• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Just_one

Screw the Falcon

all i want to know is 2 things :

1 - whats the new modular?
2 - will they go back to normal 32x32 baseplate (which i hope they do , assembly square was the 10th anniversary , lets keep it special)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Winter Village Station
dRehIG9.jpg

In day one.

papluh

Official data and pics on 10259 Winter Village Station
902 pieces
US $79.99 - CA $99.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £74.99 - DK 649.00 DKK

https://brickset.com/article/30114/this-year-s-winter-village-set-is

Special elements include new 1x1 round plate with horizontal shaft, 4x6 roof element in dark blue, gray microphone element, printed ticket element and shield elements with printed clock-faces.
the round plate with bar investigated by New Elementary http://www.newelementary.com/2017/08/a-stud-walks-into-bar.html

Osahi

ghostmind

OpAfCUU.jpg

10259 Winter Village Station, 902 pieces

US $79.99 - CA $99.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £74.99 - DK 649.00 DKK

Available 1st October, with early access to VIPs from 14th September.

Head home for the holidays with the Winter Village Station!

Head for home with the festive Winter Village Station holiday set, featuring a snowy railroad station with wreath adorned lampposts and clock tower, platform, mailbox, green trees, snowy grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, and a beautiful, festively decorated bus with opening doors and a luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages.

This LEGO Creator Expert model also includes a ticket counter with a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets to travelers, plus a coffee shop with a serving hatch and a detailed interior with an espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu. Includes 5 minifigures.

• Includes 5 minifigures: a bus driver, barista, grandmother, child and a ticket agent.
• The festively adorned Winter Village Station features a snowy train station with a clock tower, platform, coffee shop, ticket counter, grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, lampposts, mailbox and green trees, plus a bus.
• Ticket counter features a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets.
• Coffee shop features a serving hatch and a detailed interior with espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu.
• Bus features festive decoration, opening doors, luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages, and a removable roof for accessing the detailed interior.
• Drive the happy passengers to the station.
• Raise the barriers to cross the track.
• Grab a newspaper and relax with a warm espresso from the cozy coffee shop.
• Man the ticket booth, serve the travelers and slide the tickets under the serving window.
• Gather the family for some festive LEGO building!
• Accessories elements include buildable wreaths and wrapped gifts, plus 2 mugs, ticket, newspaper and an envelope.
• Special elements include new 1x1 round plate with horizontal shaft, 4x6 roof element in dark blue, gray microphone element, printed ticket element and shield elements with printed clock-faces.
• Includes 4 straight track pieces to connect with the LEGO Creator Expert 10254 Winter Holiday Train.
• Winter Village Station measures over 7" (19cm) high, 11" (28cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep.
• Grade Crossing when closed measures over 2" (6cm) high, 5" (13cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep.
• Bus measures over 3" (9cm) high, 5" (15cm) long and 2" (7cm) wide.

Designer Video

papluh

Funny thing on those photos, how they pose the railroad crossing sign and barrier (on remote side) logically wrong , just not to show their "ugly" side :D

Rootbeer

Banned
September 1st apparently.
Got that in the mail yesterday!

So hopefully when I walk into the LEGO store on Sept 1st to pick up some Last Jedi sets they'll have it built and on display.

And if that's the case... they should be receiving them very soon (if not already) to get prepared due to how large it is. Assuming it works that way?

They can't expect the staff to build something that giant in a few days. Need plenty of breathing room.

ghostmind

I think the Winter Village Station is perfect for the theme. Looking forward to picking it up in September, and then putting them all back together for the last time (I'm establishing some permanent storage for all of the WV sets going forward).

Ponn

Banned
I love that Train Station. I can see how on its own it might not look exciting on a shelf but if you are collecting and building a WV theme this is a critical piece now. I really love the old time vehicles they keep doing for this theme like the plow truck from Cottage and the PO Truck and now this.

Maengun1

I always pick up the winter village sets now, my first impression scrolling through and seeing the first pic was "well it's good not amazing, but I'm spending the $99 regardless......"

Then I saw $79 and now I love it lol.

I only started with the market year, I wish they'd update the bakery/post office/cottage like they did the toy shop

papluh

doesn't really seem like a 10xxx set

Yes, but that can be said about most of the WV sets with few exceptions.
They are like Junior Expert sets :D with some small SNOT here and there and that's it.
Compared to regular CITY sets, they still look a lot better. But the funny thing is sets like Friends 41323 Snow Resort Chalet don't differ too much on first look (on second you see the lack of any SNOT techniques and some crude colors)

No one else who would prefer something else than yet an other millennium falcon?

Don't own the original so would love the MF but I would prefer an AT-AT.

I'm new to lego anyway and only own slave1 at present so might go for something cheaper like the UCS tie-fighter.

This is the 8th (or 9th) entry in LEGO's Winter Village series.

10254 Winter Holiday Train (2016)

10249 Winter Toy Shop (reissue) (2015)

10245 Santa's Workshop (2014)

10235 Market (2013)

10229 Cottage (2012)

10222 Post Office (2011)

10216 Bakery (2010)

10199 Toy Shop (2009)

I didn't need to see this.
You're evil

Plum

This is the 8th (or 9th) entry in LEGO's Winter Village series.
10254 Winter Holiday Train (2016)

So will the Train be available this Christmas as well? I'm not too fussed about the Station but, damn, that train would look amazing alongside my Modular Street come Christmas time.

Ponn

Banned
Kind of feels weird that they tell you to go to a physical store to find out what it is in this day and age.

I'd be disappointed if I went in to buy only to be told come back in two weeks.

It's Force Friday and they are having a bunch of Star Wars specials starting that day for the weekend only. They want you in the store to buy stuff so its not weird in that context. Also its going to be all over, its the worst kept Lego secret in years. They've just done a bang up job of keeping the actual box and pics secret.

Servbot24

Banned
It's Force Friday and they are having a bunch of Star Wars specials starting that day for the weekend only. They want you in the store to buy stuff so its not weird in that context. Also its going to be all over, its the worst kept Lego secret in years. They've just done a bang up job of keeping the actual box and pics secret.

They weren't exactly attempting to keep it secret to be fair. :p

papluh

So far, everything that we learned about MF came from LEGO and as there was no big leak they were allowed to play this marketing/hype game last 3 weeks. And there have to be real specimen somewhere (with just 9 days to reveal and 3 weeks to release) so this is really surprising.
Ok, there was the screen pic with price, but that was not really confirmed to be real.

So it is not about secret, we are just being played by their marketing... ;)

DBT85

No one else who would prefer something else than yet an other millennium falcon?

Since I don't have and never will be able to afford the original UCS one, I can't fathom why it would be difficult to understand myself and many others wanting one.

Top Bottom