• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

This is huge, like! A bit bigger than I was expecting. Some pretty nice techniques, and a lovely piece on display - can't really fault it too much, especially for the money! Just a colour choice that doesn't fit too well (don't dig all that tan) but doesn't really do too much harm overall because you can't see the bulk of it when it's side-on.

Why the dragons' heads are facing up?

ghostmind

As mentioned on Brickset, the Classic Batman Batcave set is on sale for 25% off from S@H. They are also throwing in a LEGO Batman Movie CMF polybag, the Caveman & Cavewoman promo, and the "Learn to Build" promo at this time, as well as 2x VIP points on this set.

As mentioned on Brickset, the Classic Batman Batcave set is on sale for 25% off from S@H. They are also throwing in a LEGO Batman Movie CMF polybag, the Caveman & Cavewoman promo, and the "Learn to Build" promo at this time, as well as 2x VIP points on this set.

The minifigs and vehicles are great but even so it is a pass. None of the other builds are interesting and the whole thing feels disconnect on a display.

The minifigs and vehicles are great but even so it is a pass. None of the other builds are interesting and the whole thing feels disconnect on a display.

As a fan of the series, the Office with the secret book case and the actual Batcave portion of the set with the Nuclear Reactor are both great looking and good builds, but the firepoles under the office and the rest of the building isn't great. I didn't even bother to build the Helicopter pad since it looked so bland.

For $200 with 2X VIP and some extra goodies, it's a lot more recommendable that it's full price. and if you don't build the helipad and bottom portion of the building, you do get a lot of good pieces, like the large tan plates and some tall support pieces.

Yoda's Hut looks charming. Might grab it discounted as I don't have a Yoda figure yet. Also, that microfigher Millenium Falcon has a weird, brown cockpit. Different look in the Han Solo movie?

Heh, that reminds me of my golden MF Microfighter recolor i did a while back...

Wonder if that is the same color cockpit actually..

bNVuViR.jpg

Why the dragons' heads are facing up?

Because the set was stored in a tight space between building, and I forgot to put them down for the photo because I am an idiot, and then I couldn't be bothered to take another one.

The thing about being an idiot is the important point, there =)

DonShula

LEGO Star Wars leaks from January and April waves

hotlink intentionally removed

Includes NO The Last Jedi or Han Solo spoilers

imgur.com/a/OtxaY

So judging by box size, 75212 is
the new commoner-grade Millennium Falcon then. Fine. I'm not buying it again.

I'm interested in the rest. Would love a close-up of the
Darth Maul
construction. Don't see anything special about the Vader one.

ninge

I ended up just getting some motors with vip points. I might go back later in the week though. If anyone wants an impromptu lego gaf gamescom meet up. Let's do this shit. I'm here til Saturday but at gamescom Tuesday through to Thursday

I'm free Tuesday 6pm until 9 - Happy to get some beers and talk Lego! :)

iuuk

LEGO Star Wars leaks from January and April waves

hotlink intentionally removed

Includes NO The Last Jedi or Han Solo spoilers

imgur.com/a/OtxaY

New Vader, weird, considering how the first one worked out ok and there's still more figures to be done (a snow trooper for instance).

On that subject; finished my figures and yes, the speeder bike was pretty cool and looks great.

Vaders cape is a bit weird though, so maybe that's what they're going to fix. I much prefer the non official way of attaching it, even if it makes it too short.

Wonder why they even added that hole and decided not to use it.

ghostmind

Here's the retailer catalog: https://www.instagram.com/lego_peru/

Please don't post any of it directly here.

- 71020 Lego Batman Series 2 CMF in January (20 minifigs)
- 71021 Regular "Costume" Series 18 CMF in April (17 minifigs)
- Two "Black Panther" sets in January (76099 & 76100)
- Six "Avengers: Infinity War" sets in March (76101, 76102, 76103, 76104, 76107, 76108)
- Six "Minecraft" sets in January
- Five "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" sets in April, along with three Juniors sets and two Duplo sets from the theme.
- Four "Ninjago Movie" sets in December (70628, 70629, 70631, 70632). The last set is garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON.
- Two Star Wars sets (partial listings?) in January (75198, 75199) and two sets (partial listing?) in April (75206, 75208).
- Four "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" sets in January (75197, 75200, 75201, 75202).
- Five "Star Wars: Han Solo" sets in April (75207, 75209, 75210, 75211, 75212).
- Four Star Wars Microfighters in January (75193, 75194, 75196, 75197)
- Two Star Wars buildable figures (Boba Fett & Darth Vader) in January (75533, 75534), and three sets in April (75535, 75536, 75537), the last of which is Darth Maul.
- Four "Star Wars" Brickheadz in January (41602, 41603, 41608, 41609)
- Five Brickheadz (Avengers: IW?) in April (41604, 41605, 41606, 41607, 41507 (large box))
- Four "Justice League" Brickheadz in January (41595, 41599, 41600, 41601)
- Six sets for regular Ninjago in January (70638, 70639, 70640, 70641, 70642, 70643)
- Five Ninjago "Spinjitzu" spinners in January (70633, 70634, 70635, 70636, 70637)
- Five Technic sets in January, including a large "MACK Truck" with Power Functions.
- The January 2018 CITY sets has a minifig dressed up as a tree. Also I think this wave breaks the record for number of helicopters. Five "Great Vehicles" and six "Mountain Police" sets.
- Five "The LEGO Batman Movie" sets in January (70918,70919, 70920, 70921, 70923), including the Bat Space Shuttle that was mentioned previously.
- Four Friends sets in January (partial listing?), including an awesome looking camper/camping set.
- Four CREATOR sets in January (partial listing?), including a red dragon, an extreme sports hangout, a ski lodge, and a surfer van.
- Five "60th Anniversary sets" in January, one of which is a LEGO bucket.
- 3 "The Incredibles II" Junior sets in May.

And no Nexo Knights sets in the catalog, although that might be an omission, since Sir Von Lego already said that Nexo Knights was back in 2018.

Plum

Here's the retailer catalog: https://www.instagram.com/lego_peru/

Please don't post any of it directly here.

- 71020 Lego Batman Series 2 CMF in January (20 minifigs)
- 71021 Regular "Costume" Series 18 CMF in April (17 minifigs)
- Two "Black Panther" sets in January (76099 & 76100)
- Six "Avengers: Infinity War" sets in March (76101, 76102, 76103, 76104, 76107, 76108)
- Six "Minecraft" sets in January
- Five "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" sets in April, along with three Juniors sets and two Duplo sets from the theme.
- Four "Ninjago Movie" sets in December (70628, 70629, 70631, 70632). The last set is garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON.
- Four "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" sets in January (75197, 75200, 75201, 75202)
- Five "Star Wars: Han Solo" sets in April (75207, 75209, 75210, 75211, 75212)

What are the two Architecture skylines? Looks like Shanghai and Las Vegas? I'm not sure.

ghostmind

Sir Von Lego is reporting that we will be getting Harry Potter sets in the second half of 2018. Some of these may be "Fantastic Beasts" sets, but there will be some from the Harry Potter movies.

Plum

Yes, that is correct. 21038 and 21039, both in January.

Thanks, but I doubt I'll bother with those two. I've already got London, New York and Venice displayed and I'm likely going to sell the four singular buildings. The line's not really for me anymore.

Ryuuroden

Nothing visible yet that I am interested in so that's good. Trying to draw down on official sets outside of expensive exclusives. Only been semi successful so far. At least it looks like I won't need any of those new star wars sets.

Pretty sure I saw the Batman Egghead mech in there! Really happy to get a minifig of Egghead, he'll go perfectly with the Classic Batcave minifigs.

Also a little excited for new Brickheadz. I'd honestly forgotten about them since the only ones they'd shown off recently was the convention exclusive ones

Ninjago City is done. Damn, this is a huge and imposing building once complete. So many awesome touches throughout.

My only real disappointment with it is that the sections hanging off make it have a larger display area than Modulars, so I can't put it in the same display case as the other buildings.

Disney Princesses 2018 sets?

-Small Mulan set

-Cinderella Castle

-The Little Mermaid Wedding Ship

-Sleeping Beauty Castle set (with Maleficent!)

-Small Frozen set with Elsa and Olaf

Ponn

Banned
Disney Princesses 2018 sets?

-Small Mulan set

-Cinderella Castle

-The Little Mermaid Wedding Ship

-Sleeping Beauty Castle set (with Maleficent!)

-Small Frozen set with Elsa and Olaf

If Lego was smart they would include a Szechuan McNugget sauce packet accessory with the Mulan set. The set would sell out.

Osahi

Sir Von Lego is reporting that we will be getting Harry Potter sets in the second half of 2018. Some of these may be "Fantastic Beasts" sets, but there will be some from the Harry Potter movies.
My wife will be all over this.

And the bolded they should do with Jurassic Park too :/

Top Bottom