• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Seems like they expanded their monofig selection a lot since I last visited the site.
I wonder if they somehow got some of those moulds without print or if they removed the printing themselves. Too expensive for me, but if I had cash to burn I'd get them.

http://monofigs.bigcartel.com

Batman_x_7_%28550%29.jpg
Ninjago+Ninjas.jpg
Protocol+Droids+_uden+SW+logo_.jpg

Seems like they expanded their monofig selection a lot since I last visited the site.
I wonder if they somehow got some of those moulds without print or if they removed the printing themselves. Too expensive for me, but if I had cash to burn I'd get them.

http://monofigs.bigcartel.com

What is this sorcery? I can't find details anywhere on their site on just how EXACTLY they made these figs.... Some of those colors especially for the hair HAVE to be painted hmm...

As you said though, they are super expensive. Pretty though...

DBT85

The old and the new
lxzOoqd.png

ccVKMNL.png

Lets go.

Edit:Bag 1 complete. I'm almost reaching in to the box and pulling parts out at will now. Yaaaaas.

wetwired

I've been MIA for a bit, went on a driving holiday with my kids for 2 weeks. Unfortunately that meant I wasn't home to work on my Batcave before it went on display today.

I literally drove in the driveway, unloaded the wife, kids and luggage and loaded up the cave to take to the already-in-progress show. I managed to get their about 3:30pm to set up just in time for judging. I took the honour of "Best in Show" and won the Ideas fishing hut set.

I don't consider the batcave finished however, still some details I'll add tomorrow and there's a whole planned two face vignette to add on the top left. But here it is so far. Let's call it Version 1.0

P2N3BXG.jpg

I've been MIA for a bit, went on a driving holiday with my kids for 2 weeks. Unfortunately that meant I wasn't home to work on my Batcave before it went on display today.

I literally drove in the driveway, unloaded the wife, kids and luggage and loaded up the cave to take to the already-in-progress show. I managed to get their about 3:30pm to set up just in time for judging. I took the honour of "Best in Show" and won the Ideas fishing hut set.

I don't consider the batcave finished however, still some details I'll add tomorrow and there's a whole planned two face vignette to add on the top left. But here it is so far. Let's call it Version 1.0

P2N3BXG.jpg
Still so fucking good.

(What are your thoughts on Joker Manor?)

wetwired

Still so fucking good.

(What are your thoughts on Joker Manor?)

I've been away so I haven't had a good look at it yet, just on a mobile display. it did make me think perhaps I could buy 2x and remove the jokerized elements and build it into an L shape to put on top of the Batcave for next year

I've been away so I haven't had a good look at it yet, just on a mobile display. it did make me think perhaps I could buy 2x and remove the jokerized elements and build it into an L shape to put on top of the Batcave for next year
At the very least you’ll get some use out of the computers and another batsuit for the vault.

Falcon out for delivery now...
https://i.imgur.com/EQbYo7x.jpg

And now that that joke is out of the way,

P2N3BXG.jpg
Damn, that is incredible. I don't think anyone here is surprised at how well that turned out. Just amazing work.

Uploading more pics soon of detailing?
And, as odd as it sounds, I am curious to see the back side of it and see if you did any kind of support structure on it.

P2N3BXG.jpg

Love the rock work. Where's the feet?

Koren

Uploading more pics soon of detailing?
And, as odd as it sounds, I am curious to see the back side of it and see if you did any kind of support structure on it.
I want more pictures too... Words seems hollow to describe it. Great job.

Any idea on the piece count? The weight?

That's also a true nod to Lego sturdiness, the weight parts must support on the bottom must be insane...

Also, curious about the dinosaur... Is it an easter egg from something Batman related, or just a joke?

DonShula

P2N3BXG.jpg

Send us your touring schedule and we’ll randomly show up at your shows, making cryptic GAF comments while admiring this thing.

“That’s an impressive build. An amazing feet, if you will...”

Haines

Banned
Kind of strange. Lego says falcon was shipped , but all that happened in fedex tracker was a shipping label was created thursday at 2pm?

I hope it doesnt show up and im not at home bc im not expecting it

P2N3BXG.jpg
Looks like there's still lots of room to build till you reach the ceiling. I think you could fit a full sized Wayne Manor above it.

Also I would have loved to see the other entrants faces when you showed up right at the end to crush any hope they had in winning Best in Show

Kind of strange. Lego says falcon was shipped , but all that happened in fedex tracker was a shipping label was created thursday at 2pm?

I hope it doesnt show up and im not at home bc im not expecting it
You might have 2 tracking numbers like I did. One for the Falcon, the other for the freebies. The freebies still show same thing for me on label created. Just check the weight on the fed ex page to know which it is.

Now, mix the bags...
Nevah!

Boxes in boxes. And the bags are spread throughout, so you have to open every box.

That is taking up an entire 3'x6' table. So many bags.

You psychos can mix them all you want.

Ponn

Banned

P2N3BXG.jpg

That is amazing Wetwired. I really can't form any other words seeing that.

Haines

Banned
Is there more pics of that batman custom that show little detIls and dfiferent angles. The front shot does look insane. I just want to see more.

Grats on being a lego genius btw

I checked phon. Both packages say label made thursday. Just seems odd to me. Im in no rush, i just kind if eant to make sure im able to recieve delivery

Haines

Banned
6 weeks old. I cant even remember those days.

For context, my almost 4 year old is working on his lego man, while my 2 year old is sleeping on me.

mrkgoo

P2N3BXG.jpg

What in the world....

*speechless*

Ryuuroden

P2N3BXG.jpg

Very nice, ill have a hard time matching that with my isengard mines, lol. I also have not worked on it for a while, need to get on that.

Ponn

Banned
You might have 2 tracking numbers like I did. One for the Falcon, the other for the freebies. The freebies still show same thing for me on label created. Just check the weight on the fed ex page to know which it is.

Nevah!

That is taking up an entire 3'x6' table. So many bags.

You psychos can mix them all you want.

Thats neat how they have rhe Falcon pic spread over the sides of all the boxes. Now you have to align the boxes when storing them.

Haines

Banned
We need more pictures of this awesome behemoth
What he said.

I have a relatively simple question for yall.

When i started into lego, for my son, i decided the sets were the way to go. You get a fun build, but also lots of unique pieces. The idea was tear them down and throw the pieces all together so he can build and have a variety of different pieces to build with.

So, now we have some sets built, and they sit proudly on display. Suddenly it feels bad to tear them down. That isnt even the part kind if holding me back. The idea of building them again would be a nightmare, trying to find all of the pieces again.

I suppose i will probably be buying sets for a while, so he will always have something to build. So, maybe i just tear the old ones down for the creative bin, and allow him to keep a couple sets for display at a time?

Keep some stuff displayed, but eventually space will run out. But for the creative bin, it will get unwieldy at some point. It is your choice if you want to sort and organize that part. OP has some ideas for sorting and storage for that.

On a different note, I forgot how slow I get while drinking and building. But it is making me savor this beast.

Haines

Banned
Yeah, hes too young to even have any sort of organization going on. But as we get more pieces im going to have to just start organizing by something simple like big part, small part, and special part bins.

I drank too much once and it took me and my wife half an hour to unfuck some poorly following of instructions on the beetle.

To be fair, it is easy to fuck up the Beetle with how odd the angles get on that. Right now Falcon is he same. Polishing off bag 5 now then probably calling it a night after that. Maybe.

Haines

Banned
To be fair, it is easy to fuck up the Beetle with how odd the angles get on that. Right now Falcon is he same. Polishing off bag 5 now then probably calling it a night after that. Maybe.

I loved that build and can not wait to do the van.

Did not take you long to dig into that mother of a ship. Got a spot picked out for display?

I loved that build and can not wait to do the van.

Did not take you long to dig into that mother of a ship. Got a spot picked out for display?

The only place I think I might be able to fit it for now is on the top of my AV rack, but that is take-up by Carousel, Destiny's Bounty, and Saturn V.
But truly, I have no idea where the hell to put this thing once done. My wife has been laughing at me most of the night about that part. She knows I have been wanting this set for 10 years, and that is the main thing I think about as it grows larger and more unwieldy. Seriously, the footprint on this thing is giant. And I only finished bag 5; the frames for the mandibles are bag 6 so that should give me an idea of just how large it will be.

I have also been trying to figure out some kind of way to make a display stand for it to have it at an angle, but I don't know if it can be done easily with how the outer rim of the underside is already coming along.

I am also calling it a night. It is at the point where angles of attachment much be precise, and my level of coherence is not up for that. Maybe time to go back to Super Metroid a bit before bed.

Tomorrow morning: do homework, build Falcon!

Jimrpg

@wetwired - not going to quote the batcave photo again, but thats on the Donatello levels of sculpting.

@PhoncipleBone - congrats on finally getting the Falcon. I love that they binded the instruction booklet. One of the few things I dislike is how some instruction booklets come in two or three books, and some come in the one book. Wish they all came as one book.

When i started into lego, for my son, i decided the sets were the way to go. You get a fun build, but also lots of unique pieces. The idea was tear them down and throw the pieces all together so he can build and have a variety of different pieces to build with.

So, now we have some sets built, and they sit proudly on display. Suddenly it feels bad to tear them down. That isnt even the part kind if holding me back. The idea of building them again would be a nightmare, trying to find all of the pieces again.

I suppose i will probably be buying sets for a while, so he will always have something to build. So, maybe i just tear the old ones down for the creative bin, and allow him to keep a couple sets for display at a time?

Most people are going to have limited space for Lego. Best thing is to do like you say, just rotate through your sets and leave some on display.

We also haven't mixed the parts from any of our sets and still keep each set in a seperate container. This does limit what we want to build. I might start mixing the pieces soon in their seperate themes, ie all the Lego Creator pieces in the one box/boxes.

Another thing I've started doing is buy Lego Classic for the kids. I just got them two boxes for their birthday. Its easier for free build and I'm not as overly concerned about them losing pieces. Losing an important piece from a set is kind of annoying (and expensive to replace)! :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, hes too young to even have any sort of organization going on. But as we get more pieces im going to have to just start organizing by something simple like big part, small part, and special part bins.

I drank too much once and it took me and my wife half an hour to unfuck some poorly following of instructions on the beetle.

Really useful boxes are really useful. You can get a 'chest of drawers' on wheels that takes several trays of really useful boxes and then use for different things. I find it useful to break down bricks and plates separately, and then as your numbers get larger, you separate those further by size (I do it fairly granularly with 1&2 long bits together, 3&4, 6&8, and 'anything bigger')

Special pieces like technic pins or bricks with studs on the sides etc I use the little bins that really useful have which come with lids. They’re about the size of 3 decks of cards stacked on top of each other.

Koren

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that love Really Useful Box...

The 4x3 set is especially nice, you get 12 boxes AND a 12 compartment open container.

Top Bottom