• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DonShula

Anyone else looking forward to the old fishing store? I really like the look of it.

Yeah, I want it. Love the look. Debating whether to get it on 9/1 with some Star Wars stuff. That could potentially be a big purchase day. Not a mega baller purchase like some people on here, but big enough.

Koren

Can you generally backorder during double VIP periods?
On "normal" 2xVIP, you can (as long as you can order the sets, some sets on backorder can't be ordered at all). I don't remember when you get the points, though, I guess at shipping?

I guess it's the same for special 2xVIP, but I don't remember buying during those once.

On "normal" 2xVIP, you can (as long as you can order the sets, some sets on backorder can't be ordered at all). I don't remember when you get the points, though, I guess at shipping?

I guess it's the same for special 2xVIP, but I don't remember buying during those once.

I bought the Ninjago Destiny ship during their special Ninjago 2xVIP and it was on backorder. Once the order shipped I got my double points.

ruxtpin

Banned
When Double VIP promo is running it's usually available on items that are back ordered. As long as you've got the patience, wait for the double points. Large sets tend to hang around a while anyway.

When Double VIP promo is running it's usually available on items that are back ordered. As long as you've got the patience, wait for the double points. Large sets tend to hang around a while anyway.

Problem arises on stuff like the Saturn which isn't back ordered, it's just out of stock

Haha, I'm home with it now. It was a bit tense, the bus was pretty quiet so I gave Ninjago City it's own seat but then the bus got busier and busier until I worried I was going to become a seat hogger. But it was fine.

Haha, I'm home with it now. It was a bit tense, the bus was pretty quiet so I gave Ninjago City it's own seat but then the bus got busier and busier until I worried I was going to become a seat hogger. But it was fine.

Once I brought home a large 32" TV set by the subway. Wasn't an easy trip, but the worst part is that I lived 3 blocks from the subway station.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For a "first set", I would recommend something that can stand on its own. Parisian Restaurant is probably the best set available, but I would go for the VW Beetle. It's a very cool build, has good value for money and it isn't immediately recognizable as Lego. That or the Saturn V are perfect entry points, before committing to a life of Lego :).

If the VW camper is still available then I'd choose that - top of the line if large creator vehicles IMO

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Once I brought home a large 32" TV set by the subway. Wasn't an easy trip, but the worst part is that I lived 3 blocks from the subway station.

Is that was a 32" Wega CRT then it's very impressive, otherwise pfft.

MF will be crazy to get home without a car

Yeesh, if there were only 1-4 max of ninjago city today.......how many Falcons will they have on its VIP release day? 🤔
I wonder if they will do reservations

But then again, $600-$800 is a tough pill for people to spend on a lego set so maybe no one will show up ;)

BN warehouse apparently has Old Fishing Store in stock, but won't be shipping until Sept 1st on it. But, good and easy way to get it 10% off. Paid for mine in store, so it should arrive on time.

Added an interior to my apocalypse building

The apocalypse shop inside:

viAUvnZ.jpg

Owners home upstairs:

Couch build:

I have a budget of $200 for this and I'm at 1600 pieces right now, since bricklink prices are inflated due to shipping I dont really want to go over this so thats as much detail I can fit in now.

Pics please!

I seem to be quite a slow builder so I think I'm going to be rapidly overtaken on the building front! I've done bags 1 and 2 so far.

This is after bag 1. Kai's default face from the manual is the angry one. Perhaps he's angry with a croissant in the movie.

This is after bag 2. Konrad is fishing while Kai glares at his croissant from the ruins of Ninjago City. Konrad reminds me of Luke Skywalker. I suppose Kai also resembles Luke Skywalker... if Darth Vader were a croissant.

Jimrpg

I seem to be quite a slow builder so I think I'm going to be rapidly overtaken on the building front! I've done bags 1 and 2 so far.

This is after bag 1. Kai's default face from the manual is the angry one. Perhaps he's angry with a croissant in the movie.

This is after bag 2. Konrad is fishing while Kai glares at his croissant from the ruins of Ninjago City. Konrad reminds me of Luke Skywalker. I suppose Kai also resembles Luke Skywalker... if Darth Vader were a croissant.

Awesome pics!

How big is the manual? (The manual is one of my favourite things). :)

And how many bags did you get?

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to re color my building. Looked up the prices on bricklink, and apparently dark red is second most expensive color for 1 by X bricks, just behind sand green. Didnt realize it was that rare. I have a lot of sets with dark red pieces, but I guess most of them are sloped pieces or those specialized 1x2 brick texture pieces.

Jimrpg

Thanks for the tips. I think I will try something cheap before investing in a good setup.

Yep just do some research first before investing.

When I first started, I watched a couple of youtube videos on lighting and went out and bought these small but mobile LED lamps (this video), which were just garbage. I spent $100 on that and now its just junk.

Something that plugs into the wall, with 3 or 4 light sockets, lots of power (Watts) should do the trick.

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to re color my building. Looked up the prices on bricklink, and apparently dark red is second most expensive color for 1 by X bricks, just behind sand green. Didnt realize it was that rare. I have a lot of sets with dark red pieces, but I guess most of them are sloped pieces or those specialized 1x2 brick texture pieces.

You should be able to find basic bricks in rare colours on online Pick A Brick or at least on Bricks And Pieces. I did that for dark blue. Thanks to GB HQ, there should be plenty in production.

Edit: I checked. At least on the EU store, you can get 1x2 and 1x6 on PAB, and 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x6 and corners on BAP. 1x2 are actually slightly cheaper on BAP.

I have a PAB problem. I grabbed a big handful of these. I have no idea what I'll do with them in that color though. I'm a brick hoarder. Stocking up on stuff I'll probably never use in large quanities. Light grey or brown, I could have used.

pVsQ8pAl.jpg

Also, seems this sale has no set end date according to LEGO store associates. At least when I went this past Tuesday.

hV7XFX6l.jpg

EDIT: Checked what the telescope was used for in that color. Seems like that sand green telescope part was only used in 2 sets.

70743: Airjitzu Morro Flyer
8827: LEGO Minifigures Series 6

I have a PAB problem. I grabbed a big handful of these. I have no idea what I'll do with them in that color though. I'm a brick hoarder. Stocking up on stuff I'll probably never use in large quanities. Light grey or brown, I could have used.

pVsQ8pAl.jpg

Also, seems this sale has no set end date according to LEGO store associates. At least when I went this past Tuesday.

hV7XFX6l.jpg

You grabbed a handful of those or...that IS the "handful" you grabbed? ;P

Top Bottom