• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I really need to build all those other Galaxy Squad sets i bought back then... I actually only built Hive Crawler and Swarm Interceptor, which were both great but... i need to get around to Vermin Vaporizer and that orange/white (not the mech the other one) one where i can't figure out the name right now.

My only issue with the GS sets was all the stickers. Some of them were really hard to get right. Otherwise I think they're almost all terrific builds.

Minus the super-hero stickers, and with minimal MOD'ing, you could have this as a Galaxy Squad Buggoid palace.

If only CERN had shifted us into a reality where Galaxy Squad was now in its 5th year of awesomeness...

If only those parts came in transparent yellow, it could be a Blacktron base.

Does anyone know what polybag this one came in:
img_0010a0lsz.jpg
Making space for my 2 sets+Batmobile mini from the retire sale and found it behind a book.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
A new PotC trailer is out, and the zombie sharks are featured prominently again.

https://youtu.be/KrGyD4kHTSE

LEGO has revealed the Silent Mary in a most unusual way... we are still without a box image or a designer video two weeks ahead of VIP release.

The designer video may sway me but i'm not feeling the Silent Mary at all. Film either for that matter.

Def in for the zombie shark though, give me that now. Maybe TLG are saying it for the summer City Coastguard wave :p

DonShula

Could it be the Temple of Airjitsu?

Or is there a new one?

ToA is slick as hell, I've got it sitting in my living room waiting for a space to build and put it. Looks sooooooo nice built.

No, I read about it on another forum an assumed if it was legit someone here would know. Maybe it's nothing. I just thought it sounded odd.

ghostmind

No, I read about it on another forum an assumed if it was legit someone here would know. Maybe it's nothing. I just thought it sounded odd.

I mean it's possible - from what I've heard the Ninjago Movie sets are going to generally be larger (and more expensive) than the LEGO Batman Movie sets, but I've heard nothing about a modular so far.

I have to imagine that the term "modular" is being used to describe the potential scale and detail of a large Ninjago set....not that it means there will actually be a 32x32 1920s/1930s style building on a street.

I have to imagine that the term "modular" is being used to describe the potential scale and detail of a large Ninjago set....not that it means there will actually be a 32x32 1920s/1930s style building on a street.

Although...that could be neat as well if done right. Chen's noodle place for instance, or Dareth's Dojo.

edit: nevermind i am thinking about the show of course, the movie likely won't even feature these places :(

papluh

Also in Creator "modular" is used to describe the sets where you can rearrange parts - like the Lighthouse or upcoming big house.

iosefe

Also in Creator "modular" is used to describe the sets where you can rearrange parts - like the Lighthouse or upcoming big house.
Or even the smaller vehicles like the red racer, the blue express, and the air show aces

You can mix and match parts between them

Just found a sealed Fallingwater set still at retail price in a local toy store. Go or no go? I usually don't get archicteture sets, but this looks got. Also found a Robbie house sealed but its retail price is double here (too much for me now).

Just found a sealed Fallingwater set still at retail price in a local toy store. Go or no go? I usually don't get archicteture sets, but this looks got. Also found a Robbie house sealed but its retail price is double here (too much for me now).

I'd definitely get it if I were you. I don't have it but it's one of the Architecture sets I really like the look of.

Look at it this way: if you don't get it, will you regret it?

I managed to get Farnsworth at retail well after it went OOP - that's always been my favorite.

I'd definitely get it if I were you. I don't have it but it's one of the Architecture sets I really like the look of.

Look at it this way: if you don't get it, will you regret it?

I managed to get Farnsworth at retail well after it went OOP - that's always been my favorite.

That's the only architecture set I have. Love it. The Arc De Triomphe might be my second one.

Sometimes I wonder why I ask these kind of questions, you are a bunch of sick enablers
answer: To get the answer my inner devil needs

Back to the store after finish my lunch. And don't tell me about Robie's House, please.

kaiju

Went to Legoland for the first time ever a few weekends ago. Really awesome place to visit, and I was in awe of all the exhibits. My kids had a blast and my wife and I did too.

Only problem to report was the figure trading thing. My kids were looking forward to trading their figs, only to find a bunch of real crappy generic figures with missing hands, hair, legs, etc. The best thing they had was the upper half of the Maleficent fig minus her legs and cape. There was a cool looking werewolf figure but the Model Citizen guy (legoland employee) grabbed it for himself before my kids had a chance to trade for it.

We had visited another trading area, same thing. But the previous employee let my daughter "switch" a hair for her girl fig she had traded for (that had no hair). When she asked the employee at the next area for a girl shirt to try to make her figure more girly, he was very blunt to her and said she can only trade fig for fig. She's eight, and tears began to form in her eyes. I had to step in and explain, and he gave her an "I love Legoland" torso. She finally had a "mix and match" girl figure she was happy with.

I do see the problem with this "trading" thing, as my kids had pretty decent figures to trade (Cyclops, Hawkeye, Scarecrow, etc) which were swooped up almost immediately by parents (yes, parents) who would basically steal for themselves or their kids since they would not trade a figure in return. That is why all that is left are terrible leftover "pieces" of figs not worth trading for.

This image I found online is close to what I'm talking about, although our visit looked even worse:

The employees are overwhelmed, and it's just not a good system they've got atm. If I were Legoland I'd have a designated area where parents must buy a Lego blind bag minifigure for their kids, that they can trade one-on-one with the Model Citizen. That way they can have a good selection of figures coming in and out at all times. /end rant

The Legoland Hotel was pretty awesome. The kids got this Travel Pack set in the treasure chest that appears to be a Hotel exclusive? Can't find much info about it.

willp2003

I didn't think Europe were getting double VIP points this month (not on the calendar) but hothbricks are reporting it will be on 6th-16th March.
Guess I'll be ordering assembly square then!

wetwired

After my LDD designs I physically built the Batman Animated Series Batmobile and the 89 Batman Batwing last night, still short a few pieces though so I either had to make colour replacements or just leave out the missing parts for now while I wait on bricklink orders

Ponn

Banned
I was trying to play some of my backlog Dimensions sets today and got to the Mission Impossible lavel pack. Firstly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was kinda fun, you can even play it stealthy (for a Lego game) if you want. Of course that's not my style, Supergirl wrecking shit all day every day. I had to break out laughing though because it plopped me into the adventure world after the levels were done and Lego geography is just F'ing crazy. I started out in Langley crossed over a flower bed and suddenly i'm in Prague. I mean i'm used to crazy shit in Lego games but this just got to me for some reason.

DonShula

I was trying to play some of my backlog Dimensions sets today and got to the Mission Impossible lavel pack. Firstly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was kinda fun, you can even play it stealthy (for a Lego game) if you want. Of course that's not my style, Supergirl wrecking shit all day every day. I had to break out laughing though because it plopped me into the adventure world after the levels were done and Lego geography is just F'ing crazy. I started out in Langley crossed over a flower bed and suddenly i'm in Prague. I mean i'm used to crazy shit in Lego games but this just got to me for some reason.

Have you played the Dr Who level yet? The adventure world goes beyond intercontinental...

Ponn

Banned
Have you played the Dr Who level yet? The adventure world goes beyond intercontinental...

Yes, I love the Dr. Who level pack and adventure world. I remember taking portals to different areas though. I'm not an avid Dr. Who fan so maybe I missed something. I don't know, Lego games are silly and nonsensical anyways that just hit my funny bone for some reason.

*Hop* I'm in Virginia, USA *Hop* I'm in Prague!

After my LDD designs I physically built the Batman Animated Series Batmobile and the 89 Batman Batwing last night, still short a few pieces though so I either had to make colour replacements or just leave out the missing parts for now while I wait on bricklink orders

I wish I could perform a Vulcan Mind Meld with you.

mrkgoo

Took some pics, shit lighting and obviously WIP

some engine parts missing from the bonnet/hood of the batmobile and some grey substitutes in the batwing and missing some 2x2 wedge plates on either side of the cockpit

OMG that brings back memories.

I had a little micro machines sized batwing when i was a kid, and I loved it so much.

Man, that TAS Batmobile may well be the most SNOT-astic LEGO vehicle ever.

On a completely unrelated point, I just realised there are 3 LEGO models of the Sydney Opera House. Only the Death Star has experienced so much love.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The Legoland Hotel was pretty awesome. The kids got this Travel Pack set in the treasure chest that appears to be a Hotel exclusive? Can't find much info about it.

Fuck, this is so cute :) I need to do a "take specific minifig with me to take pics of it on holidays" one day.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I didn't think Europe were getting double VIP points this month (not on the calendar) but hothbricks are reporting it will be on 6th-16th March.
Guess I'll be ordering assembly square then!
Ah, hope so!

Ive got a few things im wanting so having double VIP will def get me on board.

Man with the release of the newest Zelda im really wishing Lego could do a series or 2 of Nintendo figures.
Back when OOT came out me and a friend used to pretend we had Zelda Lego and built dungeons and everything.

Any talk of a 2nd Disney set?

On a completely unrelated point, I just realised there are 3 LEGO models of the Sydney Opera House. Only the Death Star has experienced so much love.

This actually happens a lot with licensed sets. Quinjet has had three full-sized models and two mini builds....I think there are at least 10 or 12 Tie Fighters, not including Advanced ones, Bombers or Interceptors. I think there were five decent-sized Falcons too.

From a "huge set" perspective you're probably right though. Although Big Ben has had three sets as well I think....

Is it fair to say that there have been four Sears Tower models? I don''t know the specifics of what happened with the naming of that set (21000/21001).

I just finished the Y-Wing. After building the Imperial Shuttle, I was once again surprised by how damn huge this thing is. For all of the tiny clips, there also a lot of negative space with the engines. I don't know if any of the Star Wars ships are actually minifig scale, but this makes a reasonable attempt, I think. There's some really cool building, although there's also a TON of repetition considering that it's completely symmetrical.

I need to make a Star Wars group shot at some point. Even though I may eventually get the new A-Wing just for Lando, I now have the ones I consider classics: the MF, the X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing and the IS. I might also pick up a regular TIE the next time they make one. For now, I need to figure out how to fit all of these in my shelves display.

Koren

I don't know if any of the Star Wars ships are actually minifig scale, but this makes a reasonable attempt, I think.
Well, "minifig scale" is an impossible definition (and there's variability in SW ship sizes, also, depending on the source material), but I think it's too small... Especially if you put it alongside other fighters from the "normal" line.

"Normal" X-Wing (like Poe), First Order Tie are all ~1:35 (well, comparing to Ep 4-6 X-Wing, I've heard that TFA X-Wing are a bit smaller)

UCS Falcon is ~1:42, UCS Slave 1 is ~1:46. USC Shuttle is ~1:55 I think. Most UCS "small" ships are far too big (but at the same time, they don't try, they don't include minifigs). Especially the coming snowpeeder (may be close to 1:18?)...

75175 A-Wing is ~1:48

75172 Y-Wing is ~1:57

I usually consider minifig-scale being close to 1:42 (and the Falcon was advertised as minifig-scale, so that would fit), but you can choose pretty much anything from 1:35 to 1:50. Modular are probably closer to 1:35.

So I'd argue that UCS Falcon and normal X Wing / Tie are a good match.

Ponn

Banned
Super excited for Silent Mary...

-Zombie sharkS!!
-Ship build with no(?) hull pieces
-Ghost ship!
-Rad sails
-Zombie sharks!!

I'm sure I'll display it with all three masts upright though. Not a fan of that bit. In fact I see a few points that could make for a much better display with a bit of customization...

Put this together to see if I still liked it or if I didn't and would sell it to buy other Lego but after putting it together, nah it has to stay in the collection. Had pretty much all of the UFO sets at one time and always thought this one and the big spaceship with pulsating lights were the best out of them.

ghostmind

Reminder that 2X VIP is now active on S@H and LEGO stores in North America, until March 16th.

If you don't have the 70751 Temple of Airjitzu, at $160USD sale price, plus 2X VIP, this would be a good time to pick it up before it goes OOP.

Top Bottom