• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Imperial Assault Carrier on Amazon Warehouse for $77... Very tempting. It's such an ugly ship, but it's a 1200+ piece Star Wars set for just $77. Doesn't get much cheaper than that. Haha

Also, I always see the Lego Architecture White House sets on Amazon Warehouse for just over $40 and I'm always tempted. I love me some politics, so I really want to get that set soon.
The Architecture sets have always been such a hard sell for me though, because although the finished product looks good, they're so tiny and they look like they'd be no fun to build at all, so I just can't convince myself to buy them.

The one Nexo set that I still find unappealing is Lance's Mecha Horse. It's much cooler knowing it transforms into a bike, but the horse looks a bit ugly to me.

Totally agree. I love the concept, but it just looks so ugly and unfinished.

Bunch of damn enablers. Kings Mech and Infernox ordered and on the way.

Aww yes. Well done. You won't be disappointed.

Might have to get that now, but I think I'd try and change the right arm into a normal one and make a big shield or something.

I kind of felt the same way about that arm before I bought and built the set, but when you see it in real life, it makes much more sense visually. It really looks like a giant shield rather than just a tiny ship attached to the arm.

I'm really warming up on the Nexo Knights as well. I've gone from hating the theme to merely disliking it!

I didn't like Ninjago or Chima either, and this is obviously the same target audience so it's no real surprise I wouldn't dig it.

Looked in the back of the latest Chima magazine and a Nexo Knights magazine is indeed coming this year, my son will be happy and it's often a cheap way to get w nice minifigure.

Osahi

I'm really warming up on the Nexo Knights as well. I've gone from hating the theme to merely disliking it!

I didn't like Ninjago or Chima either, and this is obviously the same target audience so it's no real surprise I wouldn't dig it.

It's the same here (though I am getting impressed with Ninjago lately. I'll just never jump in) The King's Mech looks mighty tempting, and some of those bad guys are very cool. But I don't like the overall designs and the color scheme of it.

Does anyone else get a "Dark Souls" vibe from some of the monsters in the Nexo Knights theme? Some of the "beast" builds are giving me that vibe, in a good way.

I haven't played Dark Souls but... the bad guys are definitely giving me a strong WoW Burning Crusade vibe.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know how the Lego Online store handles combined orders of stuff that is in stock and stuff that is not in stock but will be after a certain date according to them?

Do they send the available sets out right away, then you get the rest later in a separate order or do they wait until everything is ready, then send out one giant order?

Wanderer5

Sheesh all this talk about that King's Mech lol. Does look pretty damn awesome, even through I still don't really care for the theme otherwise. How long do retail exclusive tend to last?

If anybody has a right to complain about Lego prices it's Denmark.

Is it really that bad at Lego's homeland?:p

TheFuzz

I haven't played Dark Souls but... the bad guys are definitely giving me a strong WoW Burning Crusade vibe.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know how the Lego Online store handles combined orders of stuff that is in stock and stuff that is not in stock but will be after a certain date according to them?

Do they send the available sets out right away, then you get the rest later in a separate order or do they wait until everything is ready, then send out one giant order?

In my experiences, send what's available as soon as they can.

Had a really crappy couple of long days at work which made this week especially miserable. Walked in today in the rain, forgot my umbrella and got drenched and very cold.

So I bought Rey's Speeder to build at my desk and cheer me up :D

Probably not as awesome a £20 set as 76039 Ant-Man Final Battle but its close. I would have liked a BB-8 with this set too, but what can you do :p

That done, back to work I guess :(

Good to hear LEGO bringing happiness.

Grab the X-Wing. Or better yet: the Falcon!

(You're right though, I would rather have seen BB-8 then the thug, though that would mean I'd have three of the little droids. I'm still hoping on a brick built set of this:

Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-Teedo-Luggabeast.jpg

Would fit awesomely with the speeder.

Anyway, seems like the Resistance Troop Transport, the constractions and the microfighters won't drop in regular stores here untill the 16th. Was tempted to grab Rey, Kylo and three of the microfighters on S@H, but I can probably save some euro's when I wait... Also really hoping Amazon.de goes under RRP for the transporter. It is at 69,99 preorder price now. Would be an easier pill to swallow if it was closer to 60.

LEGO does that on purpose. They were guessing BB-8 would be one of the in-demand "minifigs". They are milking it, but eventually he will come down to less expensive sets. I can't wait to see what stuff LEGO does with the BB-8 moulds. We've already seen R2-D2/astromech parts used in many different ways.

Damn, I can't wait until Nexo Knights turn up in stores. My first set is still in shipping limbo somewhere. After that, I'll probably grab one or two more in stores - most likely Infernox to get Aaron with the horse. As usual, getting everyone costs a ton, especially if you want Axl too (I don't). But I'm assuming that everyone will get a release eventually. Clay doesn't even have an option for the horse yet.

I had no idea Bricklink was a website until I came across this thread. Just placed my first order for a bunch of parts. Cheers to you all!

Imperial Assault Carrier on Amazon Warehouse for $77... Very tempting. It's such an ugly ship, but it's a 1200+ piece Star Wars set for just $77. Doesn't get much cheaper than that. Haha
It's still on there but I'm gonna pass. It's not a ship I want and I wouldn't have an immediate use for most of those parts. Hate passing on deals like that though.

It's still on there but I'm gonna pass. It's not a ship I want and I wouldn't have an immediate use for most of those parts. Hate passing on deals like that though.

Feel the same way. This is probably the ugliest ship in the Star Wars universe. Saw it on sale recently here as well (88€), but that ship is such a beast.

Noticed they have some new transparent bootlegs of the Marvel and DC Super Heroes:

Marvel-Super-Heroes-Series-The-Avengers-Transparent-Crystal-8-Pcs-Set-Action-Minifigures-Building-Toys-Compatible.jpg_640x640.jpg

Marvel-Super-Heroes-Series-The-Avengers-Transparent-Crystal-8-Pcs-Set-Action-Minifigures-Building-Toys-Compatible.jpg_640x640.jpg

These are so strange. Why am I still a little bit tempted?

wetwired

Feel the same way. This is probably the ugliest ship in the Star Wars universe. Saw it on sale recently here as well (88€), but that ship is such a beast.

Noticed they have some new transparent bootlegs of the Marvel and DC Super Heroes:

These are so strange. Why am I still a little bit tempted?

I bought them, they've been around for a while, I still don't know why :p

Off topic I had a dream Ideas announced the next review and a Matrix submission got through, then I woke up :(

wetwired

Grab the X-Wing. Or better yet: the Falcon!

(You're right though, I would rather have seen BB-8 then the thug, though that would mean I'd have three of the little droids. I'm still hoping on a brick built set of this:

Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-Teedo-Luggabeast.jpg

I saw a brick built one of these recently online, I can't bloody find it now though

there are minifigs included inthose magazines? Damn I need to get on that train

Tends to be a minifigure every other month with the other months being small builds, normally nothing too extraordinary a lot of the ninjago ones are variants of the main 4 guys but still nice figures to add to a collection.

Magazine is usually £3.99 here

The Star Wars ones never include a minifigure though they tend to be micro builds of ships etc like the advent calender.

I really like that, but was curious what the eye piece was. Looks like it's a homemade sticker.

I wonder what the discount could get to if no one is buying it once they need to clear it from stock. The B-Wing UCS went to 50% on S&H iirc.

It's RRP is $130 but it's discounted on amazon for $95, which is already really good for a SW 1,200 piece set.

Wanderer5

Just got out Clash of the Heroes. The Batman and Superman minifigure are sure awesome looking. Interesting enough, Superman's cape has a different and better fabric compare to Batman's, which seems like the common fabric.

Just got out Clash of the Heroes. The Batman and Superman minifigure are sure awesome looking. Interesting enough, Superman's cape has a different and better fabric compare to Batman's, which seems like the common fabric.

They started doing that with 2015 super hero sets. I have mixed feelings about it. Overall it is an upgrade. Only minor gripe I have is it's bulkier and much more noticeable around the neck.

No one's talking about that one. I guess I can skip it. Are the legs and lower jaws trans orange BURPs?

Oh we have talked about it (maybe it was previous thread). From the pictures alone, several people including myself were interested. It's just that nobody has bought and built it yet. :)

No one's talking about that one. I guess I can skip it. Are the legs and lower jaws trans orange BURPs?

They started doing that with 2015 super hero sets. I have mixed feelings about it. Overall it is an upgrade. Only minor gripe I have is it's bulkier and much more noticeable around the neck.

Oh we have talked about it (maybe it was previous thread). From the pictures alone, several people including myself were interested. It's just that nobody has bought and built it yet. :)
Fine, I shall build it now! *maniacal laugh*

It makes every hero look like they're wearing a turtleneck! I prefer the thinner older ones.

I was surprised and pleased to see a lonely Ocean HQ set at Toys R Us. A bunch of themes are 30% off this week (TMNT, TLM, Chima, and UA). With the credit card discount it came out to $63.

It makes every hero look like they're wearing a turtleneck! I prefer the thinner older ones.

I was surprised and pleased to see a lonely Ocean HQ set at Toys R Us. A bunch of themes are 30% off this week (TMNT, TLM, Chima, and UA). With the credit card discount it came out to $63.

You are in for a treat. Enjoy the set!

Wanderer5

Ah that fabric is recent. I can see what you guys mean regarding it showing quite a bit around the neck, but don't think it is that bothersome.

Oh, Infernox was very, very nice. Just a notch below King's Mech, but just barely. Definitely a worthy adversary.
Buying both of those is only $55, and gets you two awesome sets to do battle with, as well as one of the flying robot horses.

Will get some pics up soon.

Picked up Infernox Captures the Queen.

I think my plan for Nexo is to get all the exclusives now, and wait for sales on everything else. Might just wait to open the exclusives to see if there are sales. The King's Mech is the only one knocking my socks off.

Before I get to the mech and the demon, just a point about a random and weird new piece:

It is just a ball joint extender. I really can't think of any other reason for it existing or other uses for it. I am sure I will find one eventually, like reversing it to make a decorative texture on a building, but it is such a random piece.

But, onto the main event! (and sorry for crap pictures. I haven't played with the new camera enough nor gotten good lighting. But they should still be fine)

King's Mech next to his mortal enemy, Infernox. Keep in mind that these pictures are with zero stickers applied.

The King's Mech is extremely posable, and looks dynamic doing almost anything. The sword can be swiveled so the blade is showing from just about any angle. A very nice little touch. Positioning the shield ship thingie on the left arm is harder. I had to remove it then put it in at another angle for this shot, but it is still easily done and looks awesome once complete.

Infernox. I love the way the jaw opens up in three directions, making it so you can hide a figure inside, like the kidnapped queen. Or you can just make him look all cool and badass.

But, let's say you also have Jestro's Evil Mobile, and the lil fire demon guy from that set.

Infernox is designed to connect to the Evil Mobile as well, so Jestro can have the biggest and baddest pulling his chariot!

The more I play with Infernox, the more I am smitten with it. It is a tie game right now between it and the King's Mech for awesomeness right now. And the fact that both are on the cheaper end of the price scale just makes them that much easier to recommend.

For now with Nexo Knights, it is Kings Mech = Infernox > Jestro's Evil Mobile >> Fortrex.
I will finish the rest of the line in the next week or three. I have them all, but not built.

And quoting myself from page 1 when I first built Jestro's Evil Mobile.

The pic I took shows two studs inside. In fact, in the build you put a 1x2 tile inside of it. It seems to be only slightly larger than the old book molds at first glance. I don't have any handy for actual reference though. But the grip at the edge for figures to grab is a very welcome addition.

Anyways, PICS!

This was in the first part of the build, when you are making the small robot horse thingie. The SNOT work in this little bit is so obvious that I am ashamed I didn't think of doing it that way before.

One of the useful new pieces. One stud smaller in each side than the old pieces like this. It will be much easier to integrate this into builds for stability.

More new stuff, at least for me. The 1x1 pyramids are going to be especially popular with MOCcers I think.

Neconomicon, ex brickus. The brick of the dead.

Not Balrog pulls the Evil Mobile.

Jestro, the offspring of Kefka from FFVI and Destro from GI Joe.

The robot horse thingie. Really awesome lil build.

More Not Balrog.

The Evil Mobile. The wheels are really cool, and I love how rolling it makes the jaw move up and down slowly. Great play feature there.

Jester's throne can be raised up...

...or lowered for protection.

The back end also opens up to hide whatever inside.

This was a really, really awesome set. I was not expecting such a fun build out of this thing. I hope the rest of the line lives up to the surprise of this set. Tomorrow is Fortrex time!

Thanks for buying it :)

In my mind, I view it as your fault for why we are getting more Ghostbusters sets and spending more money. If you didn't get that set made, we wouldn't be getting more Ghostbusters stuff and going even more broke than we were before.

Thank you for that.

EDIT: Just built Moltar's Lave Smasher. That was a really fun set as well. Not anything I would rush out to get, but would still recommend grabbing at some point. The moving lava fist thingies are pretty cool when in use.

3N16MA

Banned
The Ecto-1 is the Ideas set that will never die. I think it speaks to its popularity that it is still going strong and even featured in LEGO stores. wetwired spawned a whole LEGO line.

wetwired

The Ecto-1 is the Ideas set that will never die. I think it speaks to its popularity that it is still going strong and even featured in LEGO stores. wetwired spawned a whole LEGO line.

and here I am waiting another 2 weeks for my firehouse to come in the mail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom