• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

papluh

The new Destinys Bounty is 130€ on amazon.de.
Should I buy it now, or wait? It's already 40 bucks under MSRP.

Yes, they are price matching german Toys'r'Us who is having flat -20% on LEGO (over 40 Eur in total)

Because of this TRU sale plus LUG event in LEGO Store, I went shopping ...
got Destiny's Bounty and Green Ninja Mech Dragon, could not leave the police tuk-tuk form City Chase there and got 2 polybags of the small green dragon. Then I felt like not feeling the CMF bags, so took whole unopened box. And I saw the London Bus in person and got it too. And finally took the Classic Batcave just in case I'd regret later not getting it while I could.

BTW they were not even denying that much that the UCS MF is coming. Also it should be available for VIPs mid- September. If they will get around handling it, it might be too heavy to lift to the counter :)

Because the fire needs more fuel, they tweeted me back.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/893788307804631040
PuKC2mP.png

Lol. I love your post and their response! I'm eagerly awaiting next year's Voltron!

DonShula

Yes, they are price matching german Toys'r'Us who is having flat -20% on LEGO (over 40 Eur in total)

Because of this TRU sale plus LUG event in LEGO Store, I went shopping ...
got Destiny's Bounty and Green Ninja Mech Dragon, could not leave the police tuk-tuk form City Chase there and got 2 polybags of the small green dragon. Then I felt like not feeling the CMF bags, so took whole unopened box. And I saw the London Bus in person and got it too. And finally took the Classic Batcave just in case I'd regret later not getting it while I could.

BTW they were not even denying that much that the UCS MF is coming. Also it should be available for VIPs mid- September. If they will get around handling it, it might be too heavy to lift to the counter :)

You definitely went shopping!

Rootbeer

Banned
Ninjago is going to bomb so hard. There is even less buzz then for Kingsmen 2.
Where are you getting your buzz? If Ninjago does well, it's because a hoard of preteens convinced their parents to go see it.

I don't think it will do bad. Likely less than the last two LEGO movies though.
I bought this guy on awd in a resealed original bag for $6.51

It was missing the guy. How petty is it to say something? I'm guessing they'll give me like 20% off.
You bought a minifigure and it didn't include the minifigure? Yeah I'd get a refund lol... amazon needs to crack down on AWD abuses... that ain't gonna happen if you just keep your mouth shut. I mean, they haven't done much yet despite years of people having experiences like this... but something has to give eventually.

AWD is such a gamble. Sometimes you can get great deals, other times you get tons of missing pieces (particularly minifigs) -- sometimes more headache than it's worth.

There's supposed to be an inspection before they resell returned or damaged items. How can they miss something as obvious as the product being entirely missing... who knows. I wouldn't let it slide.

You bought a minifigure and it didn't include the minifigure? Yeah I'd get a refund lol... amazon needs to crack down on AWD abuses... that ain't gonna happen if you just keep your mouth shut. I mean, they haven't done much yet despite years of people having experiences like this... but something has to give eventually.

Sorry, typo. Missing gun, not the minifig.

O-o-oh. Well that's very different.

Personally I have lots of those guns laying around... If it were me I'd just not bother. But yeah you can probably get a partial refund if you're not like me. :p gl.
Lol, ya, I don't need the gun. I'm not going to bother.

R-User!

I think TLNM will open to more than TLBM.

Ninjago is more closely tied to LEGO than Batman is because it is their own creation, and I think there are more fans of LEGO that are fans of Ninjago than their are fans of LEGO that are fans of Batman.

Basically more kids and their parents that buy sets for those kids like Ninjago as a theme than they do Batman, which makes me think that more of them would want to see a LEGO NINJAGO movie than a Batman one.

But we'll see!

Ninjago has always been a weird one. I've never really followed it but it has been around for ages yet it's never appeared as popular as some series and if there is a small lego sale it's always Ninjago sets that seem to be in them.

Still the Ninjago City is a must have purchase for me, but there seems to be a lot of stickers in it which is off putting.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think TLNM will open to more than TLBM.

Ninjago is more closely tied to LEGO than Batman is because it is their own creation, and I think there are more fans of LEGO that are fans of Ninjago than their are fans of LEGO that are fans of Batman.

Basically more kids and their parents that buy sets for those kids like Ninjago as a theme than they do Batman, which makes me think that more of them would want to see a LEGO NINJAGO movie than a Batman one.

But we'll see!
Pretty sure the Batman Aspect of the Lego Batman movie was more important that it beeing Lego

Technically it's not a UCS set, nor is it D2C, so I don't think it will be getting specific PR.
Ok, because the place I usually buy games at (Webhallen) just put up all the new Star Wars sets with pictures, price etc aside from the unannounced Falcon. Even the calendar.

ghostmind

So Sir Von Lego is stating that the summer CITY Arctic sets will include an Orca-type whale, which unlike the Lighthouse Point set, will be a single moulded animal and not brick-built.

ghostmind

Ok, because the place I usually buy games at (Webhallen) just put up all the new Star Wars sets with pictures, price etc aside from the unannounced Falcon. Even the calendar.

Interesting - here's the (translated) text for BB-8:

This faithfully rendered LEGO® Star Wars version of the modest BB-8 from the new Star Wars movie trilogy is a perfect gift for all Star Wars or LEGO fans. Turn the wheel on the side to rotate the detailed head, and turn again to open the door and unfold the "welding torch". This faithfully rendered model also features a display stand, a decorative fact sheet and a small BB-8, making it perfect to show up in any bedroom or office.

? With authentic details, wheel activated, rotating head and openable gap with non-functioning welding torch.
? Also includes a display stand, a decorative fact sheet and a small BB-8.
? The set contains over 1 100 parts.
? The model of BB-8 can not roll.
? BB-8 without stand is 25 cm tall and 15 cm wide.
? The display is 26 cm high.

DBT85

Still not sure if I want BB8 or not.

Though I do like that it says "non functioning welding torch" because I was a little worried.

DBT85

LEGOlics Annonymous meeting #321141
Hi I'm Darren, it is 2 minutes since my last purchase.

I figured £400 on baby stuff entitled me to a General Grievous constuction. My first.

I shall hold fast now
until MF or Saturn V are available

Updated edition to be able to roll, bleep and burn up your house :D

As a proper UCS should!

Ponn

Banned
So Sir Von Lego is stating that the summer CITY Arctic sets will include an Orca-type whale, which unlike the Lighthouse Point set, will be a single moulded animal and not brick-built.

OHHH! I hope that is true. As much as I would like a zoo I would absolutely love some sort of aquarium or Sea World type set even more. I wonder if it will also come with seals to feed it.

Remember when LEGO boats actually floated?

Jang just reviewed a City coastguard set with two floating boats. It's just that most of the time, floating means huge prefabricated chunk, which is kind of counter to the whole Lego thing. Also, putting something with loose parts in water is a bad idea. Also, putting something with stickers in water is a bad idea. So...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a while, but some progress has been made on the Batcave

3grVM0N.jpg

That's the full height now, with an armoury to go on the left in that opening and rock walls on either side. If anything I may need to make it shorter if I don't have enough parts to do the rock walls (or I may do some arches/supports for wayne manor above to fill some space)

Can you put one of these into the caves down there somewhere?

DonShula

Clayface was a solid build. Took me 45 mins. He also has an interchangeable hand/hammer but my son decided to stack them instead (see right hand).

Put mine together this afternoon and really enjoyed it. The final product is so sturdy. I was impressed.

Haines

Banned
Working on bag one of beetle!

Got the wifey to help me, shes enjoying it

Gotta bring her to the dark side too so i can buy more hehehhee

Ponn

Banned
It's been a while, but some progress has been made on the Batcave

3grVM0N.jpg

That's the full height now, with an armoury to go on the left in that opening and rock walls on either side. If anything I may need to make it shorter if I don't have enough parts to do the rock walls (or I may do some arches/supports for wayne manor above to fill some space)

Missed this from the last page. This is fucking awesome Wetwired. Just be sure to post your instructions to build it when you are done :p

Eggiem

Bought the Destinys Bounty for 119,99 at Karstadt. (German retailer). Every other Lego set is also 20% off, but the ship alone is more than enough for my wallet. :D

The calm before the maybe Falcon storm...

Got a couple F1 Ferrari cars, (two as you can make one either Seb or Kimi).

Loved the build, I think it looks great, but the sticker application was awful.

Pkd48K7.jpg

Haines

Banned
The price sways me away from the falcon but than i wonder if ill regret not grabbing it for my son. i would certainly put it away til he was older.

Top Bottom