• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So strange they didn't print that piece, when the 45 euro Snowspeeder-set has a printed canopy...

There are a few aspects of the set that are disappointing. The fact that you the stand holds it up by sheer willpower alone is a bit funny. One breath and it'll knock back...

Osahi

There are a few aspects of the set that are disappointing. The fact that you the stand holds it up by sheer willpower alone is a bit funny. One breath and it'll knock back...

Still want one tough... But I don't have the place for it (or i should sell my Kenner X-Wing)

At least they're being true to the source material there... Personally i think it's a nice touch that they included a stand that uses the Force to hold the ship up :)

Ok, venting time:

So i am building Town Hall first floor right? Everything is going just FINE and the whole thing is starting to look incredibly classy (from the outside at least) with those beautiful pillars and the croissants and what not when... i hit the sandred or whatever that color is called bricks to top off the walls going up and it turns out that a lot of them are those damn knockoff quality look bricks that have a cheaper and brighter color to them than the rest of the SAME color so it all looks off if you look closely enough >:mad:(

I had the same problem with Pet Shop and a bunch of light blue bricks. It really doesn't bother me as much when it's all one kind of bricks but when they're mixed like that it kinda does suck.

Are ALL sets of the same kind like that or are there actually people out there with Town Halls (and other sets) with the better quality bricks?

TLDR, first world problems concerning brick quality but Lego is all ABOUT details damnit ;P

Amiibro

Target has the LEGO Cuusoo/Ideas Exo Suit 21109 on sale for $27.99(+tax). 5% off and free shipping for Redcard members. Just a heads up since I just ordered one and others might be looking for a deal on it before it's gone.

ghostmind

The first wave of Star Wars constraction figures have shown up at TRU in France.

YKGcWtK.jpg

RdXtGUR.jpg

Constraction is way under rated.

I don't collect action figures but love them and I've cut back on Lego system purchases. Constraction sets are my perfect middle ground. Quality, flexibility, and way cooler than face value. Plus they are damn great for posing. It's the CCBS equivalent of "swooshability"

oh, and cody looks better than I was expecting >_<

Ponn

Banned
The official Lego Facebook page posted these up earlier.

CANNOT WAIT! I was lucky and got my preorder in at Amazon before page came down. With Prime shipping I had my Scooby Doo sets pretty quick so hopefully same with this. Also I get the bonus of using credits I have on Amazon to pay for it.

Hoping the seasonal sets are listed on S@H on the 1st so I can make a small order for them with the new CMF's. I will probably wait till Oct. to order the new WV set to get the first Christmas set then save anything else i'm looking at for double VIP on Brickfriday. I love it when a plan comes together. *rubs hands*

Wall-E is super-bought. Such a fantastic rendition.

What else is releasing on September 1st? I'm skipping the Temple for now, too much stuff. Not counting any interesting deals when TRU opens (on the 28th, from what I've heard), I'll be getting both Wall-E and something like 20 minifigs. And is the WV set releasing already?

Oh yeah, the SW stuff. But that's probably just the MF for me, and later.

Rootbeer

Banned
Be careful tho, think some in this thread are going on a no-spoiler blackout ahead of Ep 7...
Hmm, well I'd like to hear some feedback from other posters on this then.

I plan on posting any LEGO set found unless it has obvious spoilers such as character deaths or something

But I'm sensitive to other people's needs and will accommodate if I can.

I just think people need to have realistic expectations about spoilers when browsing anything social on the internet.

Ponn

Banned

I plan on posting any LEGO set found unless it has obvious spoilers such as character deaths or something

I just think people need to have realistic expectations about spoilers when browsing anything social on the internet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say its going to be damn near impossible for people in here to not be posting Force Awakens sets on Force Day. The sets really should only be spoiling characters appearing but the plot should still be safe so I don't see the big deal. I mean, if thats the case they will never be able to look at a walmart, TRU, Target ad or go down toy aisles till the movie comes out.

I don't think a spaceship appearing in a Star Wars movie counts as a spoiler. The only vehicle that really counts as a 'character' is the Falcon, and we already know about that.

Ponn

Banned
I don't think a spaceship appearing in a Star Wars movie counts as a spoiler. The only vehicle that really counts as a 'character' is the Falcon, and we already know about that.

I can see how certain figs coming in that set may spoil something for someone on total blackout from even trailers. I still don't see how people on that much of a blackout though make it through a day on the internet.

I can see how certain figs coming in that set may spoil something for someone on total blackout from even trailers. I still don't see how people on that much of a blackout though make it through a day on the internet.

Even then, figure distribution means nothing. Remember Beorn and Radagast in the Dol Guldur sets, or Kili and Fili in the Lonely Mountain set?

neonglow

I don't mind posting set images. If people do mind, you can now hide images behind the spoiler tags just like words.

BigHow

Neo Member

I think sets like the one earlier in the thread with the Snowtroopers are fair game. It's just a character design and the set name isn't particularly revealing.

But if a set had a name like "Han and Chewbacca Fight to the Death" (aka something that has a heavy plot spoiler in the name itself or the box photo), I think that should probably be held under spoiler tags. Even if you're a regular Lego shopper, I think it's still possible to avoid seeing some sets or at least their titles.

Though Lego is generally pretty good about not giving that kind of stuff away, the box art for the Avengers: AoU sets revealed that
the Avengers would rescue the Vision in Korea
. While that's not a huge plot spoiler, it wasn't evident from the trailers and I could see someone being bothered by it (though I'm personally not that bothered by spoilers).

ghostmind

Every other movie gets spoiled in some respect by the LEGO sets, even if sometimes they are a red herring (looking at you Iron Man 3).

I don't see why Star Wars should be treated differently. I certainly plan on posting my haul on Force Friday.

ghostmind

SAVE these pics if you care, might not be on this host long.

CMZIcDfXAAEvvbw.jpg

CMZIcDiWIAEr-iA.jpg

And here I was just asking when we might see more LEGO leaks this morning.

Interesting speeder - definitely not similar to the ESB version.

Not liking how LEGO has cheated out on the blasters again though.

Every other movie gets spoiled in some respect by the LEGO sets, even if sometimes they are a red herring (looking at you Iron Man 3).

I don't see why Star Wars should be treated differently. I certainly plan on posting my haul on Force Friday.

100% this. Advertising, merchandise and officially released material doesn't fall under the spoiler banner.

Personally I don't care one lick about spoilers (Spoil me all you want) but I don't really see a ship as that big of a spoiler. I guess if it's more of a diorama of a certain climatic scene in the movie, I can see that but just a ship? Ehhh...

chidrock

I pretty much only have time to lurk the boards, but I figured I'd say this bc I know that there has to be others like me out there. I'm the type that avoids trailers because of how much they show of movies - if rather go in knowing nothing if it's a movie I think I'd want to see.

Thanks to this thread I now know that a snowspeeder is involved and it looks like there might be a crashed imperial star destroyer going by the MOC someone posted the other day.

That said, I usually skim past anything if I can and I figure I might have to avoid the thread once the new sets start popping up.

Edit - looks like it's time for me to move along now lol...

Edit 2 - who am I kidding? I can't turn away from the thread...I mostly browse using my phone, so I'll just quickly scroll through.

I pretty much only have time to lurk the boards, but I figured I'd say this bc I know that there has to be others like me out there. I'm the type that avoids trailers because of how much they show of movies - if rather go in knowing nothing if it's a movie I think I'd want to see.

Thanks to this thread I now know that a snowspeeder is involved and it looks like there might be a crashed imperial star destroyer going by the MOC someone posted the other day.

That said, I usually skim past anything if I can and I figure I might have to avoid the thread once the new sets start popping up.

Edit - looks like it's time for me to move along now lol...

Edit 2 - who am I kidding? I can't turn away from the thread...I mostly browse using my phone, so I'll just quickly scroll through.

To be fair though, it's up to you to avoid these bits of information that LucasFilm releases. It's not anyone else's fault. When I say 'you' I'm meaning people that want to go in 'dark' to a movie.

wetwired

Ok I've done a few test sales of the X- Agents and everything seems in order. I'm still gonna do a "soft launch" here on GAF, I've added 20 to the site so anyone who's interested can get in before most others. Please don't spread the word or link yet as I don't want them getting out anywhere but here for the moment

It's probably wishing too much that they have a battle pack of the Force Awakens storm troopers. LIke the 75078: Imperial Troop Transport.

LEGO is smart. They probably will sprinkle them in different sets.

EDIT: I guess I'll have to get a bunch of 75102 First Order Transporter to build up my Storm Trooper army. Can never have too many light bley.

BigHow

Neo Member
Ok I've done a few test sales of the X- Agents and everything seems in order. I'm still gonna do a "soft launch" here on GAF, I've added 20 to the site so anyone who's interested can get in before most others. Please don't spread the word or link yet as I don't want them getting out anywhere but here for the moment

You rule, Wetwired! The fiance is going to go nuts for these when they arrive! Thanks for giving us the early hook up.

kms_md

woot! order #6

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for all the new LEGO set pics.

They are all winners IMO. With all the stuff I'm buying on FF, I am not sure I can get every single one of them on day 1, but I will sure be trying to get most of them.

Toxi

Banned
Looking at the First Order, they're a surprisingly diverse bunch compared to the Empire. We have not just Captain Phasma in a command position, but also a female officer and a POC officer.

Also, Poe's X-Wing has a sexy, sexy, sexy color scheme.

ghostmind

Thanks for all the new LEGO set pics. Some of those pics are really nice resolution. But some are not, hopefully better quality shows up soon!

They are all winners IMO. With all the stuff I'm buying on FF, I am not sure I can get every single one of them on day 1, but I will sure be trying to get most of them.

*edit* nevermind I see you replaced the images with high res versions cool!

What all are you getting on FF?

I'm picking up all the LEGO sets, and I might pick up all the Black Series, plus the Rebels blu-ray, several Journey to the Force Awakens books, and a box of JttFA Topps cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom