• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ryuuroden

That actually looks legit. Using newer curved tiles helps sell that it is new. If that is real, that looks really, really good.

I can neither confirm nor deny that is the Millennium Falcon I may or may have not seen recently from sources I cannot confirm nor deny that I might have.

I can neither confirm nor deny that is the Millennium Falcon I may or may have not seen recently from sources I cannot confirm nor deny that I might have.
17598975.gif

valkyre

Disappointed they would go with the boat mast rigging on the back again.

Yes this was horrible before and it is horrible now.

I like the changes but if I am honest I was expecting it to be more. I can safely continue building my own version without feeling so bad afterall.

Also, it is a given this has interior on the back panel near the engine. Which is great.

All in all a great redesign but with a few minor letdowns.

That actually looks legit. Using newer curved tiles helps sell that it is new. If that is real, that looks really, really good.

Looking at the greeble, newer elements were used. I'm fairly convinced it's legit. Any recent MOC of that level would have made it to the blogs.

So if I buy 2 or 4 of them, can I combine them to make a bigger MF?

DonShula

With all the extra detail on the exterior, and the choice to show that particular angle, IF that image is legit, I am not expecting an interior.

valkyre

With all the extra detail on the exterior, and the choice to show that particular angle, IF that image is legit, I am not expecting an interior.

The back cover of the engine area is certainly way too thick compared to the rest of the body. It is highly possible that it features an interior for that part right there.

It seems to be the same size as the original, just with more exterior detail. I don't think it's 2000 pieces worth of exterior detail. I bet there will still be an interior.

It seems to be the same size as the original, just with more exterior detail. I don't think it's 2000 pieces worth of exterior detail. I bet there will still be an interior.

I don't know. The various refreshed construction techniques (e.g., cockpit tube, snot central rotating platform, the 2x1 grill pieces vs the singular large grill for the 6 vents, etc) could mean the exterior takes 2000 extra pieces. Do we know who is designing it?

DonShula

I took the handy list from the last page and added Walmart pricing, as they often discount sets a bit. All of these prices were common across all stores in my area:

75176 Resistance Transport Pod $28.97
75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker $47.44
75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter $75
75187 BB-8 $95
75188 Resistance Bomber $105
75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker $149.96
75190 First Order Star Destroyer $159.96
75526 Elite TIE Fighter Pilot $18.46
75528 Rey $23.08
75529 Elite Praetorian Guard $23.08
75530 Chewbacca $32.32

The boldest items have the best discounts. But note that with double VIP, ALL of these (non-constraction) will be a better value at MSRP from the Lego Store 9/1-9/3, if you don't mind getting your savings as Lego Store credit.

willp2003

The grey rigging is a bit of a surprise, and I'm not bowled over by it, but I suspect it will amaze me when I actually build it, which is often the case. Gonna get the tape measure out tonight and see where it can go!
Might have to see what engine mods have been done in the past as well.

Koren

Yes, it's really nice. I wasn't convinced by the original one, but this one is lovely at first glance. I just hope the cockpit isn't a giant curved sticker.

Not sure I'll love the back engines, but well... I wouldn't be surprised it'll need some tweaking there when you add a lighting kit, anyway.

What if it's a Lepin Falcon though guys. ;)
With Lego unveiling the set that late, if they managed to get a leak, they could have unveiled their copy before the official one. Lepin doing Lego a copyright claim? ^_^

papluh

With Lego unveiling the set that late, if they managed to get a leak, they could have unveiled their copy before the official one. Lepin doing Lego a copyright claim? ^_^

Actualy I was counting on LEPIN to leak it :) So far they have not done a set of their own, it was either official set or MOC copy. So I'd bet it would be based on one of those.
And they have the money to pay some poor soul in countries with LEGO factories like Czech Rep, Hungary or Mexico to sneak out the manual.

I built the first part of Ninjago City. It's really nice so far. Tons of new parts already, and just a million little details everywhere. There were about 250 transparent blue tiles for the water too - on top of plates to make it look varied. Really cool. Also, you have to see how those 19 crowbars are being used.

Some MF pic from Chinese (?) flyer popping up on Reddit.
Not sure if it is the real deal, can't match any existing MOC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/6vijup/the_big_thing/
http://i.imgur.com/obnrCPe.jpg
Yup, that's another gigantic Millennium Falcon alright!

I guess I'm just more of a fan of well made, smaller LEGO ships in general. I did recently get the Saturn V set, which is one of the largest sets (in terms of size) that I've done, but at least it's able to separate into smaller sections.
I think I'd be happier if they did a remake of the Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon. Really detailed sets that are as small as they possibly can be are some of my favorites (like the Mini-Modular set for example).

I know as an investment the Falcon is probably the best set to go for in terms of how well it's value will hold (and go up) over time, but I'm sure there will be 6-10 really great $50-100 LEGO sets coming out in the next few years that I know I'd enjoy building and owning more than just one $700-800 monster set.

But who knows! Maybe the Falcon will have such an amazing interior that it'll completely change my mind, or maybe it'll be like a Creator set and have 2 or 3 alternative builds to keep it interesting (with so many pieces I'm sure you can build pretty much any other grey Star Wars ship with plenty to spare).

I built the first part of Ninjago City. It's really nice so far. Tons of new parts already, and just a million little details everywhere. There were about 250 transparent blue tiles for the water too - on top of plates to make it look varied. Really cool. Also, you have to see how those 19 crowbars are being used.
The new 1x1x5/6 SNOT piece is something I want a lot of.

In the midst of all the UCS MF rumors, I also read something (can't remember where though) about a new normal-scale MF (so a like a 75105), connected to the Han Solo movie Just another rumor or is there more to it?

DonShula

In the midst of all the UCS MF rumors, I also read something (can't remember where though) about a new normal-scale MF (so a like a 75105), connected to the Han Solo movie Just another rumor or is there more to it?

There's got to be a new $150ish Falcon coming for the movie. That leaked catalog showed a box about that size with the "confidential" box art. No way they'd go into the new Han Solo movie without swapping out the figures. The current MF has been on shelves for almost two years. My money is on it being final clearanced in January.

hobozero

Looking for an opinion on next purchase. I have been limiting myself these past few years to just the Ideas series (love that Ecto-1) and the Creator series vehicles. They've been fantastic pieces thus far - I have the Caterham, Mini, and Ferrari.

Was looking to pick another one up, but I'm not sure which to go with:

Right off the bat, I have never been a big can of the VW Van or Beetle look. I might pickup a Golf set if they made one, but that would be about it. The bus looks interesting, but also MASSIVE. Anyone have any experience with these 3? Have a recommendation?

There's got to be a new $150ish Falcon coming for the movie. That leaked catalog showed a box about that size with the "confidential" box art. No way they'd go into the new Han Solo movie without swapping out the figures. The current MF has been on shelves for almost two years. My money is on it being final clearanced in January.

I hope they can make it prettier. The non UCS falcons are always a mess, in my opinion...

DonShula

I hope they can make it prettier. The non UCS falcons are always a mess, in my opinion...

Oh I agree. The current one is just ridiculously fragile. Lego makes some pretty sturdy stuff when they want to, but you can barely touch this thing without it popping a panel. And no matter which way you flip the front hatch, there's a hole in the ship. And you can't sit two minifigs side by side in the cockpit.

It's like they only put enough thought into it for a basic design, failed to make it sturdy enough for a child to play with, then slapped a $150 tag on it.

I still want such a normal-scale MF, I already have the midi-scale.
Guess I'll wait what that new version will be like (just new figures or perhaps a new design?)
If the design won't change much, an old discounted 75105 sounds interesting. -- edit: it's really that fragile?....hmmm..that might change things.

papluh

For me it is the VW Camper van for overall, nicely sized, looks good, build is fine and has the small features like folding seats, etc.And has the advantage being first.

VW Beetle was a really enjoyable build (sans stickers),looks nice, has the small builds.

The bus is kind of impressive in its size, looks ok, but the build is kind of repetitive. I bought it 20% off and I'm glad I waited.

Osahi

Looking for an opinion on next purchase. I have been limiting myself these past few years to just the Ideas series (love that Ecto-1) and the Creator series vehicles. They've been fantastic pieces thus far - I have the Caterham, Mini, and Ferrari.

Right off the bat, I have never been a big can of the VW Van or Beetle look. I might pickup a Golf set if they made one, but that would be about it. The bus looks interesting, but also MASSIVE. Anyone have any experience with these 3? Have a recommendation?
Don't have the bus yet, but boyh VW's are amazing. Beetle was one of the best sets of last year.

The Camper has been on the market for quite some time now btw, so if you want to end up with a as complete as possible collection, I'd buy that one first

mrklaw

MrArseFace

That picture is in the correct order. VW Camper is the GOAT Lego vehicle. Ferrari is pretty nice too. Yet to build the mini but it looks a little too square. Bus I’m still undecided on.

How is the caterham?

hobozero

That picture is in the correct order. VW Camper is the GOAT Lego vehicle. Ferrari is pretty nice too. Yet to build the mini but it looks a little too square. Bus I’m still undecided on.

How is the caterham?

The Caterham is fantastic. I think the Ferrari was a more fun build, but the Caterham looks so damn good complete. Helps that I am a fan of the car, but the engine has so many great fiddly bits :)

I'm not a completionist, so it sounds like the Beetle is going to be my best bet. Thanks for the advice!

papluh

The Star Wars Show has explanation on the funny front legs on the First Order Heavy Assault Walker which is called AT-M6 and it is a mobile artillery type of walker that needs some more stability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTNJNRXfSIg

And a new big FO starship, but I'd say it would be a little plain looking if ever made in LEGO form (compared to ISD)

ghostmind

For reference:

Imperial Star Destroyer (type II) 1,600m
First Order Finalizer (Resurgent-class Battlecruiser) 2,916m
First Order Mandator IV-class Dreadnought 7,670m
Executor Super Star Destroyer 19,000m

Ponn

Banned
So the licensed minifig series that will come later in 2018 is "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" and includes both HP and FB.

So another
johnny depp
fig? Sorry not sure if thats still a spoiler or not so just being safe.

If they are doing a huge Hogwarts or some other HP set I would hope it comes with all the main characters. That way they can feel free to have more of the supporting cast in the CMF line.

Top Bottom