• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuuufffh. I want to wait for Star Wars stuff, but I will probably be weak. And I still need an XBONE for Rock Band 4. Maybe I should look at selling my plasma.

When I bought the mini and Ferrari, I guess I should have bought them in two transactions to get two winter soldiers - or do the staff try and stop you doing that? Not that I particularly care, just with the high prices of Lego I'll take all the freebies I can get :)

If you're asking about the LEGO store itself, you should be able to get multiple promos by cashing out each transaction separately. I've done that with pretty much every promo over the last couple of years. It works online as well.

Also, the Javelin is not very iconic to me. Hell, I had to look the name up because I didn't know what it was called!

Agreed on the Javelin. I actually didn't know it was based on a ship from the comics until you posted that.

Yo Palacebrother:

Where is that Snowspeeder from i spied in you second pic under the AT-AT?

Here's a closer shot. Just the regular ship with a quick & dirty stand. Now that I've posted it I realize I really need to add some rope to it and reduce the size of the stand.

ZbE5BCi.jpg

Yeah just gonna nab the mansion - the prices in CAD for Daphne are about $20 and Velma is approximately $25. Thats nuts! I love putting Lego together so I'll just splurge.

Welcome to the thread. Are you near the GTA? If so I have to plug Lasting Toys in Mississauga; if you haven't been to it you should definitely check it out.

I could never get into the Minifigure blindbags. I know they will consume me. :(

Thankfully, the upcoming Monsters series is perfect for not worrying about feeling out the bags. It is designed to have multiples.

I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

EDIT: Having said that, I stopped getting the blind bags over a year ago. It was too much stress and work to feel things out to get the entire line. The last one I felt and got the whole series of was Simpson's series 1. But I will be grabbing handfuls of the Monsters ones and not caring what I get. I just want an army of horror stuff. I just love the horror themed stuff too much.

I could never get into the Minifigure blindbags. I know they will consume me. :(

This is the perfect series to start. It goes perfectly with Scooby Doo sets and Halloween. Plant monster will definitely consume you.

You could always Bricklink the figures which may be a cheaper way for some that don't want to feel the bags.

Ugh. LEGO Neck strikes yet again. I was feeling better, so I did more sorting and breaking down today. But hours of my neck being craned down and looking this way and that, and I have a crick in both sides of my neck now instead of just one.

BAH! I put such a big dent in the sorting today, that the end almost looks in sight now. I must finish, but is the pain worth it?

Ponn

Banned

Let the monster CMF's flow through you (i'm sure Ghostmind would have a gif to go with this). Seriously though, catch them all and then join us in pining for a Monster Fighters theme revival.

Ugh. LEGO Neck strikes yet again. I was feeling better, so I did more sorting and breaking down today. But hours of my neck being craned down and looking this way and that, and I have a crick in both sides of my neck now instead of just one.

BAH! I put such a big dent in the sorting today, that the end almost looks in sight now. I must finish, but is the pain worth it?

Nah, don't overdo it. You could cause more pain putting you out of building longer. You could try building something without looking down though, make a game out of it. Then post what you ended up building without looking down.

Well, it is a lot of looking up and around too because of the stuff in the sorting drawers.

I will try to stop for a few days, but it is tough. I am off work for four more days and had plans to clean up all the crap and do some more MOCing.

Let the monster CMF's flow through you (i'm sure Ghostmind would have a gif to go with this). Seriously though, catch them all and then join us in pining for a Monster Fighters theme revival.

That is how I am treating it. If I cannot get more Monster Fighters, then I will go nuts with the figures. The figures were the initial draw of the theme for me anyways. Then it just happened to get two amazing sets in Vampyre Castle and Haunted House.

Ryuuroden

I'm trying to get a bit organized too with all the massive amounts of recent PAB and Lugbulk and Bricklink. I have also picked up a ton of sets that I want to build but we shall see what happens. My backlog is probably the largest its been since the year before I moved into my current place.

EDIT: I've noticed we are about 100 pages behind our normal pace this year..... Hopefully Star Wars and Dimensions and stuff makes it more lively.

I'm trying to get a bit organized too with all the massive amounts of recent PAB and Lugbulk and Bricklink. I have also picked up a ton of sets that I want to build but we shall see what happens. My backlog is probably the largest its been since the year before I moved into my current place.

EDIT: I've noticed we are about 100 pages behind our normal pace this year..... Hopefully Star Wars and Dimensions and stuff makes it more lively.

I actually have a back log for the first time ever. So many sets I grabbed on clearance, just sitting around waiting to be opened and sorted. Ugh.

And I am giving my neck a break for the night and printing up more labels for the sorting drawers and whatnot. If I can't sort, at least I can make some labels to speed things up later.

And man, we need to get this thread moving then. I think Star Wars will kick it into gear.
And it is getting close to the time for me to start prepping the next OT I think. It takes time to compile those links and recommendations.

Fowler

Here's a closer shot. Just the regular ship with a quick & dirty stand. Now that I've posted it I realize I really need to add some rope to it and reduce the size of the stand.

Wow, didn't realize that really was the unmodified Microfighter.

I might use the little snowspeeder that comes with the planet set tho, because I have two of those.

(The only problem is I have a Luke mini fig hanging from the bottom of the AT-AT, which kinda throws the scale off... Oh well!)

I only want the Millennium Falcon (that I know of) from The Force Awakens, but there will probably be tons of figures I want as well - like
Phasma just because Gwendoline Christie is so badass
. It's not going anywhere, but it might very well sell out and be hard to find before Christmas.

Debating getting the Airjitzu Temple after all. It looks great, but I don't have a good spot for it and I need to claw back some space for my city. I don't need the figures (I have all ninjas already) and there aren't any parts I really must have. But if I don't get it, it'll probably sell out and be gone in months.

Either way, I will probably get a ton of CMF:s in September. There's a TRU opening here so I'll hope for good deals.

Wow, didn't realize that really was the unmodified Microfighter.

I might use the little snowspeeder that comes with the planet set tho, because I have two of those.

(The only problem is I have a Luke mini fig hanging from the bottom of the AT-AT, which kinda throws the scale off... Oh well!)

More like a MICROfig if you're gonna use the Planet speeder which i did as well...

The whole thing isn't really to scale with anything anyways though...

The last one I felt and got the whole series of was Simpson's series 1. But I will be grabbing handfuls of the Monsters ones and not caring what I get. I just want an army of horror stuff. I just love the horror themed stuff too much.

We did the same thing. I think Series 12 was the last one I collected. They're all just in a plastic shoebox in my "LEGO storage room" so it felt wasteful. I sometimes get tempted to get the Simpsons series 2 figs...but if I'm not going to get the Kwik-E-Mart the completionist in me doesn't need to do it.

More like a MICROfig if you're gonna use the Planet speeder which i did as well...

You know the Planet speeder would be more appropriate for scale. Looking it up....and it appears that it does in fact come with a unique pilot. Dammit. I'm heading out to buy that today.

Koren

But I will be grabbing handfuls of the Monsters ones and not caring what I get. I just want an army of horror stuff. I just love the horror themed stuff too much.
Same here... They're nice, and I kinda want to populate the Haunted House with more inhabitants (and put the Scooby-doo van in front)

I've never felt the urge to collect minifigs before, at least when they're not linked to something (I'm midly interested in Simpsons or Star Wars minifigs, for example)

ghostmind

Doctor Who set info:

It is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.
Also it comes out on December 1st

(via Hulk_Smash on Eurobricks)

Fowler

Doctor Who set info:

It is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

December 1st? There's my girlfriend's Christmas present sorted...

For the rest of the year I'm probably getting Wall-E, the darth Vader constraction figure, and one of the larger force awakens sets (might beg my mom to get it for me as a Christmas present and save some money lol,)

I'm not even a huge star wars fan but I've noticed the sets have taken up a significant portion of my collection, they're just so good

My year is going to be the rest of the super hero sets I am missing, the CMFs in Sept, the last 3 Ultra Agent sets I am missing, and probably the Ferris Wheel for Xmas.

Not too bad, really. Around $600ish.

Man, I will probably spend at least $600 on Star Wars sets alone. I'm behind on the theme, though...need UCS Tie Fighter and Slave I, possibly the Sandcrawler (a purchase for next year at the earliest).

Grabbed Ekimu/Grinder and Basher last night as a reward for a long hard week of doing multiple large jobs.

Basher is way better than all reviews I've read. He's a little loose in the arms but not bad at all honestly.

Ekimu is great with me being back n forth about Grinder. Grinder needs some basic modifications to make him more "solid" in my opinion. I do think I'll like him more over time though.

I forget the Star Wars construction sets are coming. I think it might just be Jango from the first run due to his metallic grey new parts. Mostly just want the new parts in black, white, and metals or greys and I feel we will get better CCBS Star Wars sets when the later sets appear.

Ponn

Banned
Joker Bumper car get! Also stopped into my local walmart to see if anything on clearance. To quote Spaceballs "We aint found shit" Usual for me, never find these deals in stores.

Ryuuroden

Doctor Who set info:

Niiice, I know a Christmas present to ask for.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doctor Who set info:

No David Tennant :(

wetwired

I don't like doctor who but I want to get a tardis just to have in a city display cause it's an iconic image. I wonder how big this tardis will be compared to the dimensions one? I may end up getting the dimensions one as it looks more minifigs scale. I get the feeling the ideas one will be huge

Ryuuroden

I don't like doctor who but I want to get a tardis just to have in a city display cause it's an iconic image. I wonder how big this tardis will be compared to the dimensions one? I may end up getting the dimensions one as it looks more minifigs scale. I get the feeling the ideas one will be huge

The inside better be larger than the outside.

Just sayin

I started doing a major cleaning up in my basement area and am rearranging a whole slew of things from my various hobbies and collections.

My Lego backlog is embarrassing. There's stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day in years. Some great surprises too. I didn't even know I owned 2-3 of the sets, lol!

I have some Star Wars stuff NIB that I might be willing to trade. I'll post the whole pile later. The Star Wars sets are 2x Bounty Hunter ships, a Sith Infiltrator, a V-Wing(?), and a Jedi Shuttle. They all look pretty cool, especially that shuttle, but I decided long ago I can't do Star Wars and everything else too.

I also found that Purple Bus from Harry Potter, a dozen or so Mixels, a UFO Defense Force Helicopter, a mess of various polybags, and 3-4 city sets.

Lots more too, I just can't remember off hand.

That storage location will now hold all my dvds I didn't sell with the rest of my movie collection. I still have around 450 left, mostly foreign movie and various TV series.

Meanwhile, my board games are kind of in limbo. I have around 100 of those. They take up a lot of space and I kind of want to disply them too. My wife's hobbies have officially taken over our former "joint" hobby room as she's starting to dip her hands into ever more things.

I can't wait to finish my man cave in a proper fashion...

Ponn

Banned
I got the Mystery Machine put together today. Awesome build, looks so damn terrific. I was actually surprised by how small Scooby was. I don't know why, i've seen the reviews but I guess I was just thinking differently for some reason. He looks awesome though. The hair pieces for Fred and Shaggy are awesome. I see them both being used in MOC's by alot of people. They have that whole awesome pompadour thing going on, I swear if Shaggy's head piece was in black you could easily make a Space Dandy fig. The zombie fig is pretty cool to.

The stickers, yes the stickers. They actually weren't too bad. The bulk of the stickers are basically for the designs and name on the sides of the van so when you see it you understand printed bricks were probably not feasible. The printed tire and front pieces are nice though. One hint for those who haven't put the set together yet. The instructions have you putting the stickers on as you build and then assemble. For the big side stickers i suggest putting the van together or at least the sides together first then putting the Mystery Machine logo on. It helps alot with aligning them. Also I noticed one thing that could be a problem later. I put the stickers right up to each other because it looked better to me but the sides open right where you put them. If they are close together it could cause some rubbing effect and peeling on the stickers so if you think you are going to be using that feature alot you may not want to put them right perfect together and leave a little space between them.

Overall two thumbs up, can't wait to put the mansion together next and get the gang all together. I got the van parked right next to my Haunted Mansion and it looks great together. Can't wait to get my Monster Fighter stuff out for Halloween.

Well, because of my schedule this past month or so, I have been home most of the time my wife is. Usually that makes us both happy, but it annoyed her since she was trying to make my birthday present. She only got 9 out of the 80 needed done so far, but in the end, I will have a handmade LEGO blanket. :)

namtab37

Neo Member
Anyone have an UNOPENED Haunted House 10228 they might be willing to include as part of a trade? Looking to get rid of an OPENED Green Grocer 10185. Let me know. Thanks.

Ponn

Banned
Well, because of my schedule this past month or so, I have been home most of the time my wife is. Usually that makes us both happy, but it annoyed her since she was trying to make my birthday present. She only got 9 out of the 80 needed done so far, but in the end, I will have a handmade LEGO blanket. :)

That looks awesome, what a great gift. When its finished wrap yourself up in it and say you can't get out without a brick separator.

BahamutPT

Doctor Who set info:

Welp, I now know what I'm getting for my birthday.

That looks awesome, what a great gift. When its finished wrap yourself up in it and say you can't get out without a brick separator.

I know in the end that the cats will use the blanket more than I will. And probably my wife will use it more than I since she gets cold easier. But hey, belated birthday present. I wanted LEGO, and I got some. Just not in the way I would have ever conceived. :)

The top of the LEGO Dimensions box - the only unrevealed minifig at this point is the "Midway Arcade Gamer".

dHKprhP.png

Are you effing kidding me, the Wicked Witch is SERIOUSLY the ONLY Wizard of Oz figure they made?!?

They had better be planning some other set or theme or something so we can get the rest of the characters. That is so weak.

wetwired

Are you effing kidding me, the Wicked Witch is SERIOUSLY the ONLY Wizard of Oz figure they made?!?

They had better be planning some other set or theme or something so we can get the rest of the characters. That is so weak.

Yeah, the one character that you could have easily represented with about 12 other previously released minifigs...

Rootbeer

Banned
Great... looks like we can look forward to feeling tons of mad scientist packs in the weeks and months after launch. Head is easy to feel for, he's common, and I don't think he will be very sought after. Not a fan of that head.

Anyway, I noticed I do not have the CMF Series 5 Lumberjack (I have collected a good variety of choice minifigs from series prior to coming out of my Dark Ages, but he was not one of them!)

Since the new S14 Werewolf is clearly the same character (same shirt, etc.), I had to add him to my collection! Grabbed one off bricklink for $3 along with a few other things.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not sure why, as I love the concept, but this monsters set of CMFs hasn't really done anything for me. None of them stand out as "must haves" for me, aside from maybe the Zombie Pirate and Skeleton Guy, we'll see how they look in the wild. Having said that, I'm all for this sort of theming of a CMF series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom