• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Koren

My lego order of the beetle still hasnt shipped.

Today i was really pondering whether i made a mistake bc the restraunt has twice the pieces for only 60 more dollars.

I could cancel and order the restraunt instead. Idk. Im just inside my own head. Maybe i should just ask the wife...
If you post here, it's because you're looking for an excuse to buy both...

Well...

Both are wonderful builds.

Why not buy both?

They're really different sets, so it's difficult to suggest one over the other (though the restaurant is great... the problem is that the Beetle is far from a weak set either)

Ugh. The wait for the Green Mech Dragon is hard. Gonna drive down to the lego store and get it tuesday morning lol

Haven't been hyped about a lego set for a while

Haines

Banned
If you post here, it's because you're looking for an excuse to buy both...

Well...

Both are wonderful builds.

Why not buy both?

They're really different sets, so it's difficult to suggest one over the other (though the restaurant is great... the problem is that the Beetle is far from a weak set either)

Well, yeah. I got thinking maybe restraunt double vip...

But than im in this lego stuff deep...

Rootbeer

Banned
Hope my store has the Halloween seasonal when I stop in on Sept 1st.

Hear ya guys on the new dragon... might have to make that my first set purchase from the theme.

My lego order of the beetle still hasnt shipped.

Today i was really pondering whether i made a mistake bc the restraunt has twice the pieces for only 60 more dollars.

I could cancel and order the restraunt instead. Idk. Im just inside my own head. Maybe i should just ask the wife...

My mom actually just finished building the beetle and loved it. She's now thinking about picking up the PR since she likes the look of mine. What I'm saying is, but both.

Haines

Banned
My mom actually just finished building the beetle and loved it. She's now thinking about picking up the PR since she likes the look of mine. What I'm saying is, but both.

Awesome. Talked to the wife and she said get the beetle now and something else later.

Than realized old fishing store is more up my ally for same price.

Than i realized ninjago city would be up my alley and my kids alley.

So i might wait for a double vip ninjago city for xmas.

Osahi

If you like modulars, don't visit Ghent. Every damn house in the city looks perfect for a custom build. I'm thinking about tearing down all mine and starting over.
Haha. You're in Ghent? I live there!

(Currently in Vietnam though, otherwise we could've meet up! :( )

Not sure why lego doesnt use ball joints for dragon heads every time, just modded Morro Dragon with a ball joint and it works fine and can support the weight. I'll do it with the Green Mech Dragon too. Legos over reliance on ratcheted joints can be annoying. I get its for stability but sometimes its just not needed.

Awesome. Talked to the wife and she said get the beetle now and something else later.

Than realized old fishing store is more up my ally for same price.

Than i realized ninjago city would be up my alley and my kids alley.

So i might wait for a double vip ninjago city for xmas.

There is no return in the path you took.

Ponn

Banned
I avoided the piggy bank this month and thought I did good by not placing a Lego order this month. And then Lego decides "Naw man, we ain't gonna let you off that easy" and in the last couple of days of the month they pile on the temptation to place an order with specials and another freebie. Seriously TLG, you can be real dirty bastiges sometimes. Luckily I already have the globe, though it would be nice to have an extra boxed one.

When do online pdf instructions (also B models) normally become available after the release of a set? Looking for 42068 + 69, but can't find them yet.

I avoided the piggy bank this month and thought I did good by not placing a Lego order this month. And then Lego decides "Naw man, we ain't gonna let you off that easy" and in the last couple of days of the month they pile on the temptation to place an order with specials and another freebie. Seriously TLG, you can be real dirty bastiges sometimes. Luckily I already have the globe, though it would be nice to have an extra boxed one.

I don't have the globe and it looks lovely. I am trying to resist to place an order today because ai want Ninjago Vity in 15 days and then Old Fishing Store next month.

What would be the odds the globe to return later? Argh, decisions.

DonShula

I don't have the globe and it looks lovely. I am trying to resist to place an order today because ai want Ninjago Vity in 15 days and then Old Fishing Store next month.

What would be the odds the globe to return later? Argh, decisions.

I'm in the same damn boat. Went to the Lego Store yesterday and what my kids wanted was cheaper at Walmart so we left. Then I decided I did want the piggy bank and globe after all. But I couldn't bring myself to spend full price without double points when browsing online. And my next big purchase was going to be the fishing store...

If Saturn V was in stock I probably would have caved.

I'm in the same damn boat. Went to the Lego Store yesterday and what my kids wanted was cheaper at Walmart so we left. Then I decided I did want the piggy bank and globe after all. But I couldn't bring myself to spend full price without double points when browsing online. And my next big purchase was going to be the fishing store...

So I placed the winter train in the bag (still don't have it and it will make a great Xmas decoration) but I have already spent a lot in Lego this month. The only way I can make that order is if I forget the OFS for a while. May grab Ninjago City if next month promo is great.

Jimrpg

Wow parisian restraunt is only 60 more for another 1000 pieces. Tho im sure those pieces are small assorted things.

Modulars do hold there own in the price department dont they. No wonder they dont come on sale.

I might have to grab that restraunt during that double vip thing, seems like a good price for one of the best sets.

Parisian Restaurant is my next modular to get. It's also the next likely modular to end, so I want to get one at least by the end of the year.

But my wallet needs to recover from getting Assembly Square first.

Parisian Restaurant is my next modular to get. It's also the next likely modular to end, so I want to get one at least by the end of the year.

But my wallet needs to recover from getting Assembly Square first.

The next modular to retire is Palace Cinema, confirmed. It seems that Parisian Restaurant won't retire this year, but grab it while you can too.

Haha. You're in Ghent? I live there!

(Currently in Vietnam though, otherwise we could've meet up! :( )

I was in Ghent until a few days ago. Lovely place, would like to return someday.

The thing with Belgian and Dutch architecture is that houses are so narrow that you don't need to scale them down. Market Street is basically realistic minifig scale.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I'm watching a Rifftrax short when...

PXMCbpZ.gif

So I decided I want the snowglobe and placed an order for the holiday train. But it is backordered and will ship in 30 days. Would Lego send me the snowglobe right now or it will be keep reserved for me (sice they will not bill me anything till train ships and - while I won't do it - anyone can cancel the order after geting the globe).

Ponn

Banned
So I decided I want the snowglobe and placed an order for the holiday train. But it is backordered and will ship in 30 days. Would Lego send me the snowglobe right now or it will be keep reserved for me (sice they will not bill me anything till train ships and - while I won't do it - anyone can cancel the order after geting the globe).

If you want the globe that was a good idea because they probably wont do this again with it. Yea you should be safe, i've had freebies with backordered stuff and got the freebies later with the order. Sometimes they will be really nice and ship you the freebie seperately right away.

edit: I love the holiday train by the way. Granted i've gotten every holiday set since I got back into Lego and do the whole winter village thing but the Holiday Train is my favorite addition. My cat also loves it and plays the part of Meowthra the Christmas Scrooge out to stop the train from delivering toys to the kids. Be careful though, it gave me a serious itch to get into more train sets.

If you want the globe that was a good idea because they probably wont do this again with it. Yea you should be safe, i've had freebies with backordered stuff and got the freebies later with the order. Sometimes they will be really nice and ship you the freebie seperately right away.

Wondering which will be this Xmas freebie. Could be this globe again?

Do I get a shipping notification if/when the freebie ships alone ahead of the order? I want to know because I had ship the order to a friend's house and need to alert him.

Ponn

Banned
Wondering which will be this Xmas freebie. Could be this globe again?

Do I get a shipping notification if/when the freebie ships alone ahead of the order? I want to know because I had ship the order to a friend's house and need to alert him.

Yea I usually get notifications for each shipment on an order. I have had three seperate shipments on one order once where they shipped the freebie seperate, the main order and then a bricks and pieces order. Got an email for all three with tracking numbers.

I haven't seen them repeat the xmas freebies before. They usually do two xmas freebies and they usually tie into each other somehow. They seem to really put thought into their xmas freebies every year and they are always a highlight of brickfriday.

ghostmind

Sir von Lego on Eurobricks has commented that LEGO will be releasing 5 sets in 2018 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the original LEGO brick.

No idea what these could be, or if there will be additional celebration sets for 2018, but I'm expecting something special.

Sir von Lego on Eurobricks has commented that LEGO will be releasing 5 sets in 2018 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the original LEGO brick.

No idea what these could be, or if there will be additional celebration sets for 2018, but I'm expecting something special.
That doesn't count polybags, right?

They could release some special historical compilation packs, like they did with the train pack given to employess last Xmas. That would be great.

Edited: nah, I just read his posts. Seems to be a line, with the smallest set price between 5.99 and 9.99. Does not look something special, maybe a rebranded Classic line? Hope to be wrong and we may see some large Space, Castle and Pirates commemorative sets.

ghostmind

Ok, it may be a sin to you but SW does nothing to me (yet).

Only one early release for August, right? NC. Nothing for Ideas OFS?

Correct:

Advent calendars should start showing up at retail any time now, but LEGO won't have them on S@H until September probably.
Ninjago City VIP release on August 16th
Old Fishing Store release on September 1st
Winter Village set and UCS Falcon VIP releases mid-September

Haines

Banned

Double points is just 10 bucks back on the 100 instead of 5 bucks right?

Haines

Banned
Yes, depending on the freebie it is worth more to get it instead of double points.

Ok thats what i was coming to the conclusion of as well.

Im kind of curious on some of the better freebie deals in the last few years, and how well the dree piggie and globe rank on that list

Falcon is one of those things that if people want it, best jump on it ASAP before all the scalpers take it and make it impossible to get during the holiday season. Just look at the Tumbler years ago.

Top Bottom