• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

The instructions are pretty clear. Only the pieces being added on are colored. The pieces that are already there, turns into pale yellow colored. It tells you when to flip the model and at which angle to flip it at.

Overall, it's a pretty well designed instructions. About 238 steps. I don't think I'll have any problems following it when I get the parts.

It is very high quality, a 268 pages pdf file + sticker sheet + part list. The pdf is quite big, 166MB so I guess not that compressed.

Instructions are easy to follow and steps are detailed. It is quite good, but I have seem better instructions from other MOCs. The quality of the images is on par of old Lego official modulars from some years ago, if you understand what I mean.

But a great value for the price and the author is really nice so I can only recommend it.

Thanks, that sounds great!

The text instructions at bricklink tell you to 'add 3x Tyres 22/30 x 30 ZR (part 44309)' to the parts list. Where do those tires go? I don't see them in the pictures. Does this thing perhaps have a working retractable landing gear?

DBT85

Imma tell you one more time not to mix the bags when you open that thing.

May the force be with you.
Lalala not listening.

The instructions are pretty clear. Only the pieces being added on are colored. The pieces that are already there, turns into pale yellow colored. It tells you when to flip the model and at which angle to flip it at.

Overall, it's a pretty well designed instructions. About 238 steps. I don't think I'll have any problems following it when I get the parts.

It is very high quality, a 268 pages pdf file + sticker sheet + part list. The pdf is quite big, 166MB so I guess not that compressed.

Instructions are easy to follow and steps are detailed. It is quite good, but I have seem better instructions from other MOCs. The quality of the images is on par of old Lego official modulars from some years ago, if you understand what I mean.

But a great value for the price and the author is really nice so I can only recommend it.

Brilliant, I'll have to get myself a copy. I probably have about 20 parts required. Need to sort through my 17+ year old Lego.

Fuck, I want to get a UCS MF when it drops so bad but I know that the "responsible" thing to do is to wait for double points.

Same. I think I'm going to just do it though. Triple points last weekend helped me climb to £150 off.

papluh

Are you US? My store has been giving conflicting info. One day they won't hold. The next they will if you call 24 hrs ahead. Now worried I totally missed the boat.
Europe, specifically German-Austria area. It was also reported online by local fan sites it happens in multiple ahops here. It is not binding to them and the manager decides allocation between shelf and list in the end.

And it was them calling me based on the list done in-store. And I think it was the manager (not 100% sure as this ws the first time I heard him over phone ;) instead in person)

In the end it just says about how many pieces they expect to get if they cannot spare 20 in the next 2 weeks (even if i could get there in 24h max).

Thanks, that sounds great!

The text instructions at bricklink tell you to 'add 3x Tyres 22/30 x 30 ZR (part 44309)' to the parts list. Where do those tires go? I don't see them in the pictures. Does this thing perhaps have a working retractable landing gear?

They are used to make the turbines.

Although the model has a retractable landing gear too, plus working cockpit window.

Any time between midnight and 4am EST. They are unreliable about flipping the switch.

It's Grace Chen Standard Time if you're a PSN fan.

Is there any chance of waking up around 6 AM EST and still being able to preorder the MF or is it expected to sell out within minutes of whenever it goes live between 12 and 4 AM???

Is there any chance of waking up around 6 AM EST and still being able to preorder the MF or is it expected to sell out within minutes of whenever it goes live between 12 and 4 AM???

I'd say it depends on how many they have, which who knows the answer to that. I bet that they use some sort of % of the total number of VIP's to know how many to have on hand for in store and online.

DonShula

Honestly not sure, but on Force Friday, less popular items sold out quickly, and they didn't have the distinction of being the largest Lego set ever. I'd expect them to take back orders for shipping in a few weeks (not just say "out of stock"). But if you want one asap, I'd be waiting at midnight. Scalpers will be out in full force.

So glad this LEGO Ideas project made 10k votes.
It may not be a huge seller, but I think it is a great representation of what can be made with LEGO that won't be found in standard LEGO sets.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/cfaf7a52-02a4-4dc0-8ec3-6b94d7c36069

EDIT: It was a collaboration project with Grant Davis (Grant_Davis_) and Jason Allemann (JKBrickworks). Not just JK Brickworks.

29363459745_480b61bc9a_z.jpg
[
Pop-Up Book by JK Brickworks, on Flickr

Check out JK Brickworks flickr page. JK Brickworks has made some amazing mechanical moving MOCs. I just checked the page and he's create two new ones. Running horse and Santa and sleigh.

Oh man, I forgot about these that he made. I think they are based on wooden toys that worked with gravity.
[ig]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8786/17110163951_b2d2c2d57a_z.jpg[/img]
Gravity Powered Walking Animals by JK Brickworks, on Flickr

The pop-up book is amazing!

Q75Mtk4.gif

If time is not an issue, is it expected that this model will be available for purchase in a few months (or sometime next year, after the holidays) without any fuss of scalping, selling out quickly etc? Or are we destined to fight limited supplies, quick selling out and rabid scalping throughout the lifetime of this model?

DonShula

If time is not an issue, is it expected that this model will be available for purchase in a few months (or sometime next year, after the holidays) without any fuss of scalping, selling out quickly etc? Or are we destined to fight limited supplies, quick selling out and rabid scalping throughout the lifetime of this model?

No way this is a limited release. They'd say so if it was.

Capes and other bits of cloth have always come in separate boxes for me

My bag was also very beat up, it might have fallen out when packing.

Lego customer service doesn't have any left, but they can send me a comparable replacement, I have no idea what that could possibly be, this is kind of a specific piece

Also the plastic on this promo feels a lot cheaper than normal Lego. The head is way too tight, and the legs feel loose.

I did the best sticker placement I've ever done, though, so that's nice.

Just ordered Palace Cinema, since it is retiring. Will be my first modular. I bought a bunch of the 3-1 creator sets during a short period in the summer, so I promised I would hold back a bit as to not go overboard with spending right away. I have, however, picked up a few of the collectible minifigs, they really do fit nicely.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

It’s going to have to - I honestly think my wife would literally kill me if I bought this and the new iPhone at the same time. I might have to live vicariously through you lot for a while, and then see available on double points day

Koren

It's great, but I can't see it being sturdy enough for an official set. I want to build one, though, I just have to find the best theme.

Fuck, I want to get a UCS MF when it drops so bad but I know that the "responsible" thing to do is to wait for double points.
That's only $40 for a $800 set... unless you wait for 3x VIP. If you want to really be responsible, you could as well wait for actual clearance. The whole idea isn't responsible, anyway.

When is the release date in EU, exactly?

(yes, I think I'll bite :/ )

It's going to have to - I honestly think my wife would literally kill me if I bought this and the new iPhone at the same time.
My LG G3 has troubles since yesterday (SIM card "missing"), so I guess I'll have to replace it soon, which annoys me (I never changed a phone that is less than 4-5 years old :/ ) It could have chosen a different time. I'll probably go for a $150-250 device, not a $300+ one... It's fun that I think smartphones prices are crazy and I consider buying a toy for more (even if it should last me far more and may even be easier to resell down the road - which I'll probably never do anyway)

At least, I'm single, it's one of those case where it's a good thing :/ I would probably prefer having someone discussing my buying habits, though.

And I should have a decent income this year...

Just ordered Palace Cinema, since it is retiring. Will be my first modular.
Even if it's not the best build, I'm confident enough to say it won't be the last. Try not to pass on Parisian Restaurant before it retires, it's amazing.

Haines

Banned
Well looks like falcon will have to wait for me.

Theres no way im staying up til 3am or going to the lego store on a work day.

i can imagine scalpers will eat up stock for a while, so this could be fun

DBT85

Wait until you have the Falcon too, and mix both sets together!
Ha.

I'll finish BB-8 and then I'll do trooper /speeder. After that it'll be Slave 1, Snowspeeder and Saturn V. Once I've done those if I'm happy I'll do the Death Star. That one will determine whether I also do MF on Brutal or not. Not sure I have a box big enough for either, might gave to use more than one which will make it even harder.

Genuinely I like the puzzle aspect if finding the parts, as the models themselves are no challenge at all.if I don't mix the bags then I complete them so damned fast it feels like when you eat your great food too quick and are all "awwww, I want more".

DonShula

New Shop at Home catalog came in the mail today. Absolutely no mention of the UCS Falcon - must have been one of the concessions made to keep it secret.

But it does list Assault on Hoth as "LAST CHANCE." The UCS TIE is listed that way as well, but this is the first I've seen official word that the Hoth set is retiring soon.

Also listed as "LAST CHANCE:"

Ecto 1&2
Ferrari F40
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

mrkgoo

Finished the green T Rex and wow. what an improvement on the old red one. So posable! And that red one's face is so derpy.

ymSDuAt.jpg

I just saw the way the red Trex arm is connected, like a plate between two plates by one stud allowing movement, a technique I'm very fond of but always assumed was an illegal connection".

Even if it's not the best build, I'm confident enough to say it won't be the last. Try not to pass on Parisian Restaurant before it retires, it's amazing.

I've decided to pick them up in release order so it's next on the list, assuming they are retiring in release order as well. Will try to fit Old Fishing Store in somewhere soon as well, as I don't want to miss it.

I just saw the way the red Trex arm is connected, like a plate between two plates by one stud allowing movement, a technique I'm very fond of but always assumed was an illegal connection".

Nope. In fact, that kind of technique was use a few times on Blue Power Jet as well.

This lego store I go to says they will only have 8 falcons and about 12 people have called so far about wanting to come Thursday
Welp
Let me try another store

I’ve seen the designer video and all the pics online but that didn’t prepare me for the experience I was going to have when I went to the Lego store in San Francisco today. OMG, it’s absolutely amazing in person. I’ve seen a built 10179 once, but that was three years ago. If 75192 is the same size as 10179, then I’ve forgotten how big 10179 was. I’ve gotten the green light from the wifey a couple of weeks ago and was planning on getting it during double VIP or later. I’m in no rush to get it. Now I’m leaning towards VIP online purchase on the 14th. I don’t want to deal with waking up early and waiting in line. The employee there said they’re only getting four for the VIP release and doesn’t expect any more until 10/1.

On a side note, I wasn’t aware that they did minifigure trading on Mondays at the Lego store. The girl there had a cavegirl and Michael Knight figures on her lapel. I’m not into Dimensions but I am a Knight Rider fan. She said that minifigure trading was for the kids but said she’d be willing to trade with me since she saw how excited I was. I bought a Ninjago CMF mystery pack and traded for the Michael Knight. To top it off, she pulled KITT out of her pocket and gave that to me as well!! Everything is awesome.

Koren

I've decided to pick them up in release order so it's next on the list, assuming they are retiring in release order as well.
That's not a given, and sometimes they remove more than one... I guess PR is iconic, but it's also olive green, not a common color, and that may play into EOL...

New Shop at Home catalog came in the mail today. Absolutely no mention of the UCS Falcon - must have been one of the concessions made to keep it secret.

But it does list Assault on Hoth as "LAST CHANCE." The UCS TIE is listed that way as well, but this is the first I've seen official word that the Hoth set is retiring soon.

Ecto 1&2
Ferrari F40
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

That's quick for the F40. On my wishlist but I don't know if I can jump on it this year. :(

Osahi

Ecto 1&2
Ferrari F40
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
I know there is no love for the movie, but ecto 1 & 2 is a great set. The minifigs are amazing too.ä

Q75Mtk4.gif

I think that this set will likely get approved and made. It fits in that same category as the Ball Maze Ideas set they did a year or two ago (which I kinda regret not picking up).

If they can keep the cost down to $35-40 I think it could do very well. $50+ might be a bit of a harder sell to general audiences, but I still think it's a really cool set idea.

Maybe if you buy 2 you can stack them together and have two pages in one (very thick) book.

nny

It seemed like this would be a good candidate for me to finally mix the bags:

DJWc5_iXUAAcaqe.jpg

I did it not because it is easy, but because it is hard. But it will be all built, and it will be built right, and it will be built before this decade is out.

That's not a given, and sometimes they remove more than one... I guess PR is iconic, but it's also olive green, not a common color, and that may play into EOL...
Okay, that is good to know! However I will keep an eye out so that I don't miss the existing modulars, if they are about to retire I will swoop in and buy them.

DonShula

My personal take is that mixing the bags is OK for ~1000 pieces. Much more than that gets tedious. But some of you love to watch the world burn, so...

Top Bottom