• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating on whether I should get wall E now or wait until they released the revised version. Do we know when the new version is gonna be out? I don't want to be waiting months

Huh, interesting. I might just skip wall E for now and get darth Vader if that's the case.

I'm getting Wall-E as soon as possible (hopefully tonight). Whatever fix they introduce, I can copy. It's not like the thing would need shipping back to be replaced, I probably already have parts to fix it too.

Still thinking about what else to get. Options include a bunch of CMF14, a mug, the Mystery Machine, or all of the above. Although maybe I'll just skip the figures since I already have most of what I want so statistically I'm likely to get doubles.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heading to my LEGO store tomorrow for minifigures, advent calendars, halloween seasonal set (I'll ask if they have thanksgiving just in case)

kms_md

my wall*e is preparing for shipment from amazon.

i plan on swinging by the Lego Store tomorrow for minifigs and the seasonal set(s).

I'm getting Wall-E as soon as possible (hopefully tonight). Whatever fix they introduce, I can copy. It's not like the thing would need shipping back to be replaced, I probably already have parts to fix it too.

Still thinking about what else to get. Options include a bunch of CMF14, a mug, the Mystery Machine, or all of the above. Although maybe I'll just skip the figures since I already have most of what I want so statistically I'm likely to get doubles.

That is, only if you don't use the awesome powers of bagfeeling you mean ;)

Fishlake

My, god. It's beautiful.

I have no idea what the story is behind any of the characters, and honestly it doesn't affect my feelings on the set at all. I kind of like having a blank slate and just having a bunch of ninjas fighting each other.

When Ninjago first came out, I was in the dark ages. I had been tempted by stuff, and upon seeing LEGO ninjas, I was immediately drawn to it. But almost all the sets left me cold. Even after coming back into the LEGO fold in 2012, almost all the Ninjago stuff just looked like a disappointment to me. It was all mechs or tanks, or some other stuff that I personally never wanted when I thought of ninjas. I wanted awesome temples or ships, maybe throw in some mystical stuff to play up some cliches. Sure, some sets here and there tempted me, and some of the dragons looked decent, but nothing screamed out to me to buy immediately.

Well, it seems that Ninjago finally achieved black belt rank. The summer sets all are calling to me hard. Creepy zombie ninjas? Awesome! Wait, a zombie dragon with ninjas riding it? Sign me up! I need to get all of them.

But this temple is what the theme should have always been in my opinion. Just enough touches to hit some silly stuff and cliches, but enough class to it to look like classical Japanese architecture.

The build is wonderful and there are some really cool techniques that I am going to steal (like the way the leaves are attached to the trees), and a few "duh!" moments. The stairs in particular are one of the "duh!" moments. There is nothing fancy to it at all, but it is done using some parts that were new last year and it is so obvious that this is what they should have been used for instead of angled walls.

Just a magnificent set from beginning to end. Lots of playability, lots of great figures, and it looks awesome on display. And yes, I played with the light brick theater quite a few times while building it.

I cannot recommend this set enough. I am just beaming after building it, as I finally have a ninja set that I always wanted.

Wow it really does look amazing it might be my 3rd Ninjago set. It give me a Medieval Market Village vibe and that was one of my favorite sets. I'll wait for double VIP points and order it then. The only thing I'll have to worry about is money to get the thing.

What is the story behind this?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=110900

18885551505_1968cbc989_c.jpg

Ryuuroden

You get this "rare" piece that someone on LEGOGAF bought up a big portion of the world supply..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176973231&postcount=15015

What is the story behind this?

One of our Lego-gaf members bought up approximately five trillion of them for an impossibly huge orthanc moc.

Teheheheehehehehhehehhehehehehe.

It's ok, I now have a new part that I have a large percentage of the available stock of. I think it will become a tradition for my builds.

Fishlake

More Bionicle sets

71312 Ekimu the Mask Maker
71313 Lava Beast
71314 Storm Beast
71316 Umarak the Destroyer

Website trick works. "Product not found"

Teheheheehehehehhehehhehehehehe.

It's ok, I now have a new part that I have a large percentage of the available stock of. I think it will become a tradition for my builds.

If you keep doing that, they may not be able to get the seed pieces they use in the Iron Builder contests. If anyone doesn't know about the contests, they include some of the best builders around the world.

This is the current Iron Builder competition.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2167827@N22/discuss/72157656560236982/

Yay thanks! Wondering if these are still first round Bionicle or other sets. Cool to see Ekimu again.

Considering there's two Umaraks its probably the summer wave, I bet something happens to him in the story. If its not, then the sets must have been selling very well as that's a sizeable increase in number over the last winter wave!

Fishlake

Considering there's two Umaraks its probably the summer wave, I bet something happens to him in the story. If its not, then the sets must have been selling very well as that's a sizeable increase in number over the last winter wave!

I'm willing to bet on summer. If it is all one wave I feel really sorry for the Bionicle completionists.

Ryuuroden

Ryu, you are insane! This looks awesome!

Thanks, check out my flickr page. I also got featured on sites like Kotaku and Brothers Brick.

What was your estimated % of ownership before?

I own over 3000 of those bricks now, There are currently 1432 of them listed worldwide on Bricklink. Obviously there are far more of them out there but that's all that is pretty much easily available for sale on not sitting in peoples collections.

And missing the post where I taunted you for making your percentage of pieces owned go down.

I saw it, I just didn't reply to it the first time. I look forward to eventually buying that set.

Ryuuroden

When can we expect leaked pics of upcoming stuff like nexo knights?

I don't expect to be particularly amazed by the first wave at least. All the sets seem to be small sets. However if they have cool minifig weapons and accessories and armor I will be all in, in order to supply my builds.

Fishlake

I really want to see the Nexo knights just to see what kind of style they are going for. The names give me more questions than answers. I think my mind may be fantasizing them too much.

I don't expect to be particularly amazed by the first wave at least. All the sets seem to be small sets. However if they have cool minifig weapons and accessories and armor I will be all in, in order to supply my builds.

Wave 1 of Galaxy Squad was superior to wave 2. Even if wave 2 had Hive Crawler. But wave 1 had Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer. That set the expectations for wave 2.

Ryuuroden

-Bookshop
-Library
-Museum
-Antique Shop
-Butcher
-Drugstore
-Confectionery (sweets shop)
-Haberdashery (mens clothing store)
-Deli
-Hardware Store
-Liquor Store (like hell that will happen)
-Patisserie
-Tea Room
-Sports Store/Outfitter
-Church
-Doctors Office
-Bank
-Courthouse
-Pub (it could happen they would just make it a juice pub!)
-Coffee Shop
-A Moustachery (hehehe)

These are all possible buildings I would like to see.

-Bookshop- Already did it myself. I wanna make a bigger and better one someday.
-Library- Likely, and I would love it. Obviously based on my MOC last year.
-Museum- Likely. Just take some cues from Research Institute
-Antique Shop- I am not sure how to pull it off well. The antiques would have to be small.
-Butcher- Not going to happen. Do we have a room with a side of beef hanging?
-Drugstore- Not going to happen.
-Confectionery (sweets shop)- That will probably happen. Or be one floor of a different building.
-Haberdashery (mens clothing store)- If it happens, it will be part of a building instead of standalone.
-Hardware Store- Ditto.
-Liquor Store (like hell that will happen)- Never going to happen.
-Patisserie- Maybe combine that with the sweets shop.
-Tea Room- Ditto. Or combine it with a coffee shop.
-Sports Store/Outfitter- If it happens, it will be part of a bigger building.
-Church- Nothing religious will ever happen.
-Doctors Office- That would be a nice change of pace to a full hospital.
-Bank- That would be neat. Maybe have a vault floor.
-Courthouse- Maybe combine that with a police station or lawyer office.
-Pub (it could happen they would just make it a juice pub!)- Or a coffee bar!
-Coffee Shop- This will happen at some point, even if it combines with something else.
-A Moustachery (hehehe)- Free rides all day!

Uh, oh!

EDIT: Impatiently waiting for LEGO S@H to update so I can order Wall-E (maybe) and get to bed. I don't want to chance it being sold out in the morning when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom