• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

JANG reviewed the Ninjago Temple

http://youtu.be/qgqErKN8MAY

Very positive impressions.

I've never, ever had any interest in Ninjago whatsoever (my eyes seriously just glaze past those sets when I'm browsing) but that is one of the coolest sets Lego has done IMO. The characters and little theme-specific touches don't mean anything to me, but just as an ancient Japanese architecture/fantasy mash-up...it's so gorgeous.

I'm not dropping $200 on it, but it's very pretty.

Airjitsu Temple will be an absolute Must Buy for me... i've waited ages for them do do a feudal style japanese architechure set and this is the closest we've come!

TheFuzz

And a question for those that hate opened back playsets like this and Orthanc and whatnot: When you display stuff, is it in a spot that people can see it from any angle? I see so many complaints about opened back sets and wanting to get multiples to close them off, but I genuinely wonder how many people have things displayed where every side is easily viewed when on display.
I would think the open back stuff just means put it on a shelf and only the front or side is visible, but you can easily turn it around to show off the interior if needed.

I have my main LOTR pieces (Orthanc and Bag-End) In a detolf cabinet in a bonus room and everyone that gawks at them wants to see what the inside looks like and likes seeing the cut-away sections that are for "play."

I've never understood the aversion to sets like that because that's how they're meant to be displayed. If you're building a full city setup or something I could see wanting modular-like buildings, but for pieces like this it works much better I think.

Employees at my Lego Store (Potomac Mills) knew nothing about Force Friday or SW sets coming out next week. I assume they were told to deny everything. Lol.

FINALLY! After a Amazon order that went missing and having paid to the wrong Paypal address once, my Milano is finally here. Going to be building that and rewatching GotG tonight I think.

Rootbeer

Banned
Target is the best. $25 off $100 you can't top that (not for LEGO items though, but I'll be getting lots of non LEGO stuff.) Plus RED Card discount. But I will be carefully checking to make sure they have plenty of the items I want before I line up.

I'll then be hitting up TRU immediately after because of the exclusives there.

I'm very fortunate in that Target and TRU are literally next door to each-other in my case. So it will be easy to hit both.

Course, I can't predict what the crowds will be like... I am hoping that since it is on a weekday at midnight and with school/work the next day for most people that it will have SOME impact on keeping the numbers reasonable.

Next morning, I might go to the LEGO store. Or I might order them on shop.lego.com, I haven't fully decided yet.

R-User!

Rootbeer

Banned
Toys R Us, then perhaps Target. Maybe Walmart after that. Disney store the next morning; free pin with purchase. Probably buy something there.

I'd have to work some magic to be able to get to the Disney store. It's very spread off from the other stores I'm hitting. I'm considering it though. Mainly I just want Target, TRU and LEGO stores. I don't have any other Disney pins so hopefully I can live without that one too.

I actually have Orthanc displayed on top of a terrarium which is near the wall so no one that isn't actively looking for it can see the backside without turning Orthanc around at least a little...

In that way, it DOES look totally enclosed to bystanders. I'd recommend this as well, otherwise if you place it in the middle of a room or whatever, it'd look awkward imo.

also: i just put a couple things in my cart in a Bricklink shop only to notice at checkout it won't let me buy since i didn't hit their minimum buy of, get this, a THOUSAND DOLLARS.

WTF??? is this common? Normally in my experience BL shops have minimum buys of 5, 10 or at the most 20 dollars. So you're telling me i couldn't even buy 2 freakin Death Stars off of this guy if i wanted to since it wouldn't fit the minimum buy criteria? Is this a bulk only store or what?

Definitely not common. Maybe it was a typo. They owner probably is wondering why he doesn't get any orders. :)

Can you PM me the store? Or just post in this thread. I'm super curious what they carry that they are able to have such a high minimum.

Ryuuroden

I actually have Orthanc displayed on top of a terrarium which is near the wall so no one that isn't actively looking for it can see the backside without turning Orthanc around at least a little...

In that way, it DOES look totally enclosed to bystanders. I'd recommend this as well, otherwise if you place it in the middle of a room or whatever, it'd look awkward imo.

also: i just put a couple things in my cart in a Bricklink shop only to notice at checkout it won't let me buy since i didn't hit their minimum buy of, get this, a THOUSAND DOLLARS.

WTF??? is this common? Normally in my experience BL shops have minimum buys of 5, 10 or at the most 20 dollars. So you're telling me i couldn't even buy 2 freakin Death Stars off of this guy if i wanted to since it wouldn't fit the minimum buy criteria? Is this a bulk only store or what?

I have seen stores that set the minimum that you have to buy out the entire store. They had the best prices out there too but you had to buy everything they had.

Koren

Definitely not common. Maybe it was a typo. They owner probably is wondering why he doesn't get any orders. :)
That could be a way to say "I'm to busy now to deal with the shop, but if someone really want to place a large enough order, I'll find the time"...

How easy it is to "suspend" a store for a couple weeks without having to go through a lot of trouble when you open it again?

Rootbeer

Banned
Unless you want to try to get some of the TFA polybags which are rumored to be available on Force Friday.

What do you know about these rumors? You don't mean the C-3PO one do you? I thought that was already thought be later this year, not FF. Any other details?

For the first time in a year, I just stood at the counter feeling bags. Got the full set, but boy do I hate myself. It's like I'm chasing the dragon again.

Guys. GUYS GUYS!

I won one of the Batpods! They just now sent me the e-mail.

I'm in shock :|

Awesome! I'm jelly.

In other news, I hear Double VIP points is Oct 1-4.

20955980645_1d12ccd281_c.jpg

LEGO Dimensions Midway Arcade Gamer Level Pack (71235) by Allen Tran, on Flickr

I can't bring myself to buy that pack for the minifig and I assume printed arcade machine. I think that's the first time they have the 1x1 round plate with a hole in black used for the joystick. The white mudguard is uncommon, although it was in a recent polybag a year or two ago.

I may change my mind if I play the game and that level has a tone of Midway classic arcade IPs.

That could be a way to say "I'm to busy now to deal with the shop, but if someone really want to place a large enough order, I'll find the time"...

How easy it is to "suspend" a store for a couple weeks without having to go through a lot of trouble when you open it again?

that was actually it... i contacted the guy and sure enough he said they're on vacation right now which is why they set it that way UGH.

Jimbro72

They've become far too clever now with the timing of their free promos. No longer do they sometimes have 2-3 run concurrently to where with the right combo of items bought, you can score more than 1 freebie on an order. Now you gotta order in the beginning of the month to get the double VIP. Middle of the month to assure you get the free holiday train before they run out and then the end of the month to get the final SW poster (though possible a holiday train, if they're still available). So I guess Oct is going to be a 3 purchase month for me from S@H, unless I skip the double VIP weekend. Or I'll at least limit my purchases that particular weekend. I might depend on what all I get in Sept with all that new stuff coming out, too.

Ponn

Banned
Guys. GUYS GUYS!

I won one of the Batpods! They just now sent me the e-mail.

I'm in shock :|

Congrats! Now you have to get the Tumbler if you dont have it already.

Trickster get! No accessories but if you want to copy his feet spring you can do it with 3 or 4 of those trans blue studs on each foot. I appreciate the Flash rogues but why do we still have no Cheetah when she has been in the movies and games so much? She better be in a set next year with the parts they have now from the tigress cmf.

Man bad form on Lego manipulating the calendar promos like that. Honestly that holiday train takes precedence. I beat thats going to go fast. Dont they have double VIP points on brickfriday?

Taisaijin

I think that's the first time they have the 1x1 round plate with a hole in black used for the joystick.

Actually a decent number of these were actually included in the Detective's Office.

that was actually it... i contacted the guy and sure enough he said they're on vacation right now which is why they set it that way UGH.

Makes a lot more sense. He probably didn't know about the feature to "close" the store. A person can close their store for any period of time. I knew about it because I've seen some stores closed.

Nothing about Echo Base...

Looks like a good time to buy Toy Shop if you can get your hands on it. I think demand will be high.

peely

Neo Member
Perfect timing. That is when I'll be recovering the wallet devastation on Force Friday and about ready to get the Temple of Airjitzu!

Sadly, I'm at the same point. As much as I want to order the Temple now, I'll wait and get the Toy Shop at the same time.

Curses.

From the Action Figure thread... LEGO isn't the only ones releasing buildable blind bags in a Halloween theme this year

Check these out

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176819259&postcount=4251

IMAG3117.jpg

I wish LEGO would follow suit of Minimates and have a collectible DC & Marvel line of CMFs that have a more limited demographic. Minimates has done a billion super hero figures. I think Pop! is the only other one that has done more variation and different IPs. Pop has done everything under the sun I think.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/mainList.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom