• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Hmm my mom wants to know what I want for my college graduation present and I'm thinking of palace cinema right now because it could retire this year and I probably wont be able to afford a modular building for a while but detective office looks so good and has an infinitely better interior. I think palace cinema looks better from the outside though. Nyugh....
Detective Office is superior in every way, but Palace Cinema is going to disappear first, so jump on that.

The Doctor Strange set is marked as retiring soon in Europe. While Strange might pop up again, we're probably not getting Tilda or Chiwetel anytime soon.

Osahi

C8z_zNvVoAA5Sze.jpg

Stop teasing us Lego and reveal this thing allready!

EDIT: just noticed there is a 3x VIP promotion in Europe???

Osahi

Combined with the free VW!

And there is nothing I want to order at the moment :(

Sets I'm somewhat eyeing like the Guardians of the Galaxy-stuff will go down in price eventually in regular shops, I'm not fond of the Brickheadz en even with 3x VIP the UCS Tie is very expensive...

Might pull the trigger eventually on the latter one, as I might get some good financial news later next week (new assignment coming trough...)

Osahi

Pretty good savings on Death Star. But, uh, as a Swede I don't really feel like making big luxury purchases today :(

Stay strong there. Don't let those cunts get you or your lovely capital. As a Belgian I know what those kind of attacks can do to a society, but in the end everybody picks themselves up again.

In Lego news: talking about the UCS Tie here made me go googeling. Seems like a local toy shop has a 20% off Star Wars sets deal at the moment and has UCS Ties in stock, which means 185 euro's... TEMPTING!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How long is 3x VIP? Might just get the London skyline to get the mini VW (that actually looks even more like a 2CV than the bigger model does)

Really really want that Apollo set though

Ryuuroden

Good dates for apollo saturn 5 rocket release would be May 18th which was the launch date of Apollo 10 dress rehersal for moon landing or July 16 which was launch of Apollo 11 and led to the first Moon Landing.

Ryuuroden

I would actually guess 21st of july. First steps on the moon...

I guess the launch dates because it's a model of the Saturn V plus it fits perfectly with middle of the month releases of course I didn't check what day of the week those dates fall on

ghostmind

LEGO released a teaser image for 21137 The Mountain Cave. They have stated that this set will be the largest in the Minecraft theme.

ZumpS4o.jpg

ghostmind

Lots of rumors circling regarding the new UCS Falcon:

- October
- $600USD or more
- ESB Leia & Han, Chewbacca, Finn, Rey, BB8, TFA Han...and maybe a Mynock
- 2 dishes to convert it from OT to ST
- a detailed interior

With everything that is flying around, this rumor gets huge grains of salt at this time.

Lots of rumours circling regarding the news UCS Falcon:

- October
- $600USD or more
- a detailed interior

With everything that is flying around, this rumor gets huge grains of salt at this time.
Biggest and most expensive set ever.

Set of the forever.

ninge

Advice needed!

Should I get two Spiderman bridge battles and connect them together to use as a bridge for my trains? Is it wide enough? I don't mind if I have to extend the towers up a bit...

DonShula

Says a lot about the Star Wars line that it could have a $500 set and a $600 set, while no other line has a set above $350.

I still can't process $500 for the Death Star. $600 for a bigger Falcon is not something I can do. Though it doesn't seem to be aimed at me.

- October
- $600USD or more
- a detailed interior

Hnngghh...i can only get so hard. I'll be getting both the UCS snow speeder and Falcon this year. Oh my poor wallet.....

Risible

$600 for a Lego set is insane. I mean, like really insane. Argue price per piece and all that all you want, it's crazy.

I guess I'm just an old man yelling at clouds, I don't know. Hell, I bought a fully functioning albeit beat-to-shit Chevy Nova for $50 back in the 80s :).

- October
- $600USD or more
- a detailed interior

Throw in Lando and Nien Numb and I might just do it

Lego Worlds update:

Found a new larger city area... had some what mostly looked like a very near full fleshed out Creator Bike Shop & Cafe... was cool to walk around in first person :D they even had the wall-e robot!

Also, found town hall, though it seems a bit stripped down, but has most of the structures and main rooms (dont own set so I don't remember).

I think some of the coolest parts of Worlds is that you can basically get down to Minifig size and walk around these sets in first or third person.

Urgh, possible Falcon? They I need to hold back on the DS until confirmation. Although for me, DS would be more useful as a huge figure display, the Falcon is iconic as heck.

Another Minecraft set bigger than The Village though? In addition to the huge Ninjago sets that are coming? I can understand tapping the collector market with nostalgic licenses, but primary kids series?

Stop teasing us Lego and reveal this thing allready!
Ooooh, I didn't know the Saturn V would include a little lander too. :eek:

This is probably the set I'm most looking forward to seeing and (almost assuredly) owning. I'm a little worried with just how long it's going to be, but being a multistage rocket will help with displaying it in smaller chunks lined up.

If it manages to keep the original Ideas submission's piece count (1179) I hope LEGO manages to keep the set at around $100-$125. Any more than that and I'll probably wait for a VIP deal or something. And hey, that LEGO Chess Set managed to have 1450 pieces and only cost $55! (yes I know it's mostly very simple pieces, but I can dream!)

Osahi

Ooooh, I didn't know the Saturn V would include a little lander too. :eek:

This is probably the set I'm most looking forward to seeing and (almost assuredly) owning. I'm a little worried with just how long it's going to be, but being a multistage rocket will help with displaying it in smaller chunks lined up.

If it manages to keep the original Ideas submission's piece count (1179) I hope LEGO manages to keep the set at around $100-$125. Any more than that and I'll probably wait for a VIP deal or something. And hey, that LEGO Chess Set managed to have 1450 pieces and only cost $55! (yes I know it's mostly very simple pieces, but I can dream!)
Yeah, it's one I'm looking forward to a lot too. It'll depend on the price of it's a day one or a double/tripple VIP purchase though.

In other news, I just bought the UCS Tie at 183 euro in stead of 229. As space is getting sparse and regular SW sets are getting pricier with every wave, I'm thinking of mainly focussing in UCS ships and skipping the playsets, a part from maybe one or two a year for the really cool ones (like the AT-ST from Rogue One). Would be the same spending or even cheaper...

UK: if you're using Quidco, you can spend £35 and get £10 bonus cashback on a LEGO store purchase for a few more days, plus 3% regular cashback, plus free shipping, plus 15% back in VIP points, plus the free Bug.

$600 fucking dollars and only like 7 figures lol
Give me the entire rebel alliance , give me Dash Rendar, give me young kylo ren
Give me boba , give me everyone

Has to be quadruple VIP points or triple at worst
That's $600 lol

That being said, I think I'll sell some old sets because I really want it , I had lots of technic stuff from the 90s that I want to get rid of , also that mindstorms set

- October
- $600USD or more
- a detailed interior

Weird that it hasn't got a C-3PO to make up the whole ESB crew, I know he was guarding the ship while the others were mynock hunting but it still feels like an omission.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UK: if you're using Quidco, you can spend £35 and get £10 bonus cashback on a LEGO store purchase for a few more days, plus 3% regular cashback, plus free shipping, plus 15% back in VIP points, plus the free Bug.

Oh shit that takes me over the edge

Bought VW beetle and London skyline, plus 3x VIP, free mini beetle and £10 cashback.

Still not sold on the beetle but I like the car line and it keeps my collection full, plus I like the pairing of big and small sets (love my tiny VW camper)

So i've just finished my own little ghetto lightbox made out of a lack table just like some of you guys here did, although i feel the cloth i used needs to be more translucent OR i need a stronger light source since the pics still feel too dark kinda hmmm...

I used that Bugatti Speed champions set to test it just now, and by the way, that is one awesome set! The way they used a red rubber band to give the illusion of an LED strip is totally genius, never seen before!!

Pym2kyk.jpg

KOMG8wu.jpg

sorry for the huge pics, forgot to convert them ;(

wetwired

So i've just finished my own little ghetto lightbox made out of a lack table just like some of you guys here did, although i feel the cloth i used needs to be more translucent OR i need a stronger light source since the pics still feel too dark kinda hmmm...

I used that Bugatti Speed champions set to test it just now, and by the way, that is one awesome set! The way they used a red rubber band to give the illusion of an LED strip is totally genius, never seen before!!

Pym2kyk.jpg

KOMG8wu.jpg

sorry for the huge pics, forgot to convert them ;(

Mine were relatively dark, I just auto leveled then fucked with the levels a bit more in photoshop

wetwired

Anyone else see this? LEGO KO company producing sets based on AFOL designs, but the twist? they're licensed the designers from the MOC Creators themselves.

I'm in two minds about it, on one hand, at least they're not outright stealing designs like other companies, on the other hand, they're not LEGO and not actually licensed by the IP holders (in the case of the Akira bike and Alien)

That last point is a grey area I know well though, you can make a product that looks like a licensed character but you can't use the name of that character associated with the product, but that's china for you

papluh

Pics of some Ninjago Movie stuff.
Some (like the already teased red mech) seem to be sets, minifigs (dat headgear!) are highly probable to be in sets and I guess the ones like the bad boy mech will be purely movie props.
Not sure on the green dragon - if it will fit the 540pcs set teased last time and the presence of chrome gold pieces as in the pic.

http://bricksfans.com/first-look-at-the-lego-ninjago-movie-books/
FU0agQw.jpg
Hvx6mW8.jpg
0qNHKLO.jpg

last 2 pics in full http://i.imgur.com/8bAqGIp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fzI5fe4.jpg

Some (like the already teased red mech) seem to be sets, minifigs (dat headgear!) are highly probable to be in sets and I guess the ones like the bad boy mech will be purely movie props.
Not sure on the green dragon - if it will fit the 540pcs set teased last time and the presence of chrome gold pieces as in the pic.

FU0agQw.jpg
Hvx6mW8.jpg
0qNHKLO.jpg

last 2 pics in full http://i.imgur.com/8bAqGIp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fzI5fe4.jpg
Dat Mech and dragon!

Jimrpg

Hey Lego Gaf, so my kids are three and a half and one and a half so I've been buying a few Lego sets for (ahem) them and myself. The Duplo seemed a bit too easy for the eldest one, so I bought some Lego Friends sets. She can build about a quarter of the Lego Friends Puppy Day Care before she loses focus and I have to build the rest of it for her to play with. But she really likes playing around with the finished build. :)

Over the last couple of months I also purchased -

Lego Creator Log Cabin
Lego Creator Corner Deli

And yesterday I ordered -

Lego Friends Supermarket
Lego Friends Party Shop
Lego Friends Heart Lake Delivery Shop

My Wishlist now is the

Lego Friends Cupcake Shop
Lego Creator RV
Lego Creator Parisian Restaurant
Lego Creator Creative Assembly

I have no idea how to justify the cost of the last two to my wife >.<

Ponn

Banned

FU0agQw.jpg
Hvx6mW8.jpg
0qNHKLO.jpg

Oh fuck me and my wallet. Shark Army AND a cool ass Green Dwagon?!

I don't really give two shits about the story of Ninjago, but the dragons I have gotten so far tickle a nerve I needed, and Temple of Airjitzu tickles the nerve for old Japanese style architecture something fierce. Seeing the teases of mech and dragons pleases me greatly. Now to see if they can somehow top the Temple of Airjitzu with their next flagship set.

Although, all the ghost or spirit themed stuff like Morro Dragon hit the sweet spot for old Japanese folklore stuff combined with the horror elements of Monster Fighters. A truly dangerous combination for me.

Is that dragon and giant shark mech there an official set? I mean, somehow they don't even really look like Lego to me, the mech especially, if you look closer, it seems more like some weird alternate Bionicle thing than regular brick built Lego. Hard to tell though from the quality of the pic.

Top Bottom