• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Holy Bricks Batman!

Here's a shot of the back of the box as well:

lbqE2Uh.jpg

teeny

Ive been waiting for this for what feels like a very long time. I want it badly, I hope I can afford it when it releases!

Bought the Endor Imperial Shuttle and the Batman vs Superman showdown set yesterday.

Only started the Imp Shuttle so far but the instruction booklet had a typo/missing page or something at one point. It went straight from step 19 to 21, but on consecutive pages, meaning that even if 20 were in there then there would have to be a blank page or something as a buffer. It wasn't a huge deal, but I thought it was interesting.

ghostmind

The Batcave is just the tip of the iceberg for Classic TV Batman LEGO, but it be a while before we see anything more.

Let's just say that 2017 will be the year of Batman.

Batcave looks great. I was hoping for some stickers or something that had sound effects on them. I would love a big brick that said, "POW!" on it to put near figures that were fighting.

That Batcave is way better than I expected. It was like "POW!" when I saw the pictures. Lego is going to hit it out of the ballpark with that set. Looks like quite a few figures will be included too. Definitely going to be a pricey set $160-$200 in my opinion.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I love how everyone went from hating Nexo Knights to loving Nexo Knights. Such a turnaround.
I'm definitely one of those people too. Haha

News on the '60s Batcave.

Someone's done a sneaky twitter pic from Toy Fair it seems...

Oh. My. Goodness.
I am SO in. I was super excited about this set when I first heard about it and this massively exceeds my expectations. So cool.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Thank-you for this!

As someone who grew up with 60's Batman, this set just shot to the top of my wanted list. So amazing!

Yep, am deferring my Bank purchase to save for this.

What's the word on that Mr Freeze minifig polybag to go with it?

3N16MA

Banned
The Batcave looks good and seems to be a decent size.

I'm a little torn because I was hoping TLG would do a full on Wayne Manor in the near future. This set kind of reduces the chances of that happening.

TheFuzz

That 60's Batcave has exceeded my admittedly-high expectations and is much bigger than I expected. Love the inclusion of all of the vehicles. I'm so excited for this now, I can't wait.

Sold on Batman 60's Batcave!

It has everything I wanted EXCEPT I don't see Batgirl. HUUUGE Disappointment if no Batgirl.

EDIT: I will WHINE incredibly for weeks if Batgirl is a convention/show exclusive!

Fowler

As someone with zero interest in 60s Batman, let me just say: Wow, that Batcave is pretty freaking cool. Great job.

iosefe

time for mini build round two

our list for today is deceptively short and so i expect a ton of people coming in with confirmation emails who aren't on the list.

god help me

Anybody ever successfully get a refund of their shipping costs from LEGO? I paid $52 for expedited shipping on a couple items and they sat in their warehouse for 3-4 days after the shipping email was sent before being picked up by FedEx. Now I have to wait another couple days for them to actually arrive.

Ponn

Banned
Ha, woke up and had a good laugh at the Oculus thread and then click over and get first Batman shot.

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Im guessing but when i squint i can make out sideways building climbing feature. More vehicles than i would like but damn if they dont all look good though. And the cutaway manor was unexpected. Looks like i have a date for valentines day.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just got Jestro's Evil Mobile in the mail! Gotta finish disassembling my Christmas sets, and then it's time to build it! So excited.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm glad they included not just Batman and Robin but their Dick and Bruce as well. That adds a lot of value for me. I agree the lack of Batgirl is sad but since it seems we are getting more 60s sets she is surely coming down the pipe.

boltz

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I'm not a fan of that bat cave set since I don't like the 60s batman designs. I'd be curious to see how well received it is amongst younger lego fans.

Osahi

I want that set for the earth globe alone

will be waaay over my max Lego budget though. So unless I win the lottery...

Fowler

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I'm not a fan of that bat cave set since I don't like the 60s batman designs. I'd be curious to see how well received it is amongst younger lego fans.

That's the funny thing for me, I don't like 60s Batman at all. But they've pulled it off so well that I can't help but admire the job they've done there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got the Lego Star Wars: Small Scenes from a Galaxy photo book today.

Love it. Now I have the itch to start with some basic Lego photography myself, but I'll never be able to get stuff as awesome as this (don't have the material for it to start with, let alone the talent)

Read your post this morning. Ordered from Amazon at 7:30am. It just got delivered at 7:30pm. Free delivery too. crazy. Nice hardback book.

Well well well... what do we have here then? 60s Batman Cave...

I am disappointed as well as excited about this set from that one pic so far:

- Love the figs from what we can tell so far, dat Commissioner Gordon, but mostly DAT CESAR ROMERO JOKER/aka secret best Joker!! He looks amazing from what little i can tell here, hopefully the final fig will live up to it!

- Great looking Batmobile, not a fan of helicopters so this Batcopter does not impress me all that much but that's ok.

- What an amazing looking room, and is that... oldschool wallpaper there? The globe etc. (wasn't that in Town Hall as well?) loving the general look as well as that outside on the rear!!!

- ... which brings me to the do not like part of this thing: I somehow do not like the REST of the set, you know the actual set? What is that huge brown WALL supposed to represent? Just a lot of empty space and only semi-decent looking cave/wall structure there. So far i don't dig this part, but hopefully as we will see clearer pictures and all, i will warm up to it.

Overall though this is probably a must buy based on the figs and the Batmobile alone :)

Just guessing but I think that brown wall just shows that the cave is well below the mansion, and also hides the two poles that are visible at the bottom, which probably connect to the room via a trap door.

Oh nm, the poles are behind the bookcase, just like this show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO9LHPqScoY

This set is looking very nice. I'm not going to get it though but look forward to reading instructions and copying techniques.

Wanderer5

Dat DC tax lol? Not that I had plans to, but yeeeeah no thanks. Would had probably look into that batmobile if it was a separate set through.

Ponn

Banned
2,526 pieces for $269.99USD

Still in, was expecting about $200. Lego hobby isnt cheap. I was saving money this month and not jumping into Nexo Knights and all new sets planning to get GB HQ next month. Just going to change plans a little and get this instead.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Too costly for me, even if im a huge fan of the source material.

Brick Bank, Ghostbusters, this, the future Hoth set- Lego are killing it.

The Batcave is just the tip of the iceberg for Classic TV Batman LEGO, but it be a while before we see anything more.

Let's just say that 2017 will be the year of Batman.

Is something special going on that year. Thinking about it isn't this year the 50th yr anniversary?

What else could they do in terms of sets? I guess one of the classic traps they were in, Commisioner Gordon's office, and Batgirl.

Catwoman looks purr-fect! At least from the blurry image.

Too costly for me, even if im a huge fan of the source material.

Brick Bank, Ghostbusters, this, the future Hoth set- Lego are killing it.

You mean killing our bank accounts! Seriously rethinking my spending strategy. Multiple $300 sets are gonna push other things off my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom