• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

R-User!

Falcon is one of those things that if people want it, best jump on it ASAP before all the scalpers take it and make it impossible to get during the holiday season. Just look at the Tumbler years ago.

This is true.

It will be interesting to see how fast it sells out and how long it takes LEGO to make more.

_Rob_

Pay day is here, and so the Assembly Square will follow shortly behind. That's me finally caught up with the modulars... just in time to go bankrupt with the Ninjago City!

I also managed to get a decent deal for a couple of Adventurers sets, that completes my Desert collection. Only the rest of the Jungle, Dino Island and Orient Expedition to go now....

5976-1.jpg
5956-1.jpg
5919-1.jpg

Jimrpg

The next modular to retire is Palace Cinema, confirmed. It seems that Parisian Restaurant won't retire this year, but grab it while you can too.

Yeah I picked up Palace Cinema recently too, though I haven't opened it yet! That's why my next one is PR. But PR has been my favourite all along, even when I wasn't as big into Lego, I always wanted it because it just looked so damn amazing.

Getting both of those should give me ample time to get Detective's Office and Brick Bank later next year.

Plum

Rooting round some old stuff and I found this (4709 if you're wondering).

51FFJ3XB5SL.jpg

Got really excited to rebuild it and recapture some memories from when I was a kid but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Too many of the pieces were missing to rebuild the thing and the box was battered to hell. My younger self couldn't have cared less about preserving Lego. Fortunately all the minifigures were still there in their Yellow-faced glory.

_Rob_

Rooting round some old stuff and I found this (4709 if you're wondering).

51FFJ3XB5SL.jpg

Got really excited to rebuild it and recapture some memories from when I was a kid. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Too many of the pieces were missing to rebuild the thing and the box was battered to hell. My younger self couldn't have cared less about preserving Lego. Fortunately all the minifigures were still there in their Yellow-faced glory.

That's a real shame, that first wave hit just at the right time for me and I ended up with most sets, including this castle. I really loved how each set from the line was an additional section of the Hogwarts too, some very nice "modular" style planning from TLG on that one. Jeez that set is expensive now though!

Plum

That's a real shame, that first wave hit just at the right time for me and I ended up with most sets, including this castle. I really loved how each set from the line was an additional section of the Hogwarts too, some very nice "modular" style planning from TLG on that one. Jeez that set is expensive now though!

I wasn't even 5 when the set actually released. IIRC we bought it around 2007 or 8 for about the same price it goes for on Bricklink today (£100). I don't think many of the pieces missing should be too difficult to find as I still have all the printed pieces and the two paper roof sections; I'd estimate around £10 or so if I wanted to go through the hassle of buying everything to rebuild fully.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The only rumor I've heard is a train station, and that's unconfirmed.

I'd be so down for that if it's to scale with the train system, would be fantastic with the train from last year and sweet addition to my winter collection.

If you could choose one old set to be rereleased today, which one would you pick?

I know it isn't really old, but I'm mad at myself for not buying the Black Pearl ship when I had the chance. It was right around the time that I was getting back into LEGO sets, but I didn't have the money to spend on it.

If you could choose one old set to be rereleased today, which one would you pick?

The Super Star Destroyer

I skipped it because I had no place to put it and could not conceive of a future in which I ever had a decent display area for it. Now I have the perfect place and I imagine it there all the time

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Falcon is one of those things that if people want it, best jump on it ASAP before all the scalpers take it and make it impossible to get during the holiday season. Just look at the Tumbler years ago.

I might just buy it instantly and then sell it if I change my mind. Safer that way than regret it later

DBT85

Saturn mother fudging Five.

Oh, old sets?

Probably the UCS stuff that's now hilariously expensive. Primarily Falcon, B Wing, Y Wing, Imperial Shuttle.

Would probably struggle to find room for the SSD or the ISD, but I'd try lol.

Very pleased that I've manged to get the Red Five and R2D2 already for very reasonable prices (£153 Used and £160 sealed). None of the others will come into my possession otherwise.

Unless Lego suggested that the new Falcon was a very limited run then I'd still wait for a double points at minimum.

papluh

What are your experiences with Bricks & Pieces ?
I did my first order and had some hiccups
- the first payment ended up in a random nondescript error, no confirmation email, no order in list and basket not cleared. Tried again after 15 min without regular sets in basket and it was ok. To my surprise I find both orders charged to my CC and appeared in orders list. But whatever more parts are more parts.

- Order(s) arrive. One envelope, but two mirrored bags. Almost mirrored ... as one part type that should be 6+6 is 0+8. No message why. Called the hotline, filed a claim and they will investigate and send ... if approved.

- Another mistake. One of the part type was switched for other color variant. They asked me to sent it back if I want replacement (it made about 50% of the order). Fortunately this one is not available on B&P, so I should have no problem getting rid of it. Actually, right now I could double worldwide BL stocks :D

So, what is your experience with B&P?

Ponn

Banned
What are your experiences with Bricks & Pieces ?
I did my first order and had some hiccups
- the first payment ended up in a random nondescript error, no confirmation email, no order in list and basket not cleared. Tried again after 15 min without regular sets in basket and it was ok. To my surprise I find both orders charged to my CC and appeared in orders list. But whatever more parts are more parts.

- Order(s) arrive. One envelope, but two mirrored bags. Almost mirrored as one part type that should be 6+6 is 0+8. No message why. Called the hotline, filed a claim and they will investigate and sent ... if approved.

- Another mistake. One of the part type was switched for other color variant. They asked me to sent it back if I want replacement (made about 50% of the order). Fortunately this one is not available on B&P so I should have no problem getting rid of it. Actually right now I could double worldwide BL stocks :D

So, what is your experience with B&P?

Thats odd. I have made several Bricks and Pieces orders and never had a problem with my orders. In fact I just got a recent order last week that was fine, some Jungle set pieces and the two big cat figs.

As far as the question of what sets would you like to see re-released. I would like a crack at Black Pearl and Imperial Flagship since i'm really into Lego ships. Also the older modulars I missed. Finally I would also like to get some Futuron and Blacktron sets, especially any monorails.

Lego City Volcano Heavy-Lift Helicopter was on sale at £76.99 at the Lego Store in Manchester today, possibly the lowest you'll get it new in the UK now given it'll be out of print soon.

valkyre

Guys is there a way to revert "squeaky" parts to their former self?

Note, I am not talking about discolored parts. I am talking about some pieces that seem to squeak when you connect them together, I am sorry I cant describe it any better. It mainly happens with large plates and such, but it also happens with bricks as well.

Would really love some help. :)

Taisaijin

Guys is there a way to revert "squeaky" parts to their former self?

Note, I am not talking about discolored parts. I am talking about some pieces that seem to squeak when you connect them together, I am sorry I cant describe it any better. It mainly happens with large plates and such, but it also happens with bricks as well.

Would really love some help. :)

Welcome to ABS..

After researching this same issue fairly extensively, I've just come to agree with the masses that it (brittleness / squeakiness) is just part of the aging process of ABS and like wrinkles and age spots, is just part of the life of a brick.

I've read anecdotal reports that keeping them disconnected (unbuilt) and outside of the most extreme temp ranges helps retain their flex, pliability and clutch power which in turn reduces the squeak factor.

Happy to be proved wrong!

edit: I love the holiday train by the way. Granted i've gotten every holiday set since I got back into Lego and do the whole winter village thing but the Holiday Train is my favorite addition. My cat also loves it and plays the part of Meowthra the Christmas Scrooge out to stop the train from delivering toys to the kids. Be careful though, it gave me a serious itch to get into more train sets.

Ops, I did not see your edit right away.

Yeah, there is a itch on Lego trains here too. But mainly because I want to motorize the Holiday train and the best way should be buying the High-Speed Passenger Train instead of individual parts. Then I can use it also in my city, but... yeah, avoid itch, avoid itch.

The Xmas Village subthem appeals to me deeply, can be wonderful Xmas displays. Speaking of it, the Winter Toy Shop 10249 is just a re-release of set 10199 from some years back? Nothing changed? Strange. Since the older Xmas Villages sets can be quite expensive, it would be nice if Lego release again some other sets...

this holiday season i need to trade or sell my duplicate old sets while they're timely. i wound up with extras of the monster fighters zombie set, the MF mad scientist set, and the winter village bakery. wonder what other sets i can turn them into.

this holiday season i need to trade or sell my duplicate old sets while they're timely. i wound up with extras of the monster fighters zombie set, the MF mad scientist set, and the winter village bakery. wonder what other sets i can turn them into.

The zombie set will fetch quite a bit I think.

I still have tons of sets I bought on clearance over the last two years still in boxes. I need to break them down still.
And honestly, the thought of selling off some UCS stuff or D2C stuff has entered my head lately. Mainly due to space constraints. But then I think about how mad I would be if I ever did sell them.

Not sure why because I never got into the game, but I always have pined for this.

I love the assymetry. I could probably make it with parts I have already but my spare parts aren't organized enough. The minifigs are cool too.

But actually i'd probably go with this:
Just because I was out of my dark age when it came out and I have just about all the other Monsters, but I was not experienced enough to realize I had to buy store exclusives right away. And the resell market on it got stupid immediately.

Oh what a coincidence. what are you looking for in exchange or price?

I still don't get how the resell market got so insane on Zombies so quickly. It was one of the first retailer exclusives I got as well, but I just wanted more horror themed stuff. But seeing how elusive that thing got so quickly just threw me for a loop.

Has any other retailer exclusive done as well, relatively speaking?

I still don't get how the resell market got so insane on Zombies so quickly. It was one of the first retailer exclusives I got as well, but I just wanted more horror themed stuff. But seeing how elusive that thing got so quickly just threw me for a loop.

Has any other retailer exclusive done as well, relatively speaking?

it blew my mind too. When I wound up with duplicates, i decided to hold off on building the extras, and then suddenly I discovered what the secondhand market could do to Lego, and now it's been in the box with me through two moves. online auctions are scary.

Oh what a coincidence. what are you looking for in exchange or price?

i don't know yet. i haven't checked the bricklink standards for it yet this year. I seem to remember the price of the set was absolutely ridiculous last i checked tho. i'll go look at that now. who needs to prepare powerpoint presentations when i can talk about legos on the internet!

edit: shoot. every new-in-box copy of it on bricklink is $170+ in america and europe right now. What the hell? Why? The best available deal is $120 in new zealand? The last-six-months sale avg is $150? bizarre

Anyway in-print sets off my wishlist of similar value would be..... detectives' office and brick bank? and silent mary if it were gotten off amazon warehouse. older sets from my wishlist that would make for a fair trade seem to be the winter village cottage or maaaaybe WV post office. i'd also do Unexpected Gathering + some small cool newer set- bricklink says the dollars are against me there, but i missed the hobbit hole and i will pay the price eventually.

Anything else old that I'm after -pirate ships, emerald night. orthanc. ewok village- would be way too lopsided in my favor. and I don't think there's 160 in small stuff currently in print that i'm dying to have.

Do we still have that marketplace thread?
and if lego-gaf agrees this set ain't worth this much (cause i don't think it should be) i might have to make a bricklink account.

_Rob_

Hmnn how odd, I expected to be able to wake up and purchase a few of the Ninjago Movie sets from Amazon (UK), but they appear to be missing. Oddly though, they are live on Lego's website; strange as Amazon are usually right on the money with Lego release dates.

Rootbeer

Banned
Check BN stores tomorrow. Stores should have full boxes at store open. Same with most of the movie sets like Destiny's Bounty.
Yup, I have the drill down by now thankfully!

My plan is to hit Target first and see if I can get a start on my set there with 2 or 3 packs. Then head to the LEGO store (next door) at 10am and try to fill out the rest of the 20.

BTW... new Ninjago Movie, Justice League, Thor Ragnarok and other Aug 1st sets live on amazon.com, and other usual places.

Don't overspend if you plan on getting any Last Jedi sets next month... or the rumored (pretty much a certainty at this point) UCS Falcon very soon after :eek:

it blew my mind too. When I wound up with duplicates, i decided to hold off on building the extras, and then suddenly I discovered what the secondhand market could do to Lego, and now it's been in the box with me through two moves. online auctions are scary.

i don't know yet. i haven't checked the bricklink standards for it yet this year. I seem to remember the price of the set was absolutely ridiculous last i checked tho. i'll go look at that now. who needs to prepare powerpoint presentations when i can talk about legos on the internet!

edit: shoot. every new-in-box copy of it on bricklink is $170+ in america and europe right now. What the hell? Why? The best available deal is $120 in new zealand? The last-six-months sale avg is $150? bizarre
Ya, it's crazy. i mean, there are 2 exclusive minifigs and a couple rarer red pieces in the car. Obviously the moonstone is exclusive. But why did this set get so crazy so fast and stay there?

Top Bottom