• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DonShula

I’ve decided I’m going in for the holiday themed Creator sets. Will check out my local Lego store when I get back from my trip, and order online if I need to. Are the holiday sets typically sold in stores? I don’t recall seeing them at mine, but I wasn’t necessarily looking for them either.

Checking the website, the Thanksgiving themed $10 set isn’t even listed. Maybe it’s categorized incorrectly?

Edit: found it. Has the correct tag, but doesn’t appear in search results for that tag. That website continues to limp along.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Amazing Fabuland Falcon :)

37338966090_b4f42f0c4d_b.jpg

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/10/10/fabuland-freight-service-fast-fabulous-fun/

Hah, great idea! Love me some Fabuland.

Ravek

Banned
When I go to cart, the VIP set doesnt shows up.

My cart is at $200, I'm logged in and I have all the promos but the VIP one?

Edit: it showed up

Osahi

I only buy online because of VIP Points and stores in Portugal inflate prices a lot but thanks anyways
Sucks you guys don't have physical Lego Stores. At least Lisbon should have one. (Would be great for me too, as I am in Portugal a lot and prices on some sets are lower than in Belgium).

The Saturn is available jn physical lego stores, as stock is going to them first. Saw 5ish on my last visit. I think patience is szdly your best bet. Soon they'll be back online, I am sure

Darn. Apparently Bricks & Pieces and/or Pick-a-Brick don't count towards the VIP promo. Oh well. I was going to buy other stuff to get me up to the $120, but not anymore.

Did you try both? In the past PaB has always counted, while BaP doesn't as it falls under customer service rather than the store.

I don't know why they'd change that, unless it really is just to stop people buying a single 1x1 brick to get them over the minimum spend threshold.

Did you try both? In the past PaB has always counted, while BaP doesn't as it falls under customer service rather than the store.

I don't know why they'd change that, unless it really is just to stop people buying a single 1x1 brick to get them over the minimum spend threshold.
I'm buying about $60 worth of parts, and was then going to buy another $X of sets to get myself over the threshold. However, I ended up having to add enough stuff to the cart where the additional sets fulfilled the threshold by itself.

Picked up the (UCS) Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike at TRU yesterday to qualify for the Bricktober Batman Figures set. I had them price match Amazon to save a few bucks. Ended up having to buy a polybag to get back over $50 to qualify. Lady said I got the second to last set.

Deciding whether to pick up the holiday train and a small set to get the VIP promo.

Ryuuroden

Gave my wife 3 choices :

Caroussel (which i think it´s her favourite)
Ferris Wheel
Ninjago City

Lets see what she picks for 2x VIP points...

out of these 3 whats the best one?

My fiancee is apparently ordering my Christmas present today. She is choosing between

Disney Castle
Carousel
Ninjago city
Snowspeeder

Osahi

Ditto! Although now I fear it may arrive Thursday as opposed to Friday when I'm home... first world problems I suppose!
Yup. I won't be home when it arrives thursday or friday, as it's film festival in town and that's when I take of from work to spend days in the cinema. Hope my neighbours accept it. It's a birthday present to myself, 330 euros for becoming thirty :p

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Hello Lego Thread. I have been away from you while I deal with our families' debt. Thank you Dave Ramsey. While that is not completed in full yet I just made a double VIP purchase. I was able to get Brick Bank, Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters and Winter Village Station. Still have a lot of stuff I want to buy, but they will have to wait until student loans are paid off. That Falcon will be mine!

wetwired

Aren’t there a few tiles that extend past the edge of the wall to cover he edge of the back wall? I’m not at home and can’t look.

No this is height wise, the door was one plate short after placing the little awning with the fish on it, it didn't line up with the walls on either side. I had to grab on of those 1x4 tiles with studs on either end from the boardered floor at the front to make up the difference

I have $500 to spend during this 2x promotion. Help me, Lego Gaf!

I want:

Deathstar
Snowspeeder
Slave 1
Ninjago City
Ninjago Temple
First Order Star Destroyer
First Order Heavy Assault Walker
Mil. Falcon (non ucs one)
Tower Bridge
Helicarrier
Silent Mary
Destinys Bounty

I don't know how to narrow this down!! :(

I don't know how you all are placing orders. The store was showing 0 items on my wishlist and costs in Euros in the morning. Now it says LegoID system is unavailable.

I want:

Deathstar
Snowspeeder
Slave 1
Ninjago City
Ninjago Temple
Tower Bridge
Helicarrier
Silent Mary
Destinys Bounty

Is the Ninjago Temple the Airjitzu one or Ultimate Ultimate Weapon? If AIrjitzu, that should be priority over everything else.

I want:

Deathstar
Snowspeeder
Slave 1
Ninjago City
Ninjago Temple
Tower Bridge
Helicarrier
Silent Mary
Destinys Bounty

I would think Helicarrier because it's the oldest and most likely to retire, especially given the shelf space needed and rare parts.

Is the Ninjago Temple the Airjitzu one or Ultimate Ultimate Weapon? If AIrjitzu, that should be priority over everything else.

I have the ultimate ultimate weapon unopened. I was talking about airjitzu.

So ninjago city and airjitzu would be a good combo??

EDIT: airjitzu is not available on lego shop. :(

I want:

Deathstar
Snowspeeder
Slave 1
Ninjago City
Ninjago Temple
Tower Bridge
Helicarrier
Silent Mary
Destinys Bounty

I mean, I do have a Temple of Airjitzu unopened upstairs...
I could be talked into a trade. I only got it as a parts pack, but I can be swayed.

But outside of that, on your list I would say that the non UCS stuff (like regular Star Wars sets) can be found for a steep discount in the next year or so, so hold off on those.

Tower Bridge is the parts pack to end all parts packs, and is killer for the price. Helicarrier looks awesome when done, but is probably the lesser build of the rest of that list (well, maybe Snowspeeder is not as good a build).

Destiny's Bounty is really, really damn good. But that is another set you can probably find at a steep discount pretty soon since many retailers will be carrying it.

Silent Mary is a very unique build and looks amazing when done, but it isn't for everyone.

Ninjago City is like a modular put through some drug fueled window. Great build and looks great from the corner, but looking at it from either side diminishes it.

Best Star is a rather pedestrian build, but it is just a giant nostalgia trip as you build it that I don't care about the build techniques. It is the closest I have been to feeling like a kid again.

Slave 1 is a fantastic build and a great display piece. Better build than UCS TIE, but I am biased towards the TIE as a display piece because it is one of my favorite SW ships.

Ryuuroden

Forgot to add that Big Ben is also on my list. I'm pretty sure she got me the castle which would make me uber happy and legit in awe cause that's a good portion of a weeks paycheck for her after taxes. I'm pretty sure because when she called me today to ask about VIP she said she wanted to buy the carousel on Black Friday not because I want it but because she likes it. Legit best future wife ever (of course I'm biased, no offense meant toward any of your wives.). I don't know what's gotten into her because each of the 4 kids is getting like 3-4 sets when last year she was hard to convince to get any for the kids. The youngest is getting a 100 dollar duplo set. I think she's totally into duplo now because we have a 5th KID COMING and this one is mine (we are stopping at 5, she saw how much I love the other kids and wanted to give me one before tying up). I super stoked about raising a second baby. Our youngest is three now and I've been in her life since she was 6 months old and she's amazing.

Just a shout to those of you who never want to have kids. You may be wrong about yourself. Before I met my fiancée, I never wanted to have kids. Then I met her, fell in love with her, met her 4 kids, fell in love with them, now we have a 5th one coming and I can't believe there was a time I didn't want kids in my life. We are coming up on 20 weeks now and everything so far has gone well and all tests have come back good. And boy have I gone off topic, it's been a rough couple weeks for the family but I think we will all make it through just fine and we are helping the kids through it too. I broke some bad news here on the 27th. I wanted to share some good news.

Forgot to add that Big Ben is also on my list. I'm pretty sure she got me the castle which would make me uber happy and legit in awe cause that's a good portion of a weeks paycheck for her after taxes. I'm pretty sure because when she called me today to ask about VIP she said she wanted to buy the carousel on Black Friday not because I want it but because she likes it. Legit best future wife ever (of course I'm biased, no offense meant toward any of your wives.). I don't know what's gotten into her because each of the 4 kids is getting like 3-4 sets when last year she was hard to convince to get any for the kids. The youngest is getting a 100 dollar duplo set. I think she's totally into duplo now because we have a 5th KID COMING and this one is mine (we are stopping at 5, she saw how much I love the other kids and wanted to give me one before tying up). I super stoked about raising a second baby. Our youngest is three now and I've been in her life since she was 6 months old and she's amazing.

Just a shout to those of you who never want to have kids. You may be wrong about yourself. Before I met my fiancée, I never wanted to have kids. Then I met her, fell in love with her, met her 4 kids, fell in love with them, now we have a 5th one coming and I can't believe there was a time I didn't want kids in my life. We are coming up on 20 weeks now and everything so far has gone well and all tests have come back good. And boy have I gone off topic, it's been a rough couple weeks for the family but I think we will all make it through just fine and we are helping the kids through it too. I broke some bad news here on the 27th. I wanted to share some good news.

5th kid? My, you have been busy!

And yeah, I want kids as well. I didn't care one way or the other for the longest time, but this past year I have wanted one so much. We shall see.

And congrats!

And my wife is better. *raspberry sound* *runs away*

we have a 5th KID COMING and this one is mine (we are stopping at 5, she saw how much I love the other kids and wanted to give me one before tying up).

Congratulations! You should build a bassinet out of LEGO. Black pieces, of course, since you own literally all of them.

Also, good luck on that whole "procedure" business. YMMV but from experience it may suck and be horrible :)

Wetwired, since that pic to Idris Elba!

😆

Also, good luck on that whole "procedure" business. YMMV but from experience it may suck and be horrible :)

I misread his sentence I though it was not on his side. Anyway good luck, you know they say that 99% of cases are super easy, but I was one of the 1% last year. Nothing damaged but a month of pain (plus I was not super fan of being awake during the procedure - well I should stop scaring you 😳)

And congratulations 🍾 for the new baby.

simplyred

Neo Member

🍾Congratulations!!!! 🎉

mrkgoo

Full sized mech dragon set? A KINGLY GIFT!

The green dragon from the ninjago movie, with lloyd and gamardon.

It looks cool, but don't know how good the build is (I've only done one other ninjago dragon from years back, and it was kinda meh). The fact that this has a size declaration on the back of the box indicates it might be something special though.

Excited to build it! Just saw the movie, and I really liked it. My favourites were the green dragon and the lightning jet.

Jimrpg

The Disney Castle makes a lot of sense if you have 5 kids.

DBT85

I've still not finished the Death Star. I think I've managed about 5 hours in the last week. I've resorted to cheating. All 2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 2x8 bricks and plates are in sorted piles along with some other bits. I have failed. I honestly think had I been able to start before the little one arrived it was doable, I did probably half with the bags fully mixed.

Back at work tomorrow night after 9 weeks off to see my little girl through her first 8 weeks.

wetwired

Just built the Batwing, quite a quick build really but solid as a rock. I'm not really sure what the point of the moving mechanism is as it just moves the engines up and down but the wings stay horizontal.

Now just the Assembly Square remaining...

Top Bottom