiable. The bohrok weren't skeletons, animals, pirates, vampires, or anything we know. They were bohrok and that's what I loved about them. "skeletons" or other monsters doesn't really work with the bionicle theme in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I liked the villain sets this summer, I just hope next year they're more bionicle styled.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You guys weren't kidding about Parisian Restaurant being the best modular. I just finished Detective's Office the other day and am nearly finished with the first floor of Parisian Restaurant now and it's just gorgeous inside and out. The highlight so far for me are those white pillars on the first floor in the front. They're just designed so brilliantly. They look incredible.

neonglow

It looks like emails to winners have been sent for the Bat-Pod sweepstakes. A couple people on Brickset have already won. Unfortunately, I didn't win but hope someone here did.

ghostmind

Seasonal set news!

Holiday vignettes (like the Valentine's and Easter sets)

Halloween: Kid trick or treating, dressed as a witch, there's a stoop and a front door with a skeleton answering it.

Thanksgiving: Restaurant scene - chef wheeling out a full turkey on a cart, pie underneath it, there's a table with a woman sitting at it ready to be served.

Christmas 1: Kids building a snowman outside a snowy front porch

Christmas 2: "Santa's Visit" fireplace, tree, presents

2015 Holiday Promo sets

First is a train, looks like a Christmas version of the Emerald Express.
Second is a gingerbread house. Apparently looks amazing.

Seasonal set news!

Halloween: Kid trick or treating, dressed as a witch, there's a stoop and a front door with a skeleton answering it.

Thanksgiving: Restaurant scene - chef wheeling out a full turkey on a cart, pie underneath it, there's a table with a woman sitting at it ready to be served.

2015 Holiday Promo sets

Now the gingerbread house would be a great XMas $50-$100 set! I thought that's what you meant at first, but then reread and saw it was only a promo.

I know it's part of the movie but I wonder if "on a mission from God" could hurt that Blues Brothers set's chances at all? I hope not. ):

I know that some people don't like Lego Ideas being used as just a licensing machine but stuff like this, that make cool display pieces that would neeeeever get their own theme, I dig it. Unless Lego did some kind of "Lego Movie Classics" line, I really like that we've been able to get such iconic vehicles like the BTTF DeLorean and the Ecto-1.

What are some other famous cars that could make good sets? KIT, maybe the car from Starsky & Hutch? Having so many kids makes it kind of impossible minifigure-wise but I'd like to see a Magic Schoolbus set somehow.

I know it's part of the movie but I wonder if "on a mission from God" could hurt that Blues Brothers set's chances at all? I hope not. ):

What are some other famous cars that could make good sets? KIT, maybe the car from Starsky & Hutch? Having so many kids makes it kind of impossible minifigure-wise but I'd like to see a Magic Schoolbus set somehow.

No more than Ghostbusters dealt with Occult stuff.

Other potentials
A-Team, Thunderbirds (probably needs a theme).

Rootbeer

Banned
Seasonal set news!

2015 Holiday Promo sets

What a time to be alive! :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
having a clearout, and giving a bunch of old books to charity shops. If anyone in the UK/EU wants this, you can have it for the cost of postage. No Luke minifig though

o9yfwgS.jpg

Picked up the F40 and Mini at the lego store today. Was going to get just the Ferrari, but the little picnic basket in the mini swayed me. Still think it doesn't quite look right though. Also Amazon delivered my Trevi Fountain (£27) so now I have a fairly big backlog again
- UCS TIE
- Lego ideas birds
- Lego Architecture Trevi Fountain
- Lego Architecture UN headquarters
- F40
- Mini
- Power Jet

Still on the fence about BBT. I'll probably check through the instructions online and see how I could mod the apartment to be correct. If I can make that a fun little project then I'll probably jump on it.

I've seen 1 single episode of Big Bang Theory and the Hulk Fists toy were part of it. I guess I would put 2 hulk bigfig fists on the shelves somewhere. They disconnect at the wrists and I think people would easily understand the reference.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've seen 1 single episode of Big Bang Theory and the Hulk Fists toy were part of it. I guess I would put 2 hulk bigfig fists on the shelves somewhere. They disconnect at the wrists and I think people would easily understand the reference.

its silly, basic things like the door should be on the left. Stuff that anyone would immediately realise was wrong. It shouldn't annoy me but just smacks of basic lack of attention to detail. I suppose they were mostly just focused on the minifigs.

Jimbro72

its silly, basic things like the door should be on the left. Stuff that anyone would immediately realise was wrong. It shouldn't annoy me but just smacks of basic lack of attention to detail. I suppose they were mostly just focused on the minifigs.

What door do you mean? That door way opening that is on the right side of the LEGO set off what should be a hallway back to their bedrooms? That is actually part of the real TV show set. That is actually a detail that is correct.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seasonal set news!

2015 Holiday Promo sets

Bah...was hoping this would be the big set this year.

ghostmind

I've now had two sources tell me that Star Wars is coming to LEGO Dimensions in late 2016.

Take this rumor with large grains of salt, but never doesn't always mean never.

Markus

Congrats! If you do end up opening the set, consider making copies of the instructions to share.

Thank you. I guess I was at an advantage living in Nova Scotia, one of the smallest provinces and far far away from a Lego Store.

I'll certainly post them if I decide to open it, but I'm not a big Super Hero's fan. I'd definitely consider a trade for something like Sungnyemun, or maybe from somebody with those sweet X-Files minifigs ;-)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What door do you mean? That door way opening that is on the right side of the LEGO set off what should be a hallway back to their bedrooms? That is actually part of the real TV show set. That is actually a detail that is correct.

ah, just looked at some pics - didn't realise the raised section had an actual doorway back into the room. Seems an odd thing to have. So the set seems accurate, just missing most of the room. I'd still want to mod that in :p

Jimbro72

ah, just looked at some pics - didn't realise the raised section had an actual doorway back into the room. Seems an odd thing to have. So the set seems accurate, just missing most of the room. I'd still want to mod that in :p

No worries. I had to check, too, to make sure that detail was correct as I couldn't remember if it had that pillar there creating that doorway. It does look a little odd only having the one wall from what is the hallway. Makes it look like it represents an outer wall of the apt. or something. They should have done this as a two part set, splitting the figs between the two and made the 2nd set include the kitchen and area where Sheldon's desk is or possible the wall where the front door is. Make it a bit more complete diorama of their apt. But, of course, at probably double the cost.

Shamelessly quoting to show my gingerbread house from two years ago. Complete with nipples!

FINALLY finished the gingerbread house.

Interior slopes to support the roof. Figured might as well put a wreath or big cookie inside instead of a blank wall.

One support beam running between the two thin, sloped walls. Also showing how the candy cane running along the roof is attached. There are a few Technic pins running through the middle for support. I didn't have enough red round pieces to keep the pattern uniform along the candy cane though.

Roof tiles. This was SO tedious. Ugh. Remind me never to do something like this again. Assembling the roof part was fine. It was putting the hundreds of 1x1 studs in varying colors everywhere that was so tedious. But, it was my choice to make it look like gumdrop heaven, so I only have myself to blame.

The roof attached.

The finished house. Going for something that looks reasonably realistic for a gingerbread house. In other words, lots of icing and gumdrops or candy everywhere on the thing.

I still haven't figured out an idea to replace the peppermint breasts on the front.

Now to build the snow environment to put this and the Winter Village Cottage into. Hidden feature of the gingerbread house: I put one of the large octagonal shapes under it, so I plan on attaching it to a spinning base in the scene. That way people can see the scene, but then I can spin the house around to show the interior without having to actually lift it. Shamelessly stolen idea from Ewok Village.

Some ideas I am kicking around to add to the holiday scene: frozen pond for skating, and an abominable snowman terrorizing the village.

I know I can do better now. And the abominable snowman I made for the scene is still together. I can't bring myself to break him down.

Ponn

Banned
Seriously those Seasonal sets sound so awesome. I'm thinking Sept. 1st will be an awesome shopping day on S@H. Think I may hold off on Millennium Falcon, it will eventually be restocked. Need to prioritize those monster CMF's and any of those holiday sets because those im betting will sell out quick.

Scooby Mystery Mansion came yesterday. I need to finish Pet Shop today and then i'm going to make this weekend Scooby building weekend. Hoping for the Winter Village set reveal this weekend. I want to see that Candy Shop now! Hoping for some awesome printed pieces and maybe new candy pieces. Would be awesome if they included a fig that looked like Willy Wonka.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That gingerbread house is amazing.

lol - Maybe old? Someone posted this on my fitocracy feed...

Holy Grail Lego Sets

I thought it meant sets like the UCS Millenium Falcon. I've seen those and they are great.

Great B&N detective work! Can't wait for both of those.

New LEGO Dimensions Ghostbusters sets on amazon. I'm waiting for best buy to list them. They are always slow :(

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J4LA66/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J4LAZM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J4L9T4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I could buy the fun packs just for the figures at $15, $10-$20 is going price for good custom printed figures. but the level pack for just the hair piece is a no go at $30. If I play the game, then I'll get it or if I can find a gaming person to buy just the base.

Rootbeer

Banned
I could buy the fun packs just for the figures at $15, $10-$20 is going price for good custom printed figures. but the level pack for just the hair piece is a no go at $30. If I play the game, then I'll get it or if I can find a gaming person to buy just the base.

Understandable! Personally I plan on playing the game. I'm getting the base game, and all level packs. As for single or dual figure packs, that will depend entirely on the parts included (mostly.) The two ghostbusters ones definitely qualify for my needs.

Just made a pretty incredible score on amazon

RkBms5r.jpg

I'm trying to figure out just why it was so cheap, the item description says it is unopened... I see that a third party seller actually has one for sale around that price, so I think amazon's automated system made the price low to make it competitive. Anyway, my gain!

Is this the only way to get the Stay Puft minifigure? No plans to ever buy Dimensions, but this guy looks great!
Yes it is! Same with Slimer. Also, that Venkman minifig is an exclusive version in some ways -- different hair and arm printing

wetwired

Rootbeer

Banned
hmmm ships to australia, tempting

I've never bought any of these skylander style games, are all the add-on packs crossplatform?

Yes they are, but I believe you'd need to buy the game itself seperate on each platform you wanted to play. That may not be true on all platforms. Sometimes the PC or mobile versions are free.

if you are asking if the figures are region free, I haven't found any info on that but it probably is since most competitors are. good news is we'll know that info before the end of September and these Ghostbusters packs don't come out until long after that, so there won't be any guesswork at that time.

also note the dates listed... Slimer is not until May 2016? What a hellatious wait. Hopefully that date is wrong and they move it up to March with Stay Puft.

ghostmind

Apparently we (probably just Europe) are getting a special CMF next year for the UEFA Euro 2016, consisting of footballers from the German team.

(credit Sir von Lego on Eurobricks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom