• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

What sort of deal did you make with the devil to have that luck?

The blue coat Bilbo is what makes this whole story sound like some deal made with a demon at the crossroads. Before that, it was just a lucky find. But adding that figure in just made it crazy.

Yeah. It was like a real life Vince McMahon falling out of the chair gif.

As far as $800 for the falcon, I'll pay it and might even drive to Rochester that morning to grab it. For most Lego fans this is the holy grail set and I'm hoping they only improve on the original and no stickers please.

To think the previous Falcon once dropped to $170 CAD when TLG put it on sale.

WTF!? That is an insane drop. Are you meaning previous UCS?

To this day, I still regret not going further in debt to get the first UCS Falcon. I was visiting my now wife's parents outside Chicago for the first time, and we went to a mall that had a LEGO store. Granted, I was still in my dark ages, but still found it fun to go in there. The UCS Falcon was there, teasing me. It was calling to me. I fought so hard not to use my credit card and buy it then then ship it home to NC, but I was strong.
But seeing the box and touching it...I resisted the pull of the Dark Side.

Of course, years later, thanks to Wetwired's first OG LEGO thread, I succumbed and have devoted myself to the Dark Side ever since. Getting the 2012 TIE Fighter and Sex Wing brought me from the dark ages. But seeing UCS Imperial Shuttle and Fire Brigade in the thread made me want to go for the bigger stuff.
It was a steep slope downhill ever since.

ghostmind

I'm looking forward to my OT thread for the UCS Falcon 2.0 - the reactions should be priceless.

YtwU7GP.gif

For that price, i better be able to live inside it!!!

On a sidenote, a friend of mine was telling me the other day if the falcon was gonna be 600 bucks there was NO WAY he was gonna buy it as that amount would be way too much money to spend on a single Lego set...boy have i got news for him now :D Pretty sure once people will see this thing they will be swayed regardless of the pricetag (assuming it will be earthshatteringly glorious of course)

AMUSIX

Mos Eisley Cantina by Valkyre1, on Flickr

More here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskT5iXmJ

Let me know what you think, always open to constructive criticism and improvement!

What kind of banthapodo is this? 6 months, and this is what you come up with? I mean, droids?? In the cantina?!? -24951 Space Points for you, sir!

But, seriously, that is an awesome build you did, and I loved your place-making around the exterior. Really feels active.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
£160 for 2670 pieces? That's not a bad price/piece at all.

Edit: No power functions logo?

Edit2: Ah, it's in the blurb.

What's the full Fairground range, now? Mixer, Ferris Wheel, Carousel, is there another?

That reminded me that I had a tiny dream about Lego last night. I was in a busy store and out of the corner of my eye I notice a box with 'power functions' on it and for some reason I knew it was an upgrade kit for the UCS R2-D2. I went crazy trying to get to it, and all these people were in the way.

And then I woke up

Osahi

What if, and hear me out, what if that is UCS Cloud City with working hovering power functions. Huh...huhhhh??!

Or a working, rolling and self-aware UCS BB-8?

Anyway. 800 is immense. I am sure the set will be awesome, but unless I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll never spend that much.

willp2003

I've been saving all my VIP points ready for a big set in the future, looks like that will be (needed) for the falcon. Yes it's a lot to pay, but I'm not going to miss out. I have no where to put it, but I'll just move house!

Osahi

Carousel page is up at S@H. It's 199 in Belgium (and France), which I can live with. Still going to try and get it in Germany though.

Osahi

Lego. Stahp! That's three expensive sets within a month! Saturn will be a day one deal though.

Edit: and Psiaki again. Brilliant

kapowza

one of the defining memories of my childhood was walking around the real one at Kennedy. It's unimaginably huge, even more so back in the day when it was outdoors so you could see it for miles.

I'm definitely buying this.

ghostmind

1:110 scale. 10231 was about 1:120. Should look pretty good next to each other. Cannot wait for this set!

Made the thread.

Thank-you!

Amazing looking set - everything I was hoping for.

And I'll also be putting this with 10231 and the Curiosity Rover.

Maybe this will sell gangbusters and LEGO will proceed with a realistic space theme... one can dream!

nny

one of the defining memories of my childhood was walking around the real one at Kennedy. It's unimaginably huge, even more so back in the day when it was outdoors so you could see it for miles.

I'm definitely buying this.

It is an amazing experience to see it in person...the size of that beast is mindboggling.

Ponn

Banned
Or a working, rolling and self-aware UCS BB-8?

Anyway. 800 is immense. I am sure the set will be awesome, but unless I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll never spend that much.

You know maybe like 4 LegoGaffers can all go in on one and share custody. Each person gets it for 3 months at a time. :)

I am debating about that as well. Hold off until double VIP, load up on points to make the impending UCS Falcon hurt less.

Good lord, imagine getting the Falcon during triple VIP :0

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh god it's gorgeous. Proper goosebumps

I'm almost considering buying two so one can be on display fully formed, and the other in 'exploded' form

How tall is it? Wondering if it'll fit horizontally in a billy bookcase

8bit

Knows the Score
Saturn V looks all kinds of amazing, looking forward to that.

Bought a handful of S17 minifigs, and the mystery figure fell out of the first pack so that's solved.

ghostmind

Took me a while (6 months) but my version of Mos Eisley Cantina is now complete! Hope GAF likes it, would love to hear opinions. My goal was not only to show the cantina but get a feel of the surrounding area/market at the same time. I include all shorts of shops, from the Jawas to droid repair shops to engine parts etc., trying to get in as much detail as possible. The second building, is a mini modular fully detailed shop as well.

Mos by Valkyre1, on Flickrr

More here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskT5iXmJ

Let me know what you think, always open to constructive criticism and improvement!

I didn't show my appreciation for this earlier, but this is most impressive. I would kill (many Bothans) to have something like this to display in my home.

Nicely done!

Ponn

Banned
Hmm. Someone locally is selling a Taj Mahal for $750. Tempted.

(I also need to stop looking on eBay at those Haunted House listings...)

That sounds like an incredibly great find or someone trying to sell a chinese knockoff (they do have one for the Taj Mahal) so be careful.

Hmmm...haunted house is soooo good. You should go for it, ENABLERS UNITE!

That sounds like an incredibly great find or someone trying to sell a chinese knockoff (they do have one for the Taj Mahal) so be careful.

Hmmm...haunted house is soooo good. You should go for it, ENABLERS UNITE!

Haunted house is amazing. It features the best LEGO record player ever.

That potential knock off Taj Mahal sounds super fishy though.

HH is my one regret from the last few years. I thought it would stick around a little longer than it did.

The Taj Mahal is most likely legit. Unless the fake sets have also started printing LEGO on the studs? Comes with the instruction booklets too and he's had it up for a while. (It has been dropping in price from $1250).

Top Bottom