• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

You think they'll ever make another Rogue One set with a K-2SO minifig, or should I just bite the bullet and bricklink it?

They released a Clone Wars set in 2017, so I don't think it's necessarily impossible...

DonShula

You think they'll ever make another Rogue One set with a K-2SO minifig, or should I just bite the bullet and bricklink it?

They released a Clone Wars set in 2017, so I don't think it's necessarily impossible...

Probably depends on how long you wanna wait. The ship he comes with is decent enough to get a rerelease sometime down the line. But a new set might take awhile. I doubt we see more Rogue One stuff any time soon with three new movies on the horizon and none of them having anything to do with those characters.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I did good caving on Palace Cinema, ordered it two days before its retirement was announced. I wasn't planning to buy another modular soon but I figured that one couldn't possibly have much longer.

Seems like a safe bet Parisian Restraunt will be next, but I am curious how long Assembly Square will be around with that price tag. Its certainly going to make it more difficult for me to pick up.

Probably depends on how long you wanna wait. The ship he comes with is decent enough to get a rerelease sometime down the line. But a new set might take awhile. I doubt we see more Rogue One stuff any time soon with three new movies on the horizon and none of them having anything to do with those characters.

Meh, I just ended up buying him. Since I was there, I picked up Naare as well, because I'm addicted to this stupid children's 20 minute long Lego commercial.

The ironic part is they don't even sell sets based on this show, at least not ones that aren't stupidly overpriced...

Looking for a little feedback. Let's say I am wanting to make a bunch of mini figures look like they are in robes and bowing to something. I made a few black and white mock ups, with different trim at the bottom of the robes. I keep leaning more towards the black ones for the sinister look, but not sure. And also what color trim. Feedback on what people think works best would be appreciated.

The Emperor is hilarious in this, and the voice actors they brought back for this little show are ridiculous.

Billy Dee Williams is in this, for crying out loud. And they brought back the dude who always voices battle droids, to be a main character.

If this is the sort of writing and humor in the Lego Star Wars video games, I guess I've been missing out from never playing one.

Haines

Banned
Is there any hype for the ninjago movie among you guys? I would have to assume so?

Im hoping it will be my almost 4 year olds first movie theatre experience, if it looks suitable.

BONUS QUESTION. Is lego walle super awesome? Guy wants 100 bucks canadian on a for sale site called kijiji

I'm excited for it, I don't care much for the theme itself but the movie looks great (thought some of the builds from the movie's theme look amazing). I thought I'd skip it but the trailers have all looked pretty good to me and Lego/WB haven't let me down yet.

Looking for a little feedback. Let's say I am wanting to make a bunch of mini figures look like they are in robes and bowing to something. I made a few black and white mock ups, with different trim at the bottom of the robes. I keep leaning more towards the black ones for the sinister look, but not sure. And also what color trim. Feedback on what people think works best would be appreciated.

Cool idea! I think the shape of the robe trim makes it look like they are sitting cross-legged and bowing; not sure if that's the intent.

Jimrpg

Picked up some more Lego today. Should be delivered in a few days.

I got the Lego Technic Ultralight Helicopter for my wife's cousins birthday. He's 10. Looks pretty rad.

51250888_Alt01

For my kids, they're turning 2 and 4 this month and next, I got them two base plates (sand and green), and a box of Lego Classic each. They've been playing with Lego Creator and Lego Friends sets, but I'm always getting worried about losing pieces. Losing a piece is troublesome, while the piece costs around AU$0.10, its AU$15 shipping. Both the boxes have about 500 pieces.

My girlfriend found this subscription service called Booster Bricks. I have never heard of it until she sent me the link and said I might be interested in it.

Anyone here have experience with them? It's one of those monthly subscription boxes.

Thanks!

DBT85

The more I think about it, the more I want to go "mix the bags" with Falcon... Would be my first time ;)

It seemed like this would be a good candidate for me to finally mix the bags:

DJWc5_iXUAAcaqe.jpg

I did it not because it is easy, but because it is hard. But it will be all built, and it will be built right, and it will be built before this decade is out.

Yes. Yes. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servent. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!

#MixTheBags

R-User!

Have you tried an all black variant?

Or perhaps not using the 1x1 round tiles and going for just the studs exposed?

The tiles seem a tad too big, but maybe I haven't seen robes with bigish circles near the bottom outside of Padme Amidala... :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there any hype for the ninjago movie among you guys? I would have to assume so?

Im hoping it will be my almost 4 year olds first movie theatre experience, if it looks suitable.

BONUS QUESTION. Is lego walle super awesome? Guy wants 100 bucks canadian on a for sale site called kijiji

Super, SUPER awesome

Jimrpg

I'm taking my 4 year old as well. It'll be her first one in the cinema. She can sit thru a movie at home just fine. I hope it's not too loud though.

DBT85

Super dooper awesome. I got a used one to make for my collection and I have one sealed.

A great little guy, he sits next to my TV!

leng jai

1. Parisian Cafe
2. Wall-E
3. Imperial Flagship
4. T1 Campervan
5. UCS Tumbler

Very high chance of the OFS slotting into the top 5 once I get around to finishing it.

It's beautiful.
Be aware though of older sets. They have a weak neck construction that can't fully support that enormous head. Later sets fixed this. And with the right parts, it's also easy enough of course to apply the fix to an old set yourself.

mrkgoo

For seem reason I'm really partial to more basic sets.

Of the sets I own, I think my favourites are:

1) Blue Power Jet
2) Aviation adventures or something the one with the mechanism whereby you can push on the tail wheel and make the propellor spin.
3) I don't know the name, I got it on clearance, but it's a Galaxy Quest set, orange and white drop ship that converts into a buggy and fighter. and comes with a dragon fly kind of bug ship.
4) Ferrari
5) Wall-E
Bonus: The red truck with a yellow off-road vehicle on its trailer (comes with a light brick)

Osahi

On seeing it, this never grabbed me as much as the Mini, Beetle and Camper. Does it stand up in comparison to them?

It's an amazing build (some crazy techniques to get the angles. Same designer as the beetle, so you can expect minibuilds coming togeter in unexpexted ways). Overall it's also a good Lego-replica of the real thing. I don't like Ferrari's but bought it nonetheless because I love this expert vehicle series, and I don't have any regrets.

I think I have a few Wall-Es in a box somewhere.

What do you guys like about the Parisian Restaurant so much?

It looks the part for one. It's incredibly charming, with beautiful colors and shapes. Like every modular, the build is pretty amazing too. It has a beautiful interiour and great figs. It's maybe more than any other modular one that can totally stand on it's own, and it's the one visitors regulary get drawn to in my modular street (which includes pet shop, assembly square, Detective's office, Brick Bank and Palace Cinema)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For seem reason I'm really partial to more basic sets.

Of the sets I own, I think my favourites are:

1) Blue Power Jet
2) Aviation adventures or something the one with the mechanism whereby you can push on the tail wheel and make the propellor spin.
3) I don't know the name, I got it on clearance, but it's a Galaxy Quest set, orange and white drop ship that converts into a buggy and fighter. and comes with a dragon fly kind of bug ship.
4) Ferrari
5) Wall-E
Bonus: The red truck with a yellow off-road vehicle on its trailer (comes with a light brick)

Highway Haulers? Think I have that, or sold it - can't remember :)
Might sell the beetle and mini - no point having a full set as inevitably you'll miss one, and I only bought them for keeping the collection complete. They don't grab me like the T1 or F40

Top 5 in no particular order
- VW Camper Van
- Saturn V
- SW UCS Imperial Shuttle
- Wall-E
- UCS R2-D2

Bonus...architecture small big Ben after I made it look proper

DonShula

Are we doing personal top five of sets we own now?

1. Kwik-E-Mart
2. BB-8
3. Death Star
4. Parisian Restaurant
5. U-Wing

I reserve the right to change my mind any time after I post this.

Haven't opened OFS or First Order Star Destroyer yet.

Osahi

Are we doing personal top five of sets we own now?

1. Kwik-E-Mart
2. BB-8
3. Death Star
4. Parisian Restaurant
5. U-Wing

I reserve the right to change my mind any time after I post this.

Haven't opened OFS or First Order Star Destroyer yet.

If Wall-E didn't exist, BB would take it's spot. I try to not have multiple sets of the same line in my top though. And in the Star Wars line I greatly prefer the AT-ST from Rogue One. What a brilliant model, as well as to display as to play with. (But I think I should go for the last AT-AT as my absolute favourite SW playset)

Ponn

Banned
Power outages were sporadic but everything seems stable today. Water receded outside, can actually get to car today, most damage is hole in ceiling and leak. Finally heard from sister, she's safe but her house is completely flooded and she lost everything. So my nerves are at ease but I feel real pit in my stomach.

Half way done with OFS, amazing set. This is gonna be in my top five for the year and really high up. Won't finish it today though, just not in the mood for anything at moment.

Power outages were sporadic but everything seems stable today. Water receded outside, can actually get to car today, most damage is hole in ceiling and leak. Finally heard from sister, she's safe but her house is completely flooded and she lost everything. So my nerves are at ease but I feel real pit in my stomach.

Half way done with OFS, amazing set. This is gonna be in my top five for the year and really high up. Won't finish it today though, just not in the mood for anything at moment.

Well, good to hear you're okay at least.

DonShula

Glad to hear you're safe.

Patch that hole with Lego.

Osahi

Glad you and your sister are safe. Sucks she has lost her belongings, but there isn't alot that can't be replaced. I am sure you, her and your family will pull trough.

Andrin

If you're going for the black robes I'd definitely go with dark red and/or golden trimming. Think the black pieces of the recent chess set. Maybe have a few "high rank" cultists with more colourful robes, and then keep the rest in pure black or brown?

Rootbeer

Banned
That feeling when Apple announces the new iPhone pre-orders are over a month away and you realize you don't have to buy a UCS Falcon and a $1000+ phone in the same month. whew!

ghostmind

That feeling when Apple announces the new iPhone pre-orders are over a month away and you realize you don't have to buy a UCS Falcon and a $1000+ phone in the same month. whew!

I considered commenting in the Apple announcement thread "Wow, $1529 for an iPhone is expensive, and I buy LEGO.", but then thought better of doing so.

I buy LEGO and Apple phones I'm full of bad decisions.

Posting from my $2000 MacBook Pro...that I bought three years ago.

And on topic, moving more and more towards ordering Falcon online. I can't really skip class Thursday, as we are prepping for a presentation next Thursday. And if I order the Falcon online, that means I will have no distractions through the weekend to continue on the school project and work on my MOC in the meantime.

If you're going for the black robes I'd definitely go with dark red and/or golden trimming. Think the black pieces of the recent chess set. Maybe have a few "high rank" cultists with more colourful robes, and then keep the rest in pure black or brown?

Thanks for the feedback. Funny enough, most of the pieces for this came from the chess set.
I almost did gold trim, but don't have quit as much of those as I do clear red and silver (thanks PAB for those!). But I was aiming for all the cult members to look the same in their robes.
Now the cult leader...already have special plans for them. Already whipped up a mix of mini figures and other special parts to create them.
Now to figure out how bloody I want the altar where they are sacrificing the virgin to be.

nny

Damn, the Saturn V is massive. O_O

And very sturdy - nicely put together. Well, I guess a build this big had to be sturdy.

ghostmind

Posting from my $2000 MacBook Pro...that I bought three years ago.

And on topic, moving more and more towards ordering Falcon online. I can't really skip class Thursday, as we are prepping for a presentation next Thursday. And if I order the Falcon online, that means I will have no distractions through the weekend to continue on the school project and work on my MOC in the meantime.

I'm thinking of playing a dangerous game - ordering via S@H at midnight ET, and then heading to my local LEGO store early in the morning to try and get one in person. If I'm successful, then I can cancel the order from S@H, provided they haven't shipped it by then.

I have to think about this some more...

Top Bottom