• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

papluh

There were stories about info from Store personnel, so let me add mine ;)

Yesterday, on the combined start of SW action and AFOL day, I got some friendly chat with a store manager (or shift lead, as they are the only ones allowed to put in the rebates, at least here).
When he asked the usual "do you want to use the VIP points?" question I denied, he countered that I have quite a few there, so I said I'm saving for new UCS, to what he asked if I know the SnowSpeeder can be bought already today (Saturday). I half-jokingly replied something like "I'm saving those for the big one that is rumored to hit the wallet hard". To what he replied "you mean the biggest, most expensive and heaviest set ever ? Then you still have time until autumn, October or so", after that he quickly switched to other topics like Saturn V and Carousel...

He might have been joking too :D
But the hopes are high ;)

Woorloog

Banned
I believe so, from a few pages ago:

So if you want the Resistance X-Wing get it today.

Not sure about that 30% off, maybe it's region specific. Weird, given how it's SW 40th anniversary

But it's weird they are doing it this way... all those sets are already 10% off, people who don't know about the leaked list might be disappointed once the -40% hits...

(then again, 10% isn't really a discount worth considering)

Ah, i wish those listed prices were true here.
Here, the normal price for the Millenium Falcon is 180€ at Lego's shop. So discounted price would be 110€... Is that a good price for the set?

Ponn

Banned
I'm trying to pull back on lego purchases, especially since i'm starting to make a pile to sell off so i decided the buildable R2 poly, while cool, I shouldn't really be buying anymore Star Wars stuff now. I'm actually pretty happy with my Star Wars collection as is, I got most of my favorite ships and vehicles. With my extremely limited budget I just can't give into impulse anymore and feeling the need to get every freebie. I have a couple more big must get sets for the year so i'm going to concentrate on them

Ultimate Batmobile
Batwing
Carousel
Saturn V
Fishing Shop (whenever they decide to release that one if this year)

And I still haven't made my peace with skipping TLBM Arkham set. If I impulse buy anything that would probably be the set.

ghostmind

There were stories about info from Store personnel, so let me add mine ;)

Yesterday, on the combined start of SW action and AFOL day, I got some friendly chat with a store manager (or shift lead, as they are the only ones allowed to put in the rebates, at least here).
When he asked the usual "do you want to use the VIP points?" question I denied, he countered that I have quite a few there, so I said I'm saving for new UCS, to what he asked if I know the SnowSpeeder can be bought already today (Saturday). I half-jokingly replied something like "I'm saving those for the big one that is rumored to hit the wallet hard". To what he replied "you mean the biggest, most expensive and heaviest set ever ? Then you still have time until autumn, October or so", after that he quickly switched to other topics like Saturn V and Carousel...

He might have been joking too :D
But the hopes are high ;)

October is consistent with what I've heard.

ghostmind

Via DeltaCustoms, the names and prices for the upcoming Justice League sets:

76085 Battle of Atlantis – $19.99
Parademon
Atlantean Guard x2
Aquaman
76086 Justice League Knightcrawler – $49.99
Parademon x2
Batman
The Flash
76087 Justice League Flying Fox - $129.99
Steppenwolf (brick-built)
Parademon
Parademon
Batman
Superman
Cyborg
Wonder Woman

And the same, via Brickset, for Thor: Ragnarok:

76084 The Ultimate Battle for Asgard - $49.99
Hela
Berserker x2
Valkyrie
Burce Banner
Thor
76088 Thor vs Hulk: Arena Clash - $59.99
Hulk
Thor
Loki
Sakaarian Guard
Grandmaster

Rootbeer

Banned
I love when these films only get 2 or 3 sets -- makes it easy for me to swoop in and get the whole wave.

Particularly excited for the Ragnarok sets. The leaked minifigures look wonderful.

All ready for my Monday morning escapade at the LEGO store tomorrow. Full set of Series 17 is my goal, if my pack feeling stays on point.

Via DeltaCustoms, the names and prices for the upcoming Justice League sets:

76085 Battle of Atlantis – $19.99
76086 Justice League Knightcrawler – $49.99
76087 Justice League Flying Fox - $129.99

And the same, via Brickset, for Thor: Ragnarok:

76084 The Ultimate Battle for Asgard - $49.99
76088 Thor vs Hulk: Arena Clash - $59.99
So part of the JL(+Mera likely)vs Parademons, new Batmobile and something huge I'll be tempted by?

WW is only getting the Ares battle, right?

so that Knightcrawler....

is that the thing from the trailer that reminded me of the Scuttler?
Has to be. That Flying Fox is Batman's JL HQ that can fly, hold the Batmobile, has a science station, engineering department etc.

Named after the JL's ship in a AU where they were pirates :p
tumblr_nji0mb2vwg1s9ufo0o1_1280.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Which of the vehicle models would you say is the most fun to build out of the VW Beetle, Ferrari F40, and Mini? Want something to build tomorrow and I think probably one of those will be the most likely

otapnam

Wasnt even planning on starting on collecting Spider man but the bridge set was down to 62 on Amazon. Still waiting on any may 4th sales

mclem

Noticed in the online store that one discount that isn't highlighted is that the buildable Rey seems to be half-price.

ghostmind

via The BrickFan, I've added minifigs included to the Justice League and Thor sets listed a few posts above.

And here are some Ninjago Movie set listings:

70606 Spinjitzu Training – 9.99€
Kai
Zane

70607 Ninjago City Chase – 19.99€
Lloyd Garmadon
Nya
Shark Army Thug
Ham
Officer Toque

70609 Manta Ray Bomber - 29.99€
Cole
Shen-Li
Great White
Shark Army Gunner

70611 Water Strider – 39.99€
Nya
Kai
Shark Army Thug
Puffer

70612 Green Ninjao Mech Dragon – 49.99€
The Green Ninjago
Wu
Garmadon
Charlie

70614 Lightning Jet – 59.99€
Jay
Ed
Edna
Crusty
Shark Army Thug
Jelly

70615 Fire Mech – 69.99€
Kai
Zane
Lauren
Henry
Hammer Head
Jelly

70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon – 99.99€
Jungle Garmadon
Cole
Kai
Nya
Jay
Lloyd
Zane

70618 Destiny's Bounty – 169.99€
Kai
Jay
Zane
Nya
Cole
Lloyd
Wu

One of the missing set numbers will likely be the Ninjago Movie D2C set.

R-User!

If it's this https://i.redd.it/jh69r7ii3woy.jpg, then it's a fake.

But apparently there are legit blurry partial pictures out there.

Well there wa that one, and the other one with just the price, set number and item number.... was that a fake too? The one you just posted kinda corroborates the other one out there... what makes the fake one a fake one (obvious photoshop or something)? I honestly can't tell from looking at it on the small screen I have.

Those damn blurry pics...

ghostmind

Well there wa that one, and the other one with just the price, set number and item number.... was that a fake too? The one you just posted kinda corroborates the other one out there... what makes the fake one a fake one (obvious photoshop or something)? I honestly can't tell from looking at it on the small screen I have.

Those damn blurry pics...

The one with product number 6175771 is legit, but it's just a product listing with no images.

I think €699.00 could translate to $699.00 going by Saturn V / Snowspeeder pricing? Preparing for $799 though. Man, this is an expensive set. And only three months availability is going to be a pain. (Though the leaked pic is indicating a 1 year 3 months window if I am not mistaken?)

I'm trying to pull back on lego purchases, especially since i'm starting to make a pile to sell off so i decided the buildable R2 poly, while cool, I shouldn't really be buying anymore Star Wars stuff now. I'm actually pretty happy with my Star Wars collection as is, I got most of my favorite ships and vehicles. With my extremely limited budget I just can't give into impulse anymore and feeling the need to get every freebie. I have a couple more big must get sets for the year so i'm going to concentrate on them

Ultimate Batmobile
Batwing
Carousel
Saturn V
Fishing Shop (whenever they decide to release that one if this year)

And I still haven't made my peace with skipping TLBM Arkham set. If I impulse buy anything that would probably be the set.

I feel you 100%. I've seriously cut back my spending on SW sets over the last six months. Like you, I have all of the ships I like and once I realized I won't get every "great" fig it was easier to skip sets. I'll be in San Francisco on May 4th and will be able to make it to the LEGO store sometime after lunch...for the first time in many years I don't even know if I'll end up getting the promo. It's a solid looking build but all that means is that it'll end up among the hundreds of other polys I haven't opened.

I am trying to be realistic in the sets I want. I had hoped that the modular buildings were done but it seems like that theme will keep going. The collector in me doesn't like that.

Outside of small sets, I basically have my eye on the Assembly Square and Brick Bank

I think i'll skip the Beetle, Snowspeeder & Helicarrier (humming and hawing in it forever).

My girls and I started a set this morning.

Guess the set!

I love when these films only get 2 or 3 sets -- makes it easy for me to swoop in and get the whole wave.

The limited number of Marvel releases is part of the reason I love the theme.

S17 CMF and Wonder Woman are available on EU S@H. However, since I only want a few of the CMF this time around, I will have to wait for a local store to get them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oooo I forgot Wonder Woman was coming so soon. Nice surprise.

Gonna try to snag that when I make a rush for the minifigures in the morning.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Which of the vehicle models would you say is the most fun to build out of the VW Beetle, Ferrari F40, and Mini? Want something to build tomorrow and I think probably one of those will be the most likely

Anyone?

papluh

I'd say all of those 3 are fun.

But start with Mini, because if you would build the Beetle first, the Mini techniques would look plain. Don't get me wrong, Mini is a nice build, the basic chassis looks similar, classic alignment of bricks, but where Mini has fender as one SNOT part on Beetle it is a multipart minibuild, where mini had hood as one orientation SNOT build, Beetle has a double angled hinged build, etc ... unless you plan to save the Minii to co-built with somebody less experienced

F40 will start to get different angles already after floorpan is done. I liked it for being so different from the majority of Mini/Beetle builds.

Not so fun things and possible frustrations:
- Beetle - aligning the curved stickers on the side windows so that they are just at the edge
- F40 - also stickers, on the front bumper, the brick built black line on the side is different height than on the front, so how to visually align it with 2 sticker on corner curves to look continuous. Oh and the blue 3L pin for the popup headlights, can't be unseen, get black one :)
- Mini - not much or it was long ago. For certain sort of people including me, the aligning of the 1x1 tiles on the seats :D

mclem

Brickset posted them so I assume it's safe to share.

76084-1.jpg

Hela wearing the Inspired By Lord Business range, there.

The hound-thing's head looks a bit busy from that angle, can't quite get a mental image of it.

On the Arena, can't work out if the spiky thing on the right is just decoration, or if it has some play feature aspects to it. Seems oddly asymmetrical otherwise.

Osahi

All three are great. MIni is the most straight forward build. Both F40 and Beetle have amazing builds, with a lot of suprising techniques to get the angles. Brickes locking other bricks in place by leaning against each other and stuff like that. I built the F40 most recently, so I remember it best but I had a feeling it was a tad more suprising than the Beetle. Beetle is an amazing final model though.

As someone said above: I would start with the Mini, and keep the better builds for last.

Osahi

On the Arena, can't work out if the spiky thing on the right is just decoration, or if it has some play feature aspects to it. Seems oddly asymmetrical otherwise.

I think it can fall down? Looks like the one on the left is lying down.

Shitty movie license sets part 593. I'm kind of getting the same vibe as the non-Milano GotG sets and 90% of Marvel and DC stuff (that isn't last year's Spider-Man series). Here's an ugly vehicle! Here's a shitty wall! Here's a bunch of generic henchmen that noone cares to army build! Oh, and here's Cate Blanchett and Jeff Goldblum so you know you need to collect them.

The good thing is that unless you're a completionist, you can get the important characters once and then never care for the variants.

I'm curious if the UCS Millennium Falcon will be updated to whatever changes it may have in TLJ, or if it might have interior details this go around?

I'll never be able to afford it, which depresses me.

DonShula

You know the true answer. Let go of your hesitation, and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

But I just bought the TIE Striker on Saturday...

Right now my Jet.com cart has the Kylo Ren Shuttle, Krennic's Shuttle, the Imperial Hovertank, and a Captain Phasma constraction. Sub total US $151.13.

I'm running out of room to display these things. But I'm also a sucker for a good deal.

ghostmind

But I just bought the TIE Striker on Saturday...

Right now my Jet.com cart has the Kylo Ren Shuttle, Krennic's Shuttle, the Imperial Hovertank, and a Captain Phasma constraction. Sub total US $151.13.

I'm running out of room to display these things. But I'm also a sucker for a good deal.

bl27ftO.gif

magawolaz

Did Kylo Ren's shuttle get destroyed at the end of TFA? Can't remember.
If not, I'd say get Krennic's shuttle. I'm sure by the time Ep. IX drops we'll see a new Kylo Ren shuttle with folding wings and correct color scheme.

DonShula

I suppose the world does owe me things...

Did Kylo Ren's shuttle get destroyed at the end of TFA? Can't remember.
If not, I'd say get Krennic's shuttle. I'm sure by the time Ep. IX drops we'll see a new Kylo Ren shuttle with folding wings and correct color scheme.

... but you've made an excellent point. I much prefer the look of the shuttle in the movie and there will probably be another. As far as I know it was not destroyed.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Shitty movie license sets part 593. I'm kind of getting the same vibe as the non-Milano GotG sets and 90% of Marvel and DC stuff (that isn't last year's Spider-Man series). Here's an ugly vehicle! Here's a shitty wall! Here's a bunch of generic henchmen that noone cares to army build! Oh, and here's Cate Blanchett and Jeff Goldblum so you know you need to collect them.

The good thing is that unless you're a completionist, you can get the important characters once and then never care for the variants.
Definitely this.

Wont be picking either up, unless Hela is an actual decent presence in the film, though good Marvel villain? Doubtful. No need for another Thor or Hulk, and ill just BL the Bruce Banner.

Top Bottom