• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DBT85

Holy shit i just finished Wall-E (LTTP on this one) and even though i had it sitting there for so long in my backlog and i saw tons and tons of pics of it online, i just was NOT prepared for so much awesomeness in one go! It looks absolutely stunning when done!!! Those eyes pretty much make the set!

cmqgz8patx6vsa7e8ehw.gif

He's amazing. Great set.

papluh

It's finally been dispatched.

Nice.

I was happy to get tracking number on Friday, but since then the DHL tracking page is stuck at "data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically" no info if they got the physical shipment as mentioned "Next step
The shipment will be transported to the parcel center of ..."

It's finally been dispatched.

BJOCxpG.gif

I just received notification that mine has dispatched too.

I ordered it about 8am on launch day and it went from 'awaiting stock' to 'in warehouse' on Friday. Not as fast as I'd have liked but much quicker than I expected. I was preparing myself for a 7-10 day wait.

Snaku

Banned
Just stopped by the Lego Store, and saw the new Falcon and Ninjago City. Jesus Christ, they're both so big and detailed. I think I'm in love.

Just stopped by the Lego Store, and saw the new Falcon and Ninjago City. Jesus Christ, they're both so big and detailed. I think I'm in love.

Yes!

I mean the falcon was to be expected but NC totally caught me off guard as well, it's like suddenly, modulars ain't shit compared to that beautiful beast of a set in terms of size and detail!

Ninjago City has been on my table since I got it, and the big issue with it is it just looks odd from the side. You have to see it from the corner to see how awesome it is. But when you look at it from either side, it looks off a bit.

EDIT: And now trying to log into LEGO.com to check my order status (not that I expect a change) and can't get it to load my orders. It keeps saying to log in to view them. Ugh.

Ryuuroden

Ugh I fucked up bad on the F40. Turns out I put a connector piece the wrong way in the beginning of the build and I have no choice but to take the whole thing apart :( haha.

Oh well, could be worse.

Oh god, that reminds me, those of you getting the falcon, make sure to take your time, do not be distracted, and do not drink during bags one of the millennium falcon. You could screw yourself over all the way to not realizing it till the last stages if you put any pins in the wrong place. Pay attention to the instructions, there is colorcoding which helps. Do not be the one that has to tear apart the entire thing after 15 hours of progress. Basically as far as I can tell, all the connections hinge on the first phase and no hole is unimportant, it uses most of them. Bag one is critical to get right.

Hmm, guess I should see if there's any the tru exclusives I wanted.

I don't remember any hype over the Black Knight mech.

Maybe I should grab a 2nd creepy Geoff. That for sure is going to be a collector item.

Ponn

Banned
If the cats are merely missing, keep the hope. We lost a dog and a cat during a hurricane, and the cat showed up a month later, the dog 6 months later. Just showed up at the house. Hope everything works out for you family.

Thanks for the support guys. As far as the cats one is technically missing, two of them we found in the backyard when the water started to recede. After that we wouldn't let my sister out there in case we came across the other one, she's been through enough to uncover stuff like that. I'm going to try to get her to get away and come back up with us for awhile while her husband gets the property sorted out.

Maybe I should grab a 2nd creepy Geoff. That for sure is going to be a collector item.

You don't say...

I wonder how quickly this could effect the stores. I want that TLBM bricktober pack damn it!

Snaku

Banned
Finished putting together the Halloween set I picked up. Fun little build, very festive, and blends in well with my Monster Fighters sets. Will definitely make use of a lot of these pieces when I make my Trick or Treating neighborhood down the line.

Yes!

I mean the falcon was to be expected but NC totally caught me off guard as well, it's like suddenly, modulars ain't shit compared to that beautiful beast of a set in terms of size and detail!

Yeah, I was blown away by how old the building itself felt, you could tell that newer architecture was built on top of the old as you went up each level. It felt "lived in." I also really liked the illusion of depth in the canal.

F34R

Thanks for the support guys. As far as the cats one is technically missing, two of them we found in the backyard when the water started to recede. After that we wouldn't let my sister out there in case we came across the other one, she's been through enough to uncover stuff like that. I'm going to try to get her to get away and come back up with us for awhile while her husband gets the property sorted out.

You don't say...

I wonder how quickly this could effect the stores. I want that TLBM bricktober pack damn it!

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you and your family.

First I was like, oh good you found the cats! Then I reread. And then felt bad that I immediately thought of the unfinished portion of Phon's Halloween MOC.

Got an email from LEGO about my initial issue with the Falcon order of it not applying my VIP points. They are going to apply them when it ships, so that is less of a hit to the bank account at least for when it finally does ship.
At the same time, I was beginning to accept that I would be paying out of pocket the full amount then have enough VIP points for a free modular afterwards. But no more stressing about them yanking all my money out now.

Koren

Ponn, I'm sorry to hear about your sister... I hope the missing cat will surprise you by coming back soon. I wish you the best for your family... Where are you living, Florida?

After all the doom talk about St Martin and the like, I was under the feeling that it may have been softer in the north, but it seems I was wrong :/

Holy shit i just finished Wall-E (LTTP on this one) and even though i had it sitting there for so long in my backlog and i saw tons and tons of pics of it online, i just was NOT prepared for so much awesomeness in one go! It looks absolutely stunning when done!!! Those eyes pretty much make the set!
Yes, Wall-E is nothing short of amazing, that's one of those sets that anyone can enjoy, Lego or not Lego. I love it.

Ninjago City has been on my table since I got it, and the big issue with it is it just looks odd from the side. You have to see it from the corner to see how awesome it is. But when you look at it from either side, it looks off a bit.
That's the reason why half of the time I want it, and the other half I think about passing on it.

Since you can't put it with modulars, that's another thing that will require its own place. And somewhere with some vertical space. It's tricky, my flat isn't small, but I begin to have Lego in a lot of places, and I still have a huge backlog.

But seeing positive reviews, I think I'll jump in. I have 300€ in points to spend, anyway (I'll probably lose a bunch of those at the end of the year) so it's kinda a "freebie" (thinking about the amount of money you spent to get VIP points is a bit sick, though ;) ).

Damn the enablers in this thread ;)

EDIT: And now trying to log into LEGO.com to check my order status (not that I expect a change) and can't get it to load my orders. It keeps saying to log in to view them. Ugh.
I've had plently of troubles to even log in myself... Their website seems even more unstable than usual.

Speaking of the Falcon, I don't even know what happened...

Thursday morning, I first tried to pay by Visa card. Got errors, "payment refused", never managed to reach the "success" page. Since I thought the "Verified by Visa" was making things worse (also, my cellphone is half-dead, so it was awfully hard to do 2SA), I tried Paypal once.

I believe more and more that a Visa payment went through, then I reached the ceiling (I've bought a computer for my parents 3 weeks ago, so 1000€ + 800€ x2 is too much), thus the "refused" I got.

The several attempts which were refused by the bank is probably the reason they were scared. They actually tried to call me on thursday, but again, dead cellphone (sometimes, nothing work).

Now, the thing is... according to Paypal, I've made a 800€ payment through them, waiting for Lego to claim it.

My Lego account says I bought a single one, paid by credit card. If it was the Paypal payment that went through, it would say Paypal, correct?

If I want to avoid problems, how do I deal with the Paypal thing? Call Lego? Call Paypal? Just wait?

Very sorry to hear about what happened Ponn, that sucks.

Palace Cinema will hopefully arrive soon, it was back ordered when I bought it and I can't wait to get my hands on my first modular.

I have also been thinking to move my Lego display, right now it is in the kitchen and it is exposed to sunlight a lot. How long does it take for the bricks to start showing signs of yellowing?

DonShula

First Order Star Destroyer feels like an "old" build through the first seven bags. Several instances of tricky placement and steps that aren't in the best order.

It looks nice, but I guarantee little has changed since the last release, and maybe even since the release before that.

I have also been thinking to move my Lego display, right now it is in the kitchen and it is exposed to sunlight a lot. How long does it take for the bricks to start showing signs of yellowing?

I think it takes a couple years at least. But keep in mind there may also be some fading as well. Probably best to move it but no rush.

Finally open the box of LEGO from Force Friday (Tie Striker) and the box was completely crush on one end. This seem to happen a lot lately, last item I go from S@H was the same way. I was surprise how nice the MF print is and regret not ordering all three days. I was thinking they were just folded posters.

Yes, Wall-E is nothing short of amazing, that's one of those sets that anyone can enjoy, Lego or not Lego. I love it.

I keep seeing love for this set. I never got around to opening it but you guys are swaying me.

Eh, fuck it. It's not like it's going to skyrocket in value right?

ericb!

Neo Member
And now trying to log into LEGO.com to check my order status (not that I expect a change) and can't get it to load my orders. It keeps saying to log in to view them. Ugh.

When this happens to me I simply refresh the login page. That usually gets the Order Status page to display correctly.

Ponn

Banned
Ponn, I'm sorry to hear about your sister... I hope the missing cat will surprise you by coming back soon. I wish you the best for your family... Where are you living, Florida?

I live in Jacksonville, my sis lives in Bonita, it's near Naples for non-Floridians. She's starting to want to move out of Florida completely now. I'm not opposed to that myself. I'm tired of them dragging their feet on medical marijuana even when it was voted in almost a year later when it could help me get through at least a few days a week. The politics here and constant heat with no cool winters anymore sucks, I hate Florida.

So seriously when was that TLBM bricktober set supposed to be available at TRU and did we ever get the specifics like how much you have to get? When I get back I'm going to get started on my Halloween moc. I'm going to pull out some old LoTR sets to make the pier.

I've already got an idea for next year combining Disney castle and vampires castle to make a Castlevania moc. The way the inside of Disney castle is sectioned, well honestly most Lego buildings are, already lend itself to making sidescrolling viginettes from the game. Time to put all these damn bat pieces to good use, dodge this Simon!

_Rob_

Thank you all for the responses! I reckon I'll take the risk that younger Ninjago fans won't be able to afford the City set and therefore it may end up with a discount... plus the Fishing Store is gorgeous!

I know that feeling. Got BB-8, the Creator Dino set and a new mechanical keyboard arriving today. I can't do anything meaningful just in case the guy arrives.

Waiting for a delivery can indeed really limit your daily activities. That's why I always choose to have it delivered at the post office. I get a push message upon delivery, very handy.

From Brickset:
"Spoke with a CS rep a short bit ago with some good news. She told me "Waiting for new stock" changing to "Backorder" is a good thing. Going backorder let's them see an actual date when they expect to fill the order by."

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/539233/#Comment_539233

Hm dude says his is scheduled to be filled on the 19th which is today I guess. Interesting. Guess I'll continue to check my order sporadically.

Palace Cinema should be here tomorrow. I know it's one of the weaker modulars but still, it'll be nice to build one again.

Osahi

So, anyone else got the 'wrong' newspaper in bag 3 of OFS?

uC0nrXR.jpg

I assume it's because this piece didn't exist in their graphics programme?

They look close enough where I think they're meant to be the same - the headlines are almost identical ("The Greatest Hero Ever" vs "The Greatest LEGO Hero Ever"), and the overall compositions are pretty similar (both with a tree on the left and a figure on the right).

Osahi

They look close enough where I think they're meant to be the same - the headlines are almost identical ("The Greatest Hero Ever" vs "The Greatest LEGO Hero Ever"), and the overall compositions are pretty similar (both with a tree on the left and a figure on the right).

Yeah, I'm wondering of the one I got is a new version or something. The other newspaper has popped up a lot, but this one I can't remember to have seen before.

papluh

Fan samples? I don't understand. I have the blue map and I think the treasure map here from decades ago

"Fan Media" those sites that obey the rules of mighty TLG on leaks and have good coverage can get sets for review before they go on sale (and some other perks like trips to Billund, etc.)

Top Bottom