• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Servbot24

Banned
I have a Vittsjo for most of my modulars and bigger LEGO builds, and everyone I've shown said it looks nice. The 2x4 one.

CSusOPq.jpg

Woah, that looks great.

Same here. I like the 1x4 version I use.

Some issues with taller sets - space shuttle, imperial flagship won't fit - but they can go on top like formated4tv's firehouse.

(I think I had to take down the bell for the fire brigade too.)

I have one or two more larger sets that I think those gaps are too small for. I could probably move Simpsons house, but then I'd be afraid of having too much weight/size on the top of it.

Not that they'd break the shelf, more that they'd tip the thing forward on me.

Woah, that looks great.

Thank you! It's almost completely full now, haha.

I have a couple Vittsjo shelves as well and they work perfectly. I ended up buying a couple battery powered LED puck lights and attached them to the top of the shelving unit so they shine down through the shelves. I'm sure you could use some light strips as well if you have bigger sets that would block the light from filtering down.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have a billy bookcase with orlinden glass doors to keep dust under control. Have other Lego on open shelves and dusting is annoying - I'm always knocking bits off.

I have a Vittsjo for most of my modulars and bigger LEGO builds, and everyone I've shown said it looks nice. The 2x4 one.

CSusOPq.jpg

Brick Bank looks so lonely down there. You should get Assembly Square to keep it company. :)

And I have two billy bookcases with doors on them (free!) for my modulars. They fit perfectly. The downside is you can't do anything deeper than modulars in there.

Brick Bank looks so lonely down there. You should get Assembly Square to keep it company. :)

And I have two billy bookcases with doors on them (free!) for my modulars. They fit perfectly. The downside is you can't do anything deeper than modulars in there.

Hahaha, there's a bunch of other stuff down with it now, but I just finished Ninjago Temple Of Spinatzu or whatever it was, plus I have Carousel, Assembly Square, the Ninjago Boat, and something else still to build.

I had a huge backlog of things to do and had no room until I got that bookshelf.

I was going to get the bookcases instead, but like you just said, you run out of room that way.

Free doors?!

The bookcases were free. A coworker was getting rid of the bookcases. There is a divider on the doors, so it does obscure some of the view, but I can't argue with free.

Hahaha, there's a bunch of other stuff down with it now, but I just finished Ninjago Temple Of Spinatzu or whatever it was, plus I have Carousel, Assembly Square, the Ninjago Boat, and something else still to build.

I had a huge backlog of things to do and had no room until I got that bookshelf.

I was going to get the bookcases instead, but like you just said, you run out of room that way.

Temple of Airjitzu is so damn good. I really want more classic japanese style buildings like that. I am not into all the jets and crazy stuff from Ninjago, but when they do cool dragons or classic style builds like Airjitzu and Destiny's Bounty, I am totally there.

Temple of Airjitzu is so damn good. I really want more classic japanese style buildings like that. I am not into all the jets and crazy stuff from Ninjago, but when they do cool dragons or classic style builds like Airjitzu and Destiny's Bounty, I am totally there.

All I've been building before that was either modulars or architecture (just worked out that way) and I forgot how exciting LEGOs could be. Every bag was fun little stuff for the Temple, and I was just so used to doing super repetitive stuff over and over that I had way more fun doing the Temple build than the few before it.

ghostmind

They have really stepped up the vehicles in the Ninjago Movie subtheme though - check out the Water Strider, it's like a cross between Ultra Agents, Alien Conquest, War of the Worlds, and The Matrix:

And it's only $30 for 494 pieces (including 4 minfigs)!

Have a billy bookcase with orlinden glass doors to keep dust under control. Have other Lego on open shelves and dusting is annoying - I'm always knocking bits off.

Dust is something that annoys me too. All my Legos are on open shelves. I already desassembled Black Pearl and Queen Mary's to get rid of the dust once.

I would like to display my modulars in a city-like display with roadplates and such, over some tables. But how to deal with dust in this case? Glass closed shelves seems a better solution, but only for individual sets or inline display of the modulars.

ghostmind

That one did intrigue me. Mainly because it is a mech of some sort. Although the big mech from the line is a no go with those stiff legs.

JANG was very positive about it in his review:

https://youtu.be/rsl3hjeRDHI

Also I love the asymmetrical look of the Ice Tank:

And the Lightning Jet looks insane:

And I absolutely adore this set:

(The policeman is part of the Super Secret Police from the LEGO Movie!)

ghostmind

A bit of Christmas set news...

There will be another 24-in-1 set released (#40253) similar to last year, which means it will be a free promo set.

Also, the final 2017 seasonal set will be 40263 Christmas Town Square:

RBcDb6a.jpg

_Rob_

Foolhardiness complete.

_Rob_, PM inbound. If any UK gaffer wants the third for £75ish, get in touch.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think my arms are about to drop off.
What a trooper! PM sent right back at ya! 'Should look great alongside the Pearl and the Queen Anne's Revenge!

I was able to resist the Disney Castle. It was not easy, but I saw the post, put it on the basket case, wonder for a bit, and gave up....

If it's past 90 days and I have a receipt to the lego store, can I still return an item for cash?

I'm going to return my snowspeeder that's still sealed and save that $200 for the falcon

2 days past 90 days lol, I think I'll just go in and see

Haines

Banned
Did the bottom half of the atst with the boy tonight. Little above his level but he enjoyed helping daddy

Kind of suprised how good it actually is. They did it justice so far.

Sir von Lego confirmed that 2018 Summer City sets will be Arctic and Trains (trains was kind of sure thing since they hit every 4 years),

Ponn

Banned
I desperately need a decent steam train. Can't afford to get the Emerald Night :(

The Holiday Train is still going to be available this year and may even see clearance prices. It comes power function ready and despite the name is pretty easy to mod to remove the "holiday" stuff.

Also out of left field suggestion, the MF Ghost Train set is still reasonably priced for an oop set.

Top Bottom