• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
That is a big set at over 2500 pieces. I'm guessing it will be over $300 CAD. It will hit home with a lot of adult collectors who grew up with the show but the price might scare some off them off.

It's a great piece to display minifigs and makes an awesome playset for kids.

Jimbro72

I'm still in for the bat cave. Just have to figure out when it will be purchased. Sad about the price, I though $200, maybe $250, so seeing it above even that sucks.

TheFuzz

Yeah..... I don't know now. Sub-$200 was an easy sell, but $100 more than a modular? Still want it, but that price burns.

Aside from the blurry box pics, I'm curious (as is the rest of EB) where this person got the piece count and price from considering Lego asked them to remove the pictures. Odd they'd ask them to take the pictures down and still release that kind of information to one person.

Wanderer5

Amazon continues to amaze me to have my order come in a day earlier than expected when I get something from Prime. Getting Clash of the Heroes today, can't wait.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well well well... what do we have here then? 60s Batman Cave...

I am disappointed as well as excited about this set from that one pic so far:

- Love the figs from what we can tell so far, dat Commissioner Gordon, but mostly DAT CESAR ROMERO JOKER/aka secret best Joker!! He looks amazing from what little i can tell here, hopefully the final fig will live up to it!

- Great looking Batmobile, not a fan of helicopters so this Batcopter does not impress me all that much but that's ok.

- What an amazing looking room, and is that... oldschool wallpaper there? The globe etc. (wasn't that in Town Hall as well?) loving the general look as well as that outside on the rear!!!

- ... which brings me to the do not like part of this thing: I somehow do not like the REST of the set, you know the actual set? What is that huge brown WALL supposed to represent? Just a lot of empty space and only semi-decent looking cave/wall structure there. So far i don't dig this part, but hopefully as we will see clearer pictures and all, i will warm up to it.

Overall though this is probably a must buy based on the figs and the Batmobile alone :)
That's not Gordon, it's Alfred. Still cool though.

Damn you may be right... so Gordon's not in at ALL then? :( hopefully he's still coming in a later set then

Even worse, no Egghead or King Tut! :) Need Batgirl! and not as an convention/show exclusive.

latest

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I love the Nexo Knights mechs so much. King's Mech in particular is just gorgeous. It looks so badass from every angle.
My favorite part is how well both of them pose. I can get them into a wide variety of poses very easily.

Just about to build the mech/golem thingy that comes with Jestro's Evil Mobile, so I'll have one more guy to add to that fight!

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't like to hear that next year is supposed to be Batman year... The DC comic hereo sets at the moment still rely way to much on Batman.

Not a fan of the 60s show and the set itself also doesn't look that hot except for the Batmobile.

Kings Mech is very badass indeed. I love how you can change some angle on the sword to make it look better at some angles.

Edit: and those joint extension parts are so weird. I have no idea what else to use them for.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I think these mechanical hover horse things might be my favorite Lego creations ever. Seriously. I am so in love with them.
I think I might have to keep an eye on Ebay to find people selling just those from the sets so I can get a nice little army of them. Or if Lego ever releases a small $10 set with one of those in it, I'll buy a ton of them.
Or I can just hope that they're a standard thing for the Nexo Knights line that will be included in some sets for every single wave.
Regardless, I need a ton of them.

Kings Mech is very badass indeed. I love how you can change some angle on the sword to make it look better at some angles.

Edit: and those joint extension parts are so weird. I have no idea what else to use them for.

Yes! I was super happy about that as well.

And yeah, totally agreed. That part had me very confused. At first I thought it was a double joint sort of thing, but nope.

So I think these mechanical hover horse things might be my favorite Lego creations ever. Seriously. I am so in love with them.
I think I might have to keep an eye on Ebay to find people selling just those from the sets so I can get a nice little army of them. Or if Lego ever releases a small $10 set with one of those in it, I'll buy a ton of them.
Or I can just hope that they're a standard thing for the Nexo Knights line that will be included in some sets for every single wave.

The blue and trans orange color scheme is slowly growing on me. I did a quick look at the instructions for the mechanical steed. There should be an abundance of the trans orange and the new triangle slope brick thingy as they are used a ton in Nexo sets. The only part that would be hard to bricklink is
the dirt bike motorcycle fairing. Very creative use putting it on backwards. It only comes in dark blue in 1 non-Nexo set. A swamp police one.

The one Nexo set that I still find unappealing is Lance's Mecha Horse. It's much cooler knowing it transforms into a bike, but the horse looks a bit ugly to me.

Hero

Ordered the Cuusoo Exo Suit, it's on sale for 25 dollars on Amazon and Target.

Looks pretty awesome, is it a fun/good set?

This DVD set has been hovering around the $25 CDN mark since release. Have any Canadians seen it discounted? I'd love the fig but not at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QSBGKW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit:

It's a fun build with some clever techniques. It's definitely more of a "display" set rather than a play one given how fragile some of the connections are but I think it looks great. Plus, classic Space figs in green are always a plus.

Hero

This DVD set has been hovering around the $25 CDN mark since release. Have any Canadians seen it discounted? I'd love the fig but not at that price.

Edit:

It's a fun build with some clever techniques. It's definitely more of a "display" set rather than a play one given how fragile some of the connections are but I think it looks great. Plus, classic Space figs in green are always a plus.

Ahh, yeah, that's what I meant. I build my sets and display them for a while. Very little actual playing.

I liked it a lot. I have 2 already and would buy another at that price if there wasn't so many other LEGO sets I want. There are a few parts that can fall off if you look at it the wrong way. Main structure is solid. It's some of the greeble that is loose.

Confirmed by Paul Feig on Twitter, more LEGO Ghostbusters sets on the way!

Wonder how many sets there will be. Most likely the new car at least. I hope they have some good ghost minifigs.

3N16MA

Banned
The more I think about the Batcave the more it becomes a definite pass. At over $300 CAD I would have preferred TLG gone all out and just do Wayne Manor. Could have done it HH style and open it up to reveal the inside including the Batcave.

willp2003

I liked it a lot. I have 2 already and would buy another at that price if there wasn't so many other LEGO sets I want. There are a few parts that can fall off if you look at it the wrong way. Main structure is solid. It's some of the greeble that is loose

I found it was the shoulder parts that were a bit loose, but you can put a 3L bar through it to hold it together. Getting the correct colour can be expensive but I just bought the cheapest I could off bricklink.
It's a cool set though.

3N16MA

Banned

Edit:

The Blu-Ray is $22.96 and the DVD $14.88 at Walmart and Amazon.ca.

I bought two at full price last year cuz I wasn't sure how long it would stick around. I'm tempted to get another but so many new sets...

I love greebling so it was a really fun set for me. Also green classic space minifigs. The turtle is great too, and the background extras are useful. Oh no I think I'm gonna buy another.

I bought two at full price last year cuz I wasn't sure how long it would stick around. I'm tempted to get another but so many new sets...

I love greebling so it was a really fun set for me. Also green classic space minifigs. The turtle is great too, and the background extras are useful. Oh no I think I'm gonna buy another.
Put that money towards the superior mech. The King's Mech. The mech we deserve.

ghostmind

Yeah, the hover horses are one of the drawing factors to the theme for me as well.

Waiting to see what they show in a few weeks at Toy Fair before I make any more purchases.

After stretching the build out over two weeks, I finally finished Fortrex tonight.
I agree with JANG's review that it is a really awesome play set and lots of fun features. The build had a few neat segments to it, but it didn't really grab me immediately like Jestro's Evil Mobile did.

I took a bunch of pictures as I went of some techniques and parts that I liked, and will post them soon.

But if I could use an analogy that many here will understand:
To compare Fortrex to Jestro's Evil Mobile would be like comparing the Galactic Titan to the Bug Obliterator in Galaxy Squad.

Let's hope that wave two gives me a comparable Hive Crawler...

EDIT: But to compare mechs between the themes, I would rate King's Mech above the Eradicator Mech. King's Mech is truly kingly. I expected to like the set, but the more I play with it, the more I fall in love with it. It might be my easiest 2016 set to recommend so far.
And with it being a retail exclusive, that means people should jump on it sooner rather than later.

teeny

Had a really crappy couple of long days at work which made this week especially miserable. Walked in today in the rain, forgot my umbrella and got drenched and very cold.

So I bought Rey's Speeder to build at my desk and cheer me up :D

Probably not as awesome a £20 set as 76039 Ant-Man Final Battle but its close. I would have liked a BB-8 with this set too, but what can you do :p

That done, back to work I guess :(

Osahi

. I would have liked a BB-8 with this set too, but what can you do :p

Grab the X-Wing. Or better yet: the Falcon!

(You're right though, I would rather have seen BB-8 then the thug, though that would mean I'd have three of the little droids. I'm still hoping on a brick built set of this:

Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-Teedo-Luggabeast.jpg

Would fit awesomely with the speeder.

Anyway, seems like the Resistance Troop Transport, the constractions and the microfighters won't drop in regular stores here untill the 16th. Was tempted to grab Rey, Kylo and three of the microfighters on S@H, but I can probably save some euro's when I wait... Also really hoping Amazon.de goes under RRP for the transporter. It is at 69,99 preorder price now. Would be an easier pill to swallow if it was closer to 60.

teeny

Grab the X-Wing. Or better yet: the Falcon!

(You're right though, I would rather have seen BB-8 then the thug, though that would mean I'd have three of the little droids. I'm still hoping on a brick built set of this:

Would fit awesomely with the speeder.

Anyway, seems like the Resistance Troop Transport, the constractions and the microfighters won't drop in regular stores here untill the 16th. Was tempted to grab Rey, Kylo and three of the microfighters on S@H, but I can probably save some euro's when I wait... Also really hoping Amazon.de goes under RRP for the transporter. It is at 69,99 preorder price now. Would be an easier pill to swallow if it was closer to 60.

I'm not too keen on the X-Wing as I already have a 9493 and feel it is too similar (priorities!)

The Falcon, however, is definitely on my list.

I love that creature design, a brick built version of it would be very interesting indeed. Anything Jakku would be good, I loved the design of that place - it was like a really run down and primitive Tatooine. It was like the only reason anyone was on the planet was to scavenge the remnants of a thirty year old battle. The natives were basically living in tents and the offworlder camps were cobbled together - nothing like Tatoonie's space ports. Rey really got a rough deal having to grow up there compared to Luke who at least had a family, a job and some hobbies. The worst thing that ever happened to him was not being able to buy some power converters :p

TheFuzz

Does anyone else get a "Dark Souls" vibe from some of the monsters in the Nexo Knights theme? Some of the "beast" builds are giving me that vibe, in a good way.

willp2003

I had no interest in nexo knights until you lot have been talking about the king's mech. Might have to get that now, but I think I'd try and change the right arm into a normal one and make a big shield or something.

I had no interest in nexo knights until you lot have been talking about the king's mech. Might have to get that now, but I think I'd try and change the right arm into a normal one and make a big shield or something.
That's what is cool. It looks like a big shield, but he can shoot it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom