• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Help me LegoGAF - $150 for a used (complete w box) UCS B-Wing?

Seemed like a no-brainer but wasn't this a set folks griped about when it was up for 50% off? Something about the cockpit not opening and construction issues is all I can recall.

If you don’t want it hook me up cause I do lol

Taisaijin

I hold you lot responsible..

0708616eaea444d3aa802a9fccfa3d6e.jpg

DonShula

Sad news in this thread lately. I’m sorry to both of you Ponn and Ryu and hope you and your families are doing as well as could be expected.

I extend my kindest thoughts to all of Lego GAF...

Feels like it. This is tough. Not even started on the actual death star yet. 2 peices of the TIE are eluding me.

...except you because you asked for it. Enjoy repeatedly flipping over the same 30 gray plates for the next month.
/s

Haines

Banned
So have falcon owners actually got the black card and deals it come with it

Thats the most interesting part to me, although i sure dont expect much in reality

DBT85

...except you because you asked for it. Enjoy repeatedly flipping over the same 30 gray plates for the next month.
/s
Lol.

I've actually already had to pile the big plates from both boxes in one corner (still unsorted mind and literally in a random pile with bits jutting out at all angles) but since finding them isn't hard it doesn't feel like a cheat.

I did also added a 3rd container last night to try and help me find these 2 parts. But i was tired and the baby was being a tit so I gave up for the night lol.

Maybe an edging system for my table would make life easier rather than using boxes. My main issue right now is that the layer of Lego is deeper than I'd like. Big bits and small bits are easy to find as they stay on top or sink ty or the bottom but medium parts float around.

Another reason I like doing this is the memory part of it. Not only trying to remember the parts needed for the next few steps, but also "I've seen one of those! Where was it?".

Invariably of course if you can't find the part you need, start looking for something else, it'll appear instantly.

Best part of course is that the more you complete, the easier it gets!

Is giving me pause for thought over the Falcon tho I have to admit.

It's He-Man, basically. Sci-fi + fantasy.

Yep. It's all that they've done since the last hobbit sets for something castlesque. I know they love distinct good guys and bad guys for their action themes. I guess they thought science fantasy might make for a more dramatic cast. It also lets em sell vehicles, which maybe kids prefer to play sets?

Okay, thanks! So is it popular? I know that by virtue of me not being interested in it I am automatically not the target audience so it doesn't really matter, but I would love for them to return to classic castle. On that note, how often do they switch themes up? I know the last pirate theme was like two years ago so when can we expect to see that make a return?

AMUSIX

The Falcon is designed to sit on its landing feet, right? But can it be supported for a long time in another position? That is, I'm thinking of putting it up against a wall for display, but that would mean it'd have to handle being supported from the side rather than the bottom. Will it be able to maintain it's structure this way?

DBT85

A good morning, I found the parts I needed.

Turns out I was looking for a black one when I needed dark grey. My bad.

Just a few steps from finishing the TIE now and back down to 2 boxes.

The Falcon is designed to sit on its landing feet, right? But can it be supported for a long time in another position? That is, I'm thinking of putting it up against a wall for display, but that would mean it'd have to handle being supported from the side rather than the bottom. Will it be able to maintain it's structure this way?
I've seen the old falcon mounted on a TV bracket arm thing and it held up fine. Just need to work out a mount.

Crispy75

VESA bracket has holes in a square 100mm wide, which is 12.5 studs and uses 4mm bolts (0.5 studs) which will fit through Technic holes.

Should be able to get something sturdy worked out to those dimensions :)

papluh

This guy did side display by having a metal console go through the bottom and putting screws through 8 pin holes. So in theory it it hangs on those 8 connections.
http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-75192-falken-aufsteller-34893/ (sorry german only, but has pics and there is google translate :D )
4falcon.jpg

Okay, thanks! So is it popular? I know that by virtue of me not being interested in it I am automatically not the target audience so it doesn't really matter, but I would love for them to return to classic castle. On that note, how often do they switch themes up? I know the last pirate theme was like two years ago so when can we expect to see that make a return?
Well they've killed off original themes after 1 wave of sets in the past, and this is wave 3 of nexo I think. It must be selling alright, probably to kids.

They try to revive original pirates and original castle every few years. IDK if they'll ever give up. Haven't been any rumors that I've seen. No way to know yet.

Got my USC TIE Fighter today! It will be a while before I build it though, my backlog is big already. But I heard rumors of it retiring this year, so I grabbed one before prices start rising.

DBT85

I have finally completed the TIE that comes with the Death star. Baby proving a grand distraction.

With that said however, I'm building myself a new Gigantor Xtreme PlusPlus mixing box before I actually start the Death Star. 2 boxes is proving mind numbing considering the depth of Lego in each. My new magic container will be a) one container and b) larger, so there will be less shit hiding under an inch of other shit.

I have finally completed the TIE that comes with the Death star. Baby proving a grand distraction.

With that said however, I'm building myself a new Gigantor Xtreme PlusPlus mixing box before I actually start the Death Star. 2 boxes is proving mind numbing considering the depth of Lego in each. My new magic container will be a) one container and b) larger, so there will be less shit hiding under an inch of other shit.
You say that now.

Koren

Rpyuuroden, I'm late, but I wanted to say I feel for you and your family. It's awful that such things happen, and I loath people that run away for any reasons. I wish you the best, and that I could do more...

thanks , usually how long until rumours start to appear?

wasnt it late september?
Pretty sure we got AS name at the end of september 2016. But I believe we got rumors earlier in the past...

Falcon still hasn't gotten to the local FedEx hub, despite leaving IL at about 11 last night. So probably will have to wait for tomorrow delivery instead of going and getting it from the hub today.

Guess that means it is an SNES Classic night.

I wish shelving companies were more consistent with the stuff they put out. Every time I want to expand my Lego display, the shelf I bought 6+ months ago is sold out. So I have to get a different style.

Anyone got a good company that puts out nice easy to put together open backed shelves for less than $100 that don't go OOP in less than a year? This is my struggle

I wish shelving companies were more consistent with the stuff they put out. Every time I want to expand my Lego display, the shelf I bought 6+ months ago is sold out. So I have to get a different style.

Anyone got a good company that puts out nice easy to put together open backed shelves for less than $100 that don't go OOP in less than a year? This is my struggle

Really, the easiest solution is getting wire rack shelving or those metal garage shelves. The wire rack ones are pretty standard across multiple companies, etc.

corin7

Neo Member
I thought they were hard to put together? My mom said to not buy IKEA unless you're okay with spending half the day putting it together

Has not been my experience. There is some assembly but it is not hard to do. Ironic that we are discussing this in a Lego thread.

I thought they were hard to put together? My mom said to not buy IKEA unless you're okay with spending half the day putting it together
I've bought shelves from there and they're simple as heck. Only thing I've seen in Ikea furniture that even approached complicated were reinforcement crossbars in a bedframe my friend bought.

The negative stereotypes of Ikea directions make me feel like the average person has very poor spatial reasoning.

I have wire racks and ya, they aren't as pretty as Ikea shelves, but I got black ones so they don't look terrible. They are more useful since you can hang stuff and it's so interchangeable with different attachments. I don't miss my old wooden shelves, which were pretty but heavy and took up more floor space for less usable shelf space.

Although that style of shelf is very interchangeable there are some small differences in spacing with the wires, and I've had to return some dividers that didn't fit exactly.

No offense, but if you think Ikea furniture is hard to put together you have no motor skills at all. Everything is very neatly laid out for you, step by step, and they are almost as good as Lego at having logical instructions. The only way to fail at building Ikea is if you start doing it your own way. That never works, since things are designed to come together in a certain order.

If you can build Lego, you can build Ikea.

ghostmind

No offense, but if you think Ikea furniture is hard to put together you have no motor skills at all. Everything is very neatly laid out for you, step by step, and they are almost as good as Lego at having logical instructions. The only way to fail at building Ikea is if you start doing it your own way. That never works, since things are designed to come together in a certain order.

If you can build Lego, you can build Ikea.

Mix the boxes!

Falcon left Nashville and on the way to KY. Should be out for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully very early in the day.

No, I haven't been obsessively checking the tracking like every 30 minutes for the entire day.

No, I haven't been planning my entire weekend around only building this beast when it shows up.

Top Bottom